Team-BHP - The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/14053-royal-enfield-mechanics-thread-all-mechanics-requirements-queries-here-4.html)

i think sankar knows murugan, dont you? take it to him and ensure you get him to do the tuning bit atleast and not his boys, cycle parts repair anybody can do, so monitor the boys while they work on it.

Thanks guys.

Still didnt find time to go to any mech yet. Things to be done on the bike are as follows:-
Ignition timing adjustment, clutch plate change, push rod change (exhaust side pushrod is bent), kick starter spring change (it broke yesterday now the kicker hangs loose), rear brake shoe cleaning/change, front brake shoe cleaning, rear wheel bearings change.

Edit: Yes Jaggu bhai i know Murugan, but never went there. I have some friends who always used to get the bike done by him during the 'olden golden' days :)

There is some guy in Karamana who works only on Bullet's... Try to get more info on him.

Murugan used to be very good, but i don't think he does that well these days, besides he is known to tune RD350's..

My dear friends i need to buy fully synthetic oil in Trivandrum.

First preference is Shell Helix Ultra because i already have a 1liter pack courtesy PraJEEP. Where can i find this oil in Tvm?

If that's not available Mobil1 or even Castrol Edge would be fine. Please let me know if you know.

Check out in any shell outlets sankar you will find one.

But are there any Shell outlets in Trivandrum? There are no Shell pumps here.

I will call you and let you know give me some time,
PM me your number sankar the old number is switched offffff.

From where can i fill up IOC Xtrapremium in TVM? Please recommend some place near Vazhuthacaud, Jagathy, Sasthamangalam.

Most of the bunks on my route are BP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 672990)
From where can i fill up IOC Xtrapremium in TVM? Please recommend some place near Vazhuthacaud, Jagathy, Sasthamangalam.

Civil Supplies pump at Vazhuthacaud.

Thank you Steeroid :) I never went to the civil supplies outlet yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 670848)
My dear friends i need to buy fully synthetic oil in Trivandrum.

First preference is Shell Helix Ultra because i already have a 1liter pack courtesy PraJEEP. Where can i find this oil in Tvm?

If that's not available Mobil1 or even Castrol Edge would be fine. Please let me know if you know.

Next to HDFC bank/Atm near Car Shoppe at Pongumoodu. I buy synthetics from there.

Thanks JK, my bike is now running beautifully on a cocktail of Shell Helix Ultra and Mobil Synt S :)

The Shell smells better imho.

Sorry sankar from past two days was totally busy,
nice to know that your beast is ready now. sorry was not able to help you in any ways.

I pm'ed you the motul guyz number did the thing worked out.

The guy is no longer working for Motul dealership. I went to the Motul distributor but they don't have any stock left and they don't think they'll get any in the future.

Then i went to the oil retailer recommended by JK, from there i got Mobil synthetic. They didn't have shell sourcing the Shell is also a problem because the wholesale guys are not willing to ship 1 or 2 bottles.

The bike's running smooth on the cocktail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 672990)

Most of the bunks on my route are BP.

Civil supplies Vellayambalam (opp keltron gate towards museum) or Statue (after spencers)