Team-BHP - The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/14053-royal-enfield-mechanics-thread-all-mechanics-requirements-queries-here-6.html)

Hello all,

I used to live in Banaswadi, Bangalore before and went to the Manjunath Bullet Garage near there but have moved to Bannerghatta road now and am desperately looking for a good Bullet mechanic. I have lost all respect for the guy at Manjunath Bullet garage and wish I could go to Nandan on Tumkur road but he is so far away. Can someone suggest a good mech somewhere near Bannerghatta road....

Guys start getting your hands dirty on weekends, instead of hunting for roadside mechanics. The Bullet is no mars explorer.

For regular maintenance go to an authorised service station. Atleast there you can haul their rears to court if they get something wrong.

I've been going to TEKNIK in Indira Nagar. The guys never let me down.

I follow the following religiously
  1. General service every 3,000 kms at TEKNIK
  2. Water service every 1,000 kms
  3. Replacement of all cables every year
  4. General check up every week (do it myself nowadaysclap:)

Folks need help from ya'll. I picked up a RE Electra 2003 model with about 27k on the odo quite recently and I am looking for a good mech. I know this bike really needs a mech' who knows his job and not that any roadside mech' could work on this piece of art.
Bike is in excellent condition and here is what I am looking for.

1 - Nandan is pretty close to my house and has anyone here used his services.Feedback is really appreciated.
2 - If not Nandan any alternate mech's around the Bangalore north area.
3 - Bike needs to be repainted and a bit of chrome work also, any pointers to a good place (preferably Bangalore North).

Mechanically the bike is in real good condition and would only require an occasional 3k service.However I don't want my bike to be stalled at home for the want of a paint job. Need to find someone reliable to get the paint and chrome work done.

@rjsytles , I have not interacted with Nandan personally , but I believe he is a really good mech. One of my friends swears by this guy.
As per my friend he said that Nandan is not in it for the money , it is for the love of th bike. Know this sounds far-fetched in this day and age but no harm atleast contacting him and checking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1407137)
Folks need help from ya'll. I picked up a RE Electra 2003 model with about 27k on the odo quite recently and I am looking for a good mech. I know this bike really needs a mech' who knows his job and not that any roadside mech' could work on this piece of art.
Bike is in excellent condition and here is what I am looking for.

1 - Nandan is pretty close to my house and has anyone here used his services.Feedback is really appreciated.
2 - If not Nandan any alternate mech's around the Bangalore north area.
3 - Bike needs to be repainted and a bit of chrome work also, any pointers to a good place (preferably Bangalore North).

Mechanically the bike is in real good condition and would only require an occasional 3k service.However I don't want my bike to be stalled at home for the want of a paint job. Need to find someone reliable to get the paint and chrome work done.

I go to a person called Nayeem on Dinnur main road in RT Nagar. This guy is very honest as I have dealt with a lot of mechs including Teknik motors and Mehboob.
Teknik: For servicing, they suck. They finished servicing for my new bike in flat 1 hr. I had left it in the morning, but in the evening it was still at the same place; hadn't moved an inch from its place. They finished the servicing in 1hr and gave it back to me. I promptly went to Mehboob and got it done.

For Bangalore North:

Mehboob (Nandi Durg Road): The person called Firoz is very good but too expensive.

Nandan (Near Hebbal Flyover): Very good at theory. But he tries a lot with the bike to fix an issue and in turn screw it. I have spoken to him, but never took the bike to him.

There's one more person near Lingarajpuram but I don't remember his name. He too is supposed to be very good.

I'd suggest Nayeem but ask him to touch the bike and not the others. The others do not know much about the bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantejas (Post 1407533)
Nandan (Near Hebbal Flyover): Very good at theory. But he tries a lot with the bike to fix an issue and in turn screw it. I have spoken to him, but never took the bike to him.

Nandan can never screw a bullet. He knows in and out of it and will never charge you unnecessary. Yes he is very choosy about the customers and will not accept till he knows what kind of person you are. ( you=customer). If anybody wants to maintain the bike their own and does not like gizmo's in the bike then go to Nandan and learn from him. If you are a person who wants to add K&N, Thump and race with other bikes you will not be entertained / satisfied by his service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP 812
I have not interacted with Nandan personally , but I believe he is a really good mech. One of my friends swears by this guy.
As per my friend he said that Nandan is not in it for the money , it is for the love of th bike. Know this sounds far-fetched in this day and age but no harm atleast contacting him and checking.

You will be amazed to see his passion about Bullet. He will become your friend in no time if you understand what he is.
Bantejas, Please don't think i am pointing at you, i know Nandan from last three years, he is a very good person but of different personality.

I think its enough now, i can write pages about Nandan, Firoz and other mechanics.

I would stick to Malik @ Chembur in the Central Suburbs as he is the best i have met so far and is passionate about his work too, does no other bike except bullet.

BTW he is an Official Service Point for Royal Enfield.
Malik Service Point
Shop No.251, Vatsalatai Naik Nagar
Eastern Express Highway
Kurla Signal, Chembur
Mumbai TelePhone: 2528 3486 or 9892894789

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohang_j (Post 1407792)
Nandan can never screw a bullet. He knows in and out of it and will never charge you unnecessary. Yes he is very choosy about the customers and will not accept till he knows what kind of person you are. ( you=customer). If anybody wants to maintain the bike their own and does not like gizmo's in the bike then go to Nandan and learn from him. If you are a person who wants to add K&N, Thump and race with other bikes you will not be entertained / satisfied by his service.

You will be amazed to see his passion about Bullet. He will become your friend in no time if you understand what he is.
Bantejas, Please don't think i am pointing at you, i know Nandan from last three years, he is a very good person but of different personality.

I think its enough now, i can write pages about Nandan, Firoz and other mechanics.

mohang_j,

I know Nandan and I usually speak to him once a while. He had asked me to come after my warranty period but haven't been able to go there. Whatever I said about him was purely based on a lot of guys' experiences whom I know and not mine. On the contrary I am actually thinking of attending his classes on one of these days thinking of going to him to show the bike too (I've already done that in fact). I know that he charges for the work that he does and nothing else and I think the same about my mech too.

One thing about him is that he doesn't like the newer AVL bikes. You know that he calls them as girl friends and the cast iron ones as a wife.

I think that most of the bulleteers (as they are called) always boast about their mechanics as they would have saved them in some crunch times; and so it goes!

Tejas

Attachment 190206

Attachment 190207

Attachment 190208Dear BHPians,

Need help as there is some issue with my bike & it need a overhaul. Need some body who is trusted for his work & expertise.

I have already visited Karol Bagh & could not get enough confidence as I have been cheated once already there.:Shockked:

If could not find anything then my next option is too go to A.S.S & get the whole kit replacede but I would still want to try all options.

Bullet pics attached from recent Rishikesh trip!!!!

Your Help is appreciated!!

Dear MODs,
I tried to search but could not find any such thread, if all ready there then please help!!!

Are you comfortable with West Delhi or you want it in Gurgaon only?

Dont know how I missed the pics earlier

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderNomad (Post 1479931)
Are you comfortable with West Delhi or you want it in Gurgaon only?

Precisely where in west Delhi...

Tilak Nagar. Desideep, a member here referred me to a very good bullet mechanic. I can send you the details if you want.

Any mechanic near Marine Lines?! Decomp cable is broken, needs replacement.

There's this guy near churchgate called Nagesh, alot of my friends with enfields used to go to him.
He was based near Samrat hotel

18.931123,72.826636 - Google Maps