Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 12:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

Suzuki Gixxer 150CC (yes you read it correctly, it is 150CC) is spotted in India by an XBHP-ian. Here is the pic:

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-img_1627.jpg

Apparently, Suzuki is not happy with the numbers GSR150 is making, & thus, is planning to introduce the halo nameplate - Gixxer, in executive bikes category. I hope this bike justifies the nameplate with a cracker of performance & handling.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2016 at 15:27. Reason: Adding source link & better pic. Please always include a direct & clickable source link when sharing news. Thanks.
CARDEEP is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 12:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

Love that exhaust design.
The front end (tank & surrounding) resembles to the Pulsar 200NS a lot.

Motorbiking is at an all time high in India, lets hope for more Gixxers in near future.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th January 2014 at 14:39. Reason: As requested
parrys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 14:34   #3
BHPian

Definitely looks much better than the current GS150R, the front taking design cues from the current NS (as already pointed out by parrys). But then, even the current GS150R's tank resembles the current gen Pulsar (150/180) twins.

However I have my doubts on the nomenclature being GSX-R. That's the name given to the faired series of bikes from Suzuki. The naked ones are GS series.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 16:36   #4
BHPian

Can never be called a "Gixer" at 150CC. But, the bike surely looks nice. I do hope it is lighter than the current GS150R which stands at a heavy 150KG.

Re: GS150R, a nice "Pearl Blue" color is removed in an "update" and they say it doesn't sell well. I'm not saying the lack of color options is the reason for failure of the GS150R bike, but you know what I mean.
hellmet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 17:24   #5
BHPian

I loved that exhaust!
The rear tire looks wider and is it me or is the bike really looking shorter than the GS150R?

Other thing is an exposed drive chain and no rear disc.. Or will they keep the rear disc as an option?
Looking at the posture of the rider, it is aimed at the commuter segment I reckon.(?) so the word "Gixxer" which oozes power and character doesn't quite go with the bike actually.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 21:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Exhaust is the Pièce de résistance of the bike !

Looks like its from an exotic italian literbike. However the drum brake & skinny tire right next to it brings you back to reality : (

I wouldn't have any high hopes as far as power the engine. This segment is all about style with adequate performance

Last edited by Mpower : 25th January 2014 at 18:52.
Mpower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 22:37   #7
BHPian

Sexy rear.. exhausts and fairing makes it droolworthy!!

My wishlist - Good rubber, rear disc, fatter front forks similar to Yamaha FZ family, and a half faired version with GSX type headlamps!! Those would make other companies sweat a bit!
Old 25th January 2014, 01:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

My god ! This one looks so similar to Fz. If you look at the bike in bits and pieces, the elements are so similar to Fz. Is this for real ?

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2014 at 13:27. Reason: Typo
Old 27th January 2014, 12:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki have unveiled the Gixxer 150 & 110CC Scooter Let's at a function Mimbai today. More details as per IAB report here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/s...-gixxer-114357

The Gixxer 150 has got carburettor-fed engine (not FI unit), having drum brakes at the rear & is built on a light & stiff frame for “exceptional riding performance” & "best fuel economy in class".
IMO they were better off in launching a commuter bike rather than a sporty bike to ruin the "Gixxer" brand.

The Let's 110 has got a 112.8CC engine that delivers 8.7bhp@7,500 rpm & 9Nm torque @ 5,500 rpm. It is rated for 63 kmpl as per the company.
Pic of the scooter:
The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzukiletsredshadeofficialimage1024x923.jpg

Last edited by CARDEEP : 27th January 2014 at 12:31.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 12:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wow the Gixxer150 looks great! Being from Suzuki, I hope it comes with great quality as well.

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzukigixxerofficialimage.jpg
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 12:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The Let's 110 has got a 112.8CC engine that delivers 8.7bhp@7,500 rpm & 9Nm torque @ 5,500 rpm. It is rated for 63 kmpl as per the company.
Thanks for this info Cardeep. The specs are as good if not beter than the bigger stablemate, the Suzuki Access 125. So will they coexist or will the Access give way to this new one?

I am currently looking for a scooter for my 16 year old son for his college classes, tuition, etc. and after going through many reviews on the internet and here have narrowed the choice down to Honda Activa, Suzuki Access, and TVS Jupiter. He is 6' 2" tall and still growing and weighs 80+ kilos - basically a big guy and will get bigger for at least another 2 years (till he's 18).
Old 27th January 2014, 13:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

@ebonho

You got a Storme for yourself & a run-a-mill commuter scooter for your son. I would suggest a Vespa 125 with disc brakes for him.

In case you do not prefer Vespa, I would suggest go for Aviator or some other scooter which has got disc brakes. You never know he would be (drag) racing with mates on bylanes, & that is where the disc brakes would come handy.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 13:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

ebonho: Can't you wait for 2 more years so that your son is 18 yrs old? Below 18yrs are allowed to ride bikes below 80cc (IIRC). If he looks big, then perhaps no problem from cops, but still I feel younger children should not be riding bikes/scooters. I have dodged numerous suicidal children on Activas riding with no concern for their safety, and cursed their parents too many times for handing over the keys in young age. I can be wrong, but perhaps little bit of waiting for improving maturity won't hurt.

BTW I am not judging your son, just stating out my thoughts generally.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 13:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
@ebonho

You got a Storme for yourself & a run-a-mill commuter scooter for your son. I would suggest a Vespa 125 with disc brakes for him.

In case you do not prefer Vespa, I would suggest go for Aviator or some other scooter which has got disc brakes. You never know he would be (drag) racing with mates on bylanes, & that is where the disc brakes would come handy.
He does not like how the Vespa looks (it is a little "petite") and for his size he needs a man's scooter. The Vespa for all its tech and performance is also pretty thirsty and is stupidly pricey (man I would put in another 10K and buy him a NS200).

I prefer to play safe cause knowing him in the end I know its me who's going to be running around to get the bike fixed and serviced etc. And I really do not see too many Aviators on the road.

Jupiter is the biggest boy in the class and I have heard good things about TVS in the scooter segment. But too new in the market to get any reasonable feedback (I don't like how the earlier Wego looks).

Suzuki has the most powerful engine but for its telescopic suspension a surprisingly harsh ride, starting issues, rear brake issues, and some handling/stability issues? Also does not age very well.

Activa is the market leader for a reason. Great refined engine and good build, ages well, great resale. But the front suspension is a put off, plus there is no novelty value.

This new Suzuki looks good.

Which scooters would you ask me to look at and concentrate on?
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 13:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
ebonho: Can't you wait for 2 more years so that your son is 18 yrs old? Below 18yrs are allowed to ride bikes below 80cc (IIRC). If he looks big, then perhaps no problem from cops, but still I feel younger children should not be riding bikes/scooters. I have dodged numerous suicidal children on Activas riding with no concern for their safety, and cursed their parents too many times for handing over the keys in young age. I can be wrong, but perhaps little bit of waiting for improving maturity won't hurt.

BTW I am not judging your son, just stating out my thoughts generally.
No issues bro. Thanks for sharing.

I did not know about the under 80 cc rule. His school allows +2 kids to come to school on scooter, and its a very reputed Jesuit school, so am sure they would not do anthing illegal. Most kids in his class have a scooter. He is a good kid - never asked me for one. But his mom was telling me.

I though 16 to 18 you are allowed by law to ride an ungeared bike. Did not know there was a cubic capacity cap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks