Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 14:38   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched the Gixxer 155 cc motorcycle at a price of Rs. 72,199 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 11:04   #32
BHPian

Saw the Gixxer in blue color today while commuting to office.

Did anyone get the chance to test ride this bike ?

Some initial reviews please.
Old 15th December 2014, 16:30   #33
BHPian

New Suzuki Gixxer Facing Quality Issues

The Suzuki Gixxer which was touted to be the rivalling the Yamaha FZ is facing quality issues within months of its launch. The 155 cc bike - Suzuki's desperate effort for the failing GS-150 R - was very well received for it's throaty engine and riding dynamics.

After Renault's Duster facing similar quality lapses, now Suzuki is facing the heat from its customers for incessant rusting mainly near the front disk brake, telescopic forks and even around some nuts and bolts.

This comes as a shock as the company had high hopes for this bike to pose tough competition for the segment leader and the other fact being the bike is barely two months old. Suzuki has not come up with any official statements in accordance to this issue.

Link: http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/12/bik...b-par-quality/

Source :- MotorBeam
Attached Thumbnails
The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzukigixxer155frontdiscbrakerusting.jpg  

Last edited by karzzexped : 15th December 2014 at 16:31.
karzzexped is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 17:22   #34
BHPian

Got a chance to test ride the Gixxer this weekend

Some factors which impressed me were:
- Refined and powerful Engine (Felt better than the FZ)
- Wide Tyres (Similar to the FZ)
- Good Braking (Despite the rear drum setup)
- Smooth gear shifts
- Lightweight

Also, the Price at 82K(on road) is approximately 500 to 1000 Rupees lesser than the older FZ and 6000 lesser than the new Fz2.0 in Chennai.

On the downside, the quality of the kick-start lever was not up to the mark.

Note: Could not check either pillion comfort or the Headlight efficiency.

Also, there are not many dealerships in Chennai compared to Honda or Yamaha(who seem to have plans on aggressive expansion) and I had to drive almost 10 kms before reaching the nearest dealership.

All said and done, I might end up buying this bike to replace my ageing Shine.
jvm_1986 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 18:12   #35
BHPian

Me and my friend (owns FZS) test rode Gixxer on 13th dec and it was awesome. Heavy rain had lashed out minutes before the test ride. The grip offered by the tyres is more than adequate and inspires confidence. There was no vibration even at higher RPMs and the bike’s pull was better than that of the FZ. Exhaust note was sweet at higher RPMs.

Switch gear (especially the engine kill switch) is of a lower quality and feels flimsy. The front fender could have been a bit longer, my legs and the engine was covered with the muck. However, the rear fender had done its job well.
After an awesome test drive experience, booked and took delivery of a metallic triton blue Gixxer on 13th December. Fortunately, a new shipment had arrived couple of days ago and same day delivery was possible.

OTR price in Chennai is 83,600 inclusive of extended warranty and zero depreciation cover.

Dealership experience was good.
katchkamalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 21:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
After an awesome test drive experience, booked and took delivery of a metallic triton blue Gixxer on 13th December. Fortunately, a new shipment had arrived couple of days ago and same day delivery was possible.
You should open a new thread with the initial ownership, pics and your review sir, since I presume you got the delivery.
Old 18th December 2014, 18:51   #37
BHPian

katchkamalesh, Congratulations on the new Gixxer. I too felt that its a really good alternative the the FZ. Am planning on getting one myself.
Which dealer did you get the bike from?
Old 21st December 2014, 13:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
You should open a new thread with the initial ownership, pics and your review sir, since I presume you got the delivery.
You can call me Kamalesh.

It’s only been a week since delivery. Hopefully the initial ownership experience should be up by the end of Christmas holidays. BTW my primary ride is 200 NS. Brother will be using the Gixxer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
katchkamalesh, Congratulations on the new Gixxer. I too felt that its a really good alternative the the FZ. Am planning on getting one myself.
Which dealer did you get the bike from?
JVM, I got the bike from Jains Suzuki, Pallavaram. When I signed in the delivery book, I noticed that Jains had delivered a lot of Gixxers.
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:13   #39
BHPian

Re: Update On The Rusting Issue

Seems that Suzuki has at-last heard the cries of it's customers. Suzuki has formally accepted the rusting issues that were addressed on it's street fighter the Gixxer.

They are now offering to replace the rusted parts for free of cost and would also rectify the vulnerability of some parts like the exhaust muffler, disc brakes and some nuts & bolts.

The reason stated for the rusting is still unknown. The upcoming stocks making it's way to the customer's homes from January '15 would be specially re-coated to tackle this issue.

Source :- A Wonderful Birdie

Last edited by karzzexped : 23rd December 2014 at 14:20.
Old 11th March 2015, 14:55   #40
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Bought my White Gixxer on 1st Feb and have done close to 3000kms till date. I was having a 5yr old TVS Flame and it was in perfect condition and had no idea of changing it as it was only an alternate bike to my TB.

But after reading a few reviews on bike forums and auto magazines, the Gixxer bug bit me :-) Its almost after 7 or 8yrs since the FZ was launched, I read reviews praising a new bike so much.

Took the test drive sometime in Jan and it felt awesome. Flame would have mild virations at certain speeds in each gear, and needless to say about vibrations on the TB.
The Gixxer is probably the smoothest bike I have driven till date and to add to it, its just absolutely free revving. Even close to the redline its almost nill vibrations.

A replacement for the alternate bike to the TB, has now become the daily ride. So much so that, I did the 1000km 1st service on the 13th day:-) Completed the 2000kms in 28days(that is on March 1 it was more that 2k on the ODO)

Now that its close to 3000kms, I think it would be fair to give a breif set of pros and cons.

Pros:
1. Awesome looks. Probably the best looker in the segment. And those who think it is FZ inspired, please search for images of Suzuki GSXS. I have given one such image below.
2. Superbly Refined Engine & Gearbox. Absolutely no vibes.
3. Fantastic finish and paint quality all through. Built to last.
4. Sweet exhaust note. After the apache this is the 2nd best stock exhaust.
5. Fully Packed Digital Console - Odo, 2 trips, fuel, rpm, gear and RPM limit indicator
6. Lightweight and easily flickable.
7. Good mileage - Solid 47-50kmpl average in normal conditions. 52+ when driven sedately. Let me tell you, its very hard.
8. Superb Value for money and very low maintenance costs.(Mine was 1st service, but heard very nominal rates for bikes which came for 2nd or 3rd service at the service center)

Cons:
1. Headlight design could have been better. Its plain compared to the curvy bike.
2. Poor 35W headlight. I upgraded to full LED headlamps
3. No Engine scoop or rear tyre hugger - Might lead to lot of mud splash in the monsoons.
4. As it is a naked steet fighter, wind wading capability is average. On similar lines of FZ, whereas the Fazer and R15 are much better due to the faring.

Rusting: Regarding the rusting issue, when I checked with the showroom, it was mentioned that Suzuki unlike their previous half hearted attempts, had serious hopes about the gixxer and so to avoid too much waiting periods, the yards of dealers were well stoked couple of months ahead of the launch. Usually the yards will be slushy and the fist set of biked that were delivered after the lauch were those that were in the yards for a month or so. Absolutely no rusting in many of the bikes that i saw before my purchase.

Verdict: After a long long time, a bike has not just taken the FZ head on, but has also beat it hands down. It does everything that is expected of a bike of this segment better than the others and also has a bit more. Suzuki's got a winner in their hands and it reflects in their increasing numbers. Now its time for their A.S.S to catchup and show they mean business.

Here are some snaps
The GSXS
The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-gsxs.jpg

My Gixxer(Mini GSXR) in white :-)
The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-gixxer1.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-gixxer2.jpg

My Favourite Pic
The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-gixxer3.jpg

Last edited by swami.n : 11th March 2015 at 14:59.
swami.n is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 16:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Hi Guys,

Bought my White Gixxer on 1st Feb and have done close to 3000kms till date. I was having a 5yr old TVS Flame and it was in perfect condition and had no idea of changing it as it was only an alternate bike to my TB.
Hi Swami,

I purchased my bike on November 2014. It is used only for office commute. Further, due to winters, I used car instead mostly. My running is 1200 KM.

Crisp review and you are on spot with the observations.

Adding a few observations.

Best feature: Suspension tuneup is arguably the best in class. The ride is plush and still there is reasonable feedback from the road. This ride quality should have had made it a good poor man's (read run of the mill IT engineers like me) tourer. Alas!

Bike is very very flickable while navigating city traffic and is a big relief after loong ownership of Pulsars.

Second Best Feature: For some, this could be the best feature. The instrument console is better than anyone that I have ever seen. Suzuki apparently decided to pamper it's riders who otherwise, wouldn't had complained much. This is an all digital console with a plethora of information and controls. Customizable Rev Limiter, gear indicator, service indicator, two trip-meters and what not else. This is from a class above and maybe more.

Weakness: In general, bike is very stable. But, it doesn't like wind. I guess it is due to big gap near the engine bore. Anyone planning weekend trips to Alibaug, buy the upcoming faired one. That'll fix the only flaw with this bike.

Last edited by atnyia : 14th March 2015 at 16:53. Reason: spelling error
atnyia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 14:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hi Swami,

I purchased my bike on November 2014. It is used only for office commute. Further, due to winters, I used car instead mostly. My running is 1200 KM.

Crisp review and you are on spot with the observations.

Adding a few observations.

Best feature: Suspension tuneup is arguably the best in class. The ride is plush and still there is reasonable feedback from the road. This ride quality should have had made it a good poor man's (read run of the mill IT engineers like me) tourer. Alas!

Bike is very very flickable while navigating city traffic and is a big relief after loong ownership of Pulsars.

Second Best Feature: For some, this could be the best feature. The instrument console is better than anyone that I have ever seen. Suzuki apparently decided to pamper it's riders who otherwise, wouldn't had complained much. This is an all digital console with a plethora of information and controls. Customizable Rev Limiter, gear indicator, service indicator, two trip-meters and what not else. This is from a class above and maybe more.

Weakness: In general, bike is very stable. But, it doesn't like wind. I guess it is due to big gap near the engine bore. Anyone planning weekend trips to Alibaug, buy the upcoming faired one. That'll fix the only flaw with this bike.
Good points there atnyia. I missed to mention the suspension part. Initially the 7-step adjustable monoshock came with a setting of 3 and I found the ride to be a bit stiff in some bad roads. I moved it one step towards the softer side(ie to setting 2) and there was a remarkable difference. I'm now able to carry slightly more speed over the not so good patches of the road without any compromise on the plush feeling.

And for the wind wading issue, I think the upcoming Gixxer XF would be the solution. If the full faring comes as an accessory to existing naked ones and at a price of 5-7k, I'm game for fitting it as soon as its available

That would unleash the devil in the gixxer..
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 10:59   #43
BHPian

Here's an update:

The bike has covered more than 5,000 km.

1. Despite having serviced the bike twice, the mileage has not improved, the bike now returns an average of around 40km/l (despite maintaining 60 - 70 km/hr for the most part the ride). NS returns around 38 km/l consistently.

2. Gear shift feel has not improved even at a marginal level and it is still very hard. If the same continues, I might have to start replacing my footwear more often.

3. There seems to be some rust on the frame under the seat and on front disk rotors (common phenomenon)

Coming to the positive aspects:

1. Ride is plush and suspension takes care of potholes effortlessly.
2. Performance is good and exhaust sounds sweet at higher RPMs.
3. Refined engine, no vibration even at higher RPMs.
4. Better riding position.

Last edited by katchkamalesh : 7th June 2015 at 11:02. Reason: add content
Old 8th June 2015, 15:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
Here's an update:

The bike has covered more than 5,000 km.

1. Despite having serviced the bike twice, the mileage has not improved, the bike now returns an average of around 40km/l (despite maintaining 60 - 70 km/hr for the most part the ride). NS returns around 38 km/l consistently.

2. Gear shift feel has not improved even at a marginal level and it is still very hard. If the same continues, I might have to start replacing my footwear more often.

3. There seems to be some rust on the frame under the seat and on front disk rotors (common phenomenon)

Coming to the positive aspects:

1. Ride is plush and suspension takes care of potholes effortlessly.
2. Performance is good and exhaust sounds sweet at higher RPMs.
3. Refined engine, no vibration even at higher RPMs.
4. Better riding position.
Hi Kamalesh, Congrats on the Gixxer. Mine too has completed the 5K mark.
Regarding the mileage issue, Just take it to a reputed local mechanic who knows to tune a carburetor. Mine was hovering around 40 for a couple of weeks and after the tune up, it now maintains 45+ in normal driving. If driven cool, mine returns 50+. But its very tough to drive sedately:-)

I never faced the hard gearshift problem except when at one point the clutch play was unusual. Once the clutch cable tension was corrected, its butter smooth.Check the tension of your clutch cable and try to move to synthetic oil post 7000kms.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2015, 14:18   #45
BHPian

Guys, why is there no ownership reports for either the Gixxer 155 or the Gixxer SF? Those who have bought either of these, kindly put up a ownership report, it'll help potential buyers (like me ) to take a decision.

Thanks,
Funny

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks