Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing

Ordered a floor mat for the Hero Maestro. Seems like it is local made but desperately need it since the floor gets dirty and there can be chances of it cracking since it is made of plastic. Link for the foot mat here :-
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Speedwav-Scoo...item2a425f27c6
Old 5th December 2014, 14:17   #32
BHPian

Got the floor mat from eBay. It is of good quality and hopefully will last the distance.
Here are some pics (sorry for the bad quality) :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-photo-dec-05-1-53-30-pm.jpg
Old 7th December 2014, 13:43   #33
BHPian

Fitted a seat cover and rubber handle for the Maestro. I got the seat cover for Rs 160 and handle grips for Rs 60. Total of all accessories was Rs 220. I installed these accesorries from a local shop because eBay was selling a seat cover for Rs 300 which was expensive compared to the price I paid.
Here are some pictures :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-seat-cover.jpg
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-handle-grips.jpg
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:59   #34
BHPian

Completed 800 kms on the odo. Recently, I was near my building gate waiting for the watchman to open it. The watchman takes about 2-3 mins to come to the gate so I switched off the engine. As he came, I tried starting the engine without any accelerator input using electric start. As I pressed the start button, there was a pop or the misfiring kind of sound from the sound. This scared me to death, and afterwards the scooter started without any issues. I did not expect misfiring from the scooter at hardly 800 kms. Any idea what was the reason of this?
Old 20th January 2015, 18:14   #35
BHPian

Completed 1200 kms on the odometer. Scooter is running fine. The mileage has dropped to 25 kmpl which is bad. The reason for this could be the Engine Flush or some additives added by the Hero ASC. I have to service it at the end of February and will fix these issues. Did a top speed run recently. It touched 85 km/h which is pretty good with a heavy rider like me. Will update about the scooter after some time.
Old 20th January 2015, 20:22   #36
BHPian

Made a video review on the Hero Maestro :-
carfreak7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 12:57   #37
BHPian

The scooter completed 1450 kms. Gave it for an early service since mileage had dropped to 20 kmpl by now and also there were some issues with throttle operation and the brake levers being too lose. The service consisted of topping up the engine oil, foam wash, polish and other usual services. The bill amount was estimated to be Rs 700 but it was just Rs 310. I am really happy with Hero service because it is nearby and they delivered the scooter before time. I dropped it at 8am and got it at 12pm. They were going to deliver it at 3pm. Here is the tax invoice :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-2nd-service-invoice.jpg
Old 16th February 2015, 00:19   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak7 View Post
Ordered a floor mat for the Hero Maestro.
Thanks for the link. The rubber mats that came with my scooter has been stolen somehow. Will need to order a new one now. Except for the brand sticker - the one you have got looks similar to the OE accessory mat.

Will most probably order one.
Quote:
It touched 85 km/h which is pretty good with a heavy rider like me.
85 is the max I could touch as well. Anything more can only be achieved downhill.

Meanwhile, my scooter completed 10k kms today. Smooth performer till now.

Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-img_2807.jpg

PS - Your's seem to be the only active Maestro thread on team-bhp.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 16:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Completed 1200 kms on the odometer. Scooter is running fine. The mileage has dropped to 25 kmpl which is bad. The reason for this could be the Engine Flush or some additives added by the Hero ASC. I have to service it at the end of February and will fix these issues. Did a top speed run recently. It touched 85 km/h which is pretty good with a heavy rider like me. Will update about the scooter after some time.
Glad to know your scooter is running good. But 25 kpl seems absurdly low for such a new scooter. Might as well drive a fuel efficient 4 wheeler instead.

Are you sure you aren't riding it too harshly? As someone in my thread mentioned to ride new Hero bikes very sanely even until 5000 kms to maintain a healthy engine life.
Maybe someone might have tampered with the carb settings. Do get it checked.

I am also riding the X Pro with the same 110cc engine as the Maestro. Your scooter being an automatic should not have a difference of 10 - 12 kpl lesser than its motorbike counter part. My bike which is almost as old as yours returns a 65 - 68 kpl average in ideal riding conditions. So yours should ideally give a 50 - 55.

I will strongly recommend against any engine additives as it will reduce the engine life. And ride between 30 and 50 kph to extract the max efficiency out of your scoot.

As I also service my bike at Fortpoint who are decent - I would also advice against any fancy recommendations that they suggest apart from the regular oil change and wash that they do. Do so only if you absolutely find the need to do so or find something terribly wrong. Half the stuff they say isn't even required on a new bike. Hope you resolve your FE issue early.
Old 16th February 2015, 17:08   #40
BHPian

My wife too owns a Maestro (1.5 yrs old now) and I too use it many times for small errands around town. I have a Unicorn Dazzler as well and I prefer the Maestro for small trips to grocery stores/veggie stores etc due to the storage it offers. Its got a good pickup even with two heavily built adults (read: me n wife) and easily cruises at 60kmph though I don't take it to that speeds due to the brakes. The brakes are the only sore point on the scooty since, as you rightly pointed out, cause the scooty to wobble when applied with greater than usual force. Even the suspension setup is fairly complaint with two adults on board.

We chose it over the Activa primarily due to 1 month waiting quoted by Honda dealer and his 'I don't care' attitude. The Hero salesman OTOH was quite courteous and stuck to his timelines. We also looked at the pleasure but found the seat too narrow for our tastes and bulid.

Did u install any aftermarket headlamps as mentioned in one of your previous posts? Me too looking at one, just for sake of aesthetics.

Last edited by racer_ash : 16th February 2015 at 17:15. Reason: added age
Old 16th February 2015, 18:16   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thanks for the link. The rubber mats that came with my scooter has been stolen somehow. Will need to order a new one now. Except for the brand sticker - the one you have got looks similar to the OE accessory mat.

Will most probably order one.

85 is the max I could touch as well. Anything more can only be achieved downhill.

Meanwhile, my scooter completed 10k kms today. Smooth performer till now.

PS - Your's seem to be the only active Maestro thread on team-bhp.
The mats I ordered are of good quality and haven't shown signs of damage even after rough use. Thanks for the compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Glad to know your scooter is running good. But 25 kpl seems absurdly low for such a new scooter. Might as well drive a fuel efficient 4 wheeler instead.

Are you sure you aren't riding it too harshly? As someone in my thread mentioned to ride new Hero bikes very sanely even until 5000 kms to maintain a healthy engine life.
Maybe someone might have tampered with the carb settings. Do get it checked.

I am also riding the X Pro with the same 110cc engine as the Maestro. Your scooter being an automatic should not have a difference of 10 - 12 kpl lesser than its motorbike counter part. My bike which is almost as old as yours returns a 65 - 68 kpl average in ideal riding conditions. So yours should ideally give a 50 - 55.

I will strongly recommend against any engine additives as it will reduce the engine life. And ride between 30 and 50 kph to extract the max efficiency out of your scoot.

As I also service my bike at Fortpoint who are decent - I would also advice against any fancy recommendations that they suggest apart from the regular oil change and wash that they do. Do so only if you absolutely find the need to do so or find something terribly wrong. Half the stuff they say isn't even required on a new bike. Hope you resolve your FE issue early.
The salesman told us an average of 40 kmpl but I was getting 25 kmpl. Now, the mileage seems to have improved to 30 - 35kmpl or so. It does 40 - 50 speeds usually but even if I ride it faster I shouldn't get such bad mileage. At the second service, I told him not to do any fancy stuff and just improve the mileage and top up engine oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
My wife too owns a Maestro (1.5 yrs old now) and I too use it many times for small errands around town. I have a Unicorn Dazzler as well and I prefer the Maestro for small trips to grocery stores/veggie stores etc due to the storage it offers. Its got a good pickup even with two heavily built adults (read: me n wife) and easily cruises at 60kmph though I don't take it to that speeds due to the brakes. The brakes are the only sore point on the scooty since, as you rightly pointed out, cause the scooty to wobble when applied with greater than usual force. Even the suspension setup is fairly complaint with two adults on board.

We chose it over the Activa primarily due to 1 month waiting quoted by Honda dealer and his 'I don't care' attitude. The Hero salesman OTOH was quite courteous and stuck to his timelines. We also looked at the pleasure but found the seat too narrow for our tastes and bulid.

Did u install any aftermarket headlamps as mentioned in one of your previous posts? Me too looking at one, just for sake of aesthetics.
I chose the Maestro over Activa due to good service and more features. Didn't install any aftermarket bulb due to the fear of voiding the warranty. Today, I faced an issue where the scooter started with the kick starter. It started but then shut off automatically. Then, it refused to start with the electric starter and the kick starter became motionless. I opened the fuel cap, left it for 2 minutes and then the scooter started as if nothing happened. Any idea why?

Last edited by carfreak7 : 16th February 2015 at 18:17.
Old 26th March 2015, 22:24   #42
BHPian

The scooter currently has done 2015 kms. The issue of shutting down and not starting has been solved on its own. Scooter is running well but I feel that the engine is a bit rough. I wanted to change to synthetic oil but I fear voiding the 5 year warranty. I am planning to install aftermarket bulbs. Will it void my warranty?

Here's a snapshot of the current odo reading :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-image1.jpg
Old 23rd May 2015, 20:26   #43
BHPian

Sorry for not updating this thread since was busy with work. Completed the 3rd free service of the scooter. Just did an engine oil change and routine service. The sales advisor was trying to loot me with teflon coating and accessories but I flatly refused. The service costs were a reasonable Rs 310. The scooter is running well and will touch about 2500 kms. It is giving me a fuel economy of 33 kmpl/ltr. The mats I have bought have started deteriorating from the sides but will change them only after some months. Here is the screenshot of the 3rd service tax invoice :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-3rd-service.jpg
Old 25th May 2015, 17:25   #44
BHPian

Here is the photo of the odometer at 2500 kms. 2500kms in 7 months results in monthly running of approximately 350kms which is pretty low.
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-image1.jpg
Old 25th June 2015, 22:35   #45
BHPian

I really appreciate the way you are updating this thread sir. Such dedication helps the fellow readers to get first hand information from the end user and keeping the legacy of this site alive.

The mileage should increase over a period of time after the engine has properly run-in. The maestro owned by my friend constantly gives around 40

Regarding the synthetic oil, I don't think it should void the warranty, although confirming the same from the dealer would be a better idea .

Keep updating this thread sir, will be following this thread for updates.

Cheers !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks