Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 09:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Back to the Hero Honda Karizma

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Hello guys,

My cousin who shifted base from desi-land to next-punjab, left his 2007 Karizma R with me. The bike is most abused bike I have ever seen as he was living with some friends for a very long time so the bike has been handled by nearly 10-12 people over the period. He had the engine rebuilt last year but from what I see, he was just conned by the mechanic. There is still leakage from the engine (on the clutch side), the rear right panel is broken, the speedometer isnt working, nor is the headlight, the horn just broke form its fitting and is tied using a string to the handle, there are dents here and there and all the panels are rattling.The electric start is also not working. The digital console ahs its own mind, sometimes it displays the digits but rest of the time it doesnt work. God knows how my cousin was using it. And he still doesnt want to sell it off, says had memories and sentiments attached to it.

Now I wish to restore the bike as I wouldnt like it to be just sitting in the parking like an old donkey. It would be really helpful of you guys if you know of any good, trustable mechanic in Pune who can help me restore the bike.

I wish to rebuild the engine, get the electricals sorted, paint the bike in two-tone(red and black) remove the fairing and add round headlight, change the disk brake assembly, if possible add rear disk brakes. For all this I have kept a budget of 30k(half coming from m cousin).

I enquired with a bike modifier, and he quoted 50k just to give it a scrambler look, engine work and electrical work would be extra. I seriuosly think thats a lot.
You can try Amjad who runs a garage called bike gurus in model colony. HE is an ace when it comes to Karizmas.
Old 11th March 2015, 10:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
You can try Amjad who runs a garage called bike gurus in model colony. HE is an ace when it comes to Karizmas.
By Bike Gurus you mean the garage that is located in Ideal Colony and also has a branch beside CCD on MIT college road?
Old 11th March 2015, 10:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By Bike Gurus you mean the garage that is located in Ideal Colony and also has a branch beside CCD on MIT college road?
Yes he is located in Ideal colony. Don't know if he has any branch. I can PM you his number if you need.
Old 11th March 2015, 10:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Yes he is located in Ideal colony. Don't know if he has any branch. I can PM you his number if you need.
That would be great. Have you used his services personally? And is he of the reasonable kinds?
Old 11th March 2015, 11:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That would be great. Have you used his services personally? And is he of the reasonable kinds?
I had my zma serviced from Amjad. Found him to be quite reasonable. Yes he is quite a good guy and will patiently listen to your requirements.

PS- I sold of my ZMA and bought a CL500
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 17:09   #51
BHPian

Like your narration in a crisp, short manner.

In fact you are one of the few who bought a Karizma from a Royal Enfield. I would agree with your Mrs. I just never was fond of the Electra that my dad had. It was just too stiff for the pillion and had too many niggling and heating issues.

The Karizma has withstood the test of time and was my dream bike as a kid. Though I generally prefer keeping things stock, your bike looks like a beefed up Bajaj Caliber up front and a sporty Unicorn from the side.

Wish you tons of trouble ownership experience.
Old 18th August 2021, 10:21   #52
BHPian

Bumping this old thread.

I have a 2004 karizma, which has not been used from the past 2-3 years, would like to restore it and use it for daily errands or send it to himachal where I have a temporary home.

main problem that I remember with the bike is its plastic body parts rattling. Engine was restored before the bike went into hibernation and the only problem that I faced at that time was unstable rpm at idle.

anybody know a good mechanic in delhi who can restore the bike and do a good mod job of installing a round headlight instead of the fairing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks