Team-BHP - The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/14053-royal-enfield-mechanics-thread-all-mechanics-requirements-queries-here-27.html)

Since my childhood, I always liked this vehicle, but could not own it in my younger days due to financial constraints. Now I am owner of a 4 wheeler and above 40. Recently one of my junior colleague, who rides a bullet of 1980 and knows my love for the vehicle, informed me that a 1983 bullet is available at a price of 75,000/- only.

Please advice me whether I should go for this vehicle or not?

Rakesh the drive train losses minimized in a UCE is a myth, its the same chain sproket drive from crank to the gearbox. They have just packed everything into one case, that's all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallubhai (Post 3816053)
Since my childhood, I always liked this vehicle, but could not own it in my younger days due to financial constraints. Now I am owner of a 4 wheeler and above 40. Recently one of my junior colleague, who rides a bullet of 1980 and knows my love for the vehicle, informed me that a 1983 bullet is available at a price of 75,000/- only.

Please advice me whether I should go for this vehicle or not?

Bhai please go for it.
A well maintained CI Bullet is hard to find and that too @ 75K.
Please do take a trusted friend & a mechanic to inspect the vehicle for its worthiness.
All the best , keep posted ! :)

Right now I have my TB 500 here at Hyderabad. I stay at Lingampally and work at Banjara Hills. Can anyone suggest a decent mechanic to get my bike serviced? Bike does not require anything other than regular maintenance and minor fixes. I mean, no repairs as such.

Thanks in advance.

Just got my RE Thunderbird 350 (2012 model) serviced from VPL Auto, Camp Road, Selaiyur, Tambaram East, Chennai. Although it took a week to get the service done, the vehicle now rides a lot smooth. Gear shifts are ultra smooth (as good as when I took delivery of the bike years back), kick start works with the first kick, early in the morning.

Anyone around medavakkam - tambaram area, would suggest VPL Auto, if 4-5 days wait time is not a constraint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshivaa (Post 3924589)

Anyone around medavakkam - tambaram area, would suggest VPL Auto, if 4-5 days wait time is not a constraint.

I was looking for a good mechanic for doing some minor fixing and re-painting of my Electra 2002. Is this your first experience with this mechanic or do you know him before ? I am from Pallavaram and has been giving my Bull to a person called Kumar in Tambaram. He is good but tad expensive.

My cousin / neighbors have been servicing their other bikes with this person for last few years. for my Thunderbird, this is the first experience.

thanks
Siva

Hello Guys,
Now my Classic 350's is going to be due for its 4th service. I have shifted to Bangalore so now looking for a good place to get my Bull serviced. I live near Domlur so anything near would be good.
The authorized service center, Teknik Motorcycle in Koramangla and Sarjapur Road both don't have good reviews. I also got to know about some local mechanics with some good praise [Fairoz (09844688893, 09845456410) and Sanaullah - 9035705407 in Islampura (Near HAL)]. Where should I go? I love my bull and would want things to be good if not perfect.
I just want a normal service and nothing wrong with the bike. Any guidance will be appreciated.
please:

Avoid Manjunath Bullet Garage, please. They have trained their grease monkeys to scare you with statements like, "Saar, your chain and sprocket have to be changed or else it will break!" Basically trying to squeeze more out of you by suggesting un-necessary repairs. Follow the manual for checking your sprocket and Check your invoice, they will add unnecessary charges :). Bull Shit Bullet Garage, bunch of robbers. They take all new bullet newbies for a sweet ride. The old rude man there thinks he is an Einstein of bullets, does not know jack shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanu2k15 (Post 3996840)
Hello Guys,
Now my Classic 350's is going to be due for its 4th service. I have shifted to Bangalore so now looking for a good place to get my Bull serviced. I live near Domlur so anything near would be good.
The authorized service center, Teknik Motorcycle in Koramangla and Sarjapur Road both don't have good reviews. I also got to know about some local mechanics with some good praise [Fairoz (09844688893, 09845456410) and Sanaullah - 9035705407 in Islampura (Near HAL)]. Where should I go? I love my bull and would want things to be good if not perfect.
I just want a normal service and nothing wrong with the bike. Any guidance will be appreciated.
please:

I have recently tried Javed (99868 06698) who has his workshop opposite the Iblur bus stop on sarjapur road before the ORR. Close to the Technic showroom.
I am no expert to tell if he is good, but Technic refused to service older bullets at the sarjapur road facility (mine is a 2003 Electra 350) and I found his service station to be the nearest.
Work was done well and I have a small niggle with the chain guard which I intend to take it back for fixing but he was thorough with his job. If anyone gives it here and is more knowledgeable please let me know your thoughts on his work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trucksingh (Post 3997446)
Avoid Manjunath Bullet Garage, please.

Yes read similar reviews about them for the same thing. So they are off the list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindovermotor (Post 3997483)
I have recently tried Javed (99868 06698) who has his workshop opposite the Iblur bus stop on sarjapur road before the ORR. Close to the Technic showroom.

Thanks for the information, I am thinking of going to Teknic service center on Sarjapur road as mine is a free 4th service, i'll see how they do and will be very careful. If I don't like them i'll try the other guys.
Also will try to service the bull myself, like simple stuff, oil change, checking things as per schedule and cleaning by hiring a nearby shop to do these myself lol:. If anyone has any link or tips on how to service the bull yourself then please do share that.
Thinking of using these so called service center for any major issues after this 4th free service.

My TBTS 350 (April 2014) was sparingly used for an year or so as I was travelling outside India. My cousin, who took care of it, managed to get it serviced every 3-4 months but not sure if it was as per the service schedule. He is more of a car guy and two wheelers do not fascinate him.

Now that I am back in Pune, I am thinking of getting it checked and serviced thoroughly once before the monsoons set in.

My bike has done 12500 odd kms till now. From Apr 2014-May 2015, it clocked ~10,000 kms but since then it has done only 2,500 kms. Is it advisable to follow the service schedule given in the manual or seek technical advice and do only the necessary recommended changes/service? Also, as I have recently moved to Pune, should I visit authorized service center (Kings Auto Riders, Baner - closer to Hinjewadi) for this or some recommended good RE mechanics would do fine (pref. close to Hinjewadi).

Another worry, on account of lying unused for a good part of the year, rust has started building up around certain areas. Any tips n tricks to get rid is highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minzanurag (Post 4002245)

Also, as I have recently moved to Pune, should I visit authorized service center (Kings Auto Riders, Baner - closer to Hinjewadi) for this or some recommended good RE mechanics would do fine (pref. close to Hinjewadi).

With my limited experience of A.S.S., i would strongly suggest not to go to them if your bike is out of warranty. Their work culture solely revolves around servicing as many bike as they can in a day and replace not repair policy.
I am getting my bullet serviced with a father son duo who know bullets (new/old) in and out.
If you want you can try out, he is situated near Kalewadi phata (6-7 kms from Hinjewadi).
Son's name is Shashi (9970117153), if you want give reference of Singh (white bullet).
And if you go please share your feedback (good/bad/ugly) for rest of the members.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh

Hi,
I have a 2011 Classic 500 black color. Am planning to get the bike painted in matt black color. There are few rusts too so the new painting would help.

Can you suggest any good paint job work in Bangalore, would be great if its Whitefield area.

Hi Bullet Gurus,

I had changed the Carb-Slider (which had white scratch marks) recently for my STD 350 uce 2013 model , the pickup has improved slightly.
Off late i have noticed a particular single beat "Tub" like a misfired beat when i dis-engage the acceleration while driving.
Moreover when i start the vehicle in the morning the idling wont even last 3 seconds, at times the engine dies at signal stopover :(
I am really worried about my bike. It has never been the same ever since accident (was kept in garage for a month for repairs).