Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2015, 12:42   #46
BHPian

Re: Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
I really appreciate the way you are updating this thread sir. Such dedication helps the fellow readers to get first hand information from the end user and keeping the legacy of this site alive.

The mileage should increase over a period of time after the engine has properly run-in. The maestro owned by my friend constantly gives around 40

Regarding the synthetic oil, I don't think it should void the warranty, although confirming the same from the dealer would be a better idea .

Keep updating this thread sir, will be following this thread for updates.

Cheers !!
Thanks for the compliment sir! Currently I am getting a mileage of 33 kmpl which is satisfactory. Synthetic oil is not available with the service centre so will go for the regular engine oil. Current ODO reading is about 2800 kms.

Running has lessened due to monsoon season. I avoid using the scooter in monsoon thanks to it's puny tyres. Brakes are good but tyres are not exactl
Keep updating this thread sir, will be following this thread for updates.

I am using an app on my Note 4 which tracks my fuel usage and helps me keep a record of fuel fillings and also provides the average the scooter gives. The app's name is Fuel Manager and it is a really very useful app. No need to maintain Excel sheets.

Here is a screenshot of the app :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-fuel-manager-app.png

P.S :- I am no sir
carfreak7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 18:42   #47
BHPian

Fitted a new seat cover on my Maestro. The seat cover is of mesh type and I really liked it. It makes the seat much more comfortable.

Cost me Rs 300. I got it fitted from the Hero ASC. Could have got it fitted from outside at a cheaper price but the accesory shops are far away from my location and Hero ASC is pretty near to my location.

Such accesories make your scooter look like new
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-1436965526023.jpg  

Old 21st July 2015, 17:31   #48
BHPian

Completed 3006kms on the odometer. The 'service due' light popped up and I decided to reset it because it was irritating due to its constant blinking and there is still time for my scooter service.

Here's how you can reset your service due light on your Maestro (could work for Passion Pro and Glamour too)

1. Turn your key to 'OFF' position

2. Press the 'RESET' button near the odometer. Keep it pressed until next step.

3. While pressing 'RESET' button, turn key to 'ON' position and keep the 'RESET' button pressed for 5 seconds!

The service light will be gone now and will appear in the next 3000kms.

Source :- http://www.crankdrive.com/garage/do-...-due-indicator

Here's a shot of the current odo reading :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-3000-service-odo.jpg
Old 21st July 2015, 17:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak7 View Post
Fitted a new seat cover on my Maestro. The seat cover is of mesh type and I really liked it. It makes the seat much more comfortable.
My brother's bike has this mesh seat cover. Such a big improvement!

So much air flow and so much comfort!

Quote:
The 'service due' light popped up and I decided to reset it because it was irritating due to its constant blinking and there is still time for my scooter service.
Thank you for that little tip! I got my friend to give her bike for service to a mechanic I know. Only grouse I have is that he did not know how to reset the "Service Due" indicator. Luckily, there are other nitpickers like me around.

Thank you for the tip! I now have something to impress her with!

As for your FE, my friend gets ~40kmpl. This has gone up to 42kmpl depending on riding style and kind of fuel.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 21st July 2015 at 17:51.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
My brother's bike has this mesh seat cover. Such a big improvement!

So much air flow and so much comfort!

Thank you for that little tip! I got my friend to give her bike for service to a mechanic I know. Only grouse I have is that he did not know how to reset the "Service Due" indicator. Luckily, there are other nitpickers like me around.

Thank you for the tip! I now have something to impress her with!

As for your FE, my friend gets ~40kmpl. This has gone up to 42kmpl depending on riding style and kind of fuel.
Thank you for the compliments! The seat cover is water proof too as I experienced in the rains. Only grouse is that small leaves and bits get stuck in the seat cover and it is a pain to clean it.

Resetting the service indicator is child's play and is pretty easy. It was pretty distracting to me and thus I had to reset it for my satisfaction

I m getting 34 kmpl currently which is satisfactory but not so good. I haven't done a tankful to tankful method yet because I never let the scooter run upto reserve level. Will try tankful to tankful method this time and get the exact FE.
Old 26th July 2015, 20:56   #51
BHPian

Checked engine oil level and health today. Was expecting dark brown engine oil but was surprised by golden brown engine oil. Also, the level of engine oil is adequate.

Can anybody tell me whether Hero 4T Oil Grade 10W30 is Mineral or Semi Synthetic?

4th free service is due on 16th August 2015.

P.S :- Scooter mileage has increased to 36 kmpl
Old 27th July 2015, 07:33   #52
knp
BHPian

@carfreeak, Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I too own Maestro and I feel like using more after reading your love for this scooter. The reset service indicator is very useful!!
knp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 20:39   #53
BHPian

Guys can anyone tell me how can I remove stickers and it's residue from my Maestro? I had pasted a sticker on it but unfortunately due to rains the sticker deteriorated. Can I use WD-40 to remove the sticker? I don't want to damage the paint and want to remove it as neatly as possible.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:18   #54
BHPian

Ordered new floor mat for the scooter since the old mats had deteriorated very badly and were spoiling the look of the scooter.

Thus, searched the internet for floor mats and found a floor mat for Rs 105 on PayTM. Original price was Rs 150 but due to coupon code got it for Rs 105!

Link :- https://paytm.com/shop/p/rmco-footma...O33198A228D919

I thought, why not try the product. Even if it lasts for 3-4 months, it is money's worth. And, I can always go to the Hero ASC for getting the original floor mat.

The one which I had earlier :- https://paytm.com/shop/p/speedwav-sc...72_RAYNT_UCRTA

Also, removed the deteriorated stickers using WD-40. It took me about half an hour to remove all of them neatly but in the end results were very satisfying with the scooter looking new.

Here is the picture of the scooter after 3100 kms and 10 months!
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-20150803_104507compressed.jpg
Old 11th August 2015, 21:29   #55
BHPian

Recieved the floor mats from PayTM yesterday. The floor mats are worth the money I paid. They are made of a mix of rubber and plastic which is durable compared to just rubber as I had earlier on my Maestro. The material is similar to the floor mats for cars.

Link :- https://paytm.com/shop/p/rmco-footma...O33198A228D919

The above option is a better and VFM product than the other mats. The scooter is due for service on this Sunday. According to the manual, Drive oil has to be changed and also Engine Oil needs to be topped up although it is not needed as I checked using the oil dipstick. Planning to change the air filter too as I heard it improves mileage.

Will update the thread after 4th service.
Old 23rd August 2015, 13:50   #56
BHPian

Finally got the scooter serviced today. As usual dropped it at 9am and got it back by 12.30 pm. Things changed were engine oil, final drive oil & air cleaner.

I asked the service advisor whether they have synthetic oil or not and he said that they have a '4-T Special Oil'. Decided to give it a try even though it was a bit expensive. Regular Oil is for about Rs 270 while Special Oil is for Rs 360. Couldn't get any details about the composition of the 'Special Oil' though.

As usual the service advisor was asking me to do coating, engine flush and carbon cleaning. I do not believe in such things and also they inflate the bill to a certain extent (refer to my first service bill)

Also, changed the air cleaner for better drivability and mileage. Thus, this increased the total amount to Rs 646.

Here are the pictures of the invoice :-
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-4th-service-bill-1.jpg
Hero Maestro - Such a boy thing-4th-service-bill-2.jpg
Old 23rd August 2015, 17:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Guys can anyone tell me how can I remove stickers and it's residue from my Maestro? I had pasted a sticker on it but unfortunately due to rains the sticker deteriorated. Can I use WD-40 to remove the sticker? I don't want to damage the paint and want to remove it as neatly as possible.
For removing the sticker, try the following. Worked on my car very well.

1. Park it under the sun for a good time. Maybe use a hairdryer to heat the sticker area.
2. Slowly start by peeling off one edge of the sticker. Do this by nails or an object covered with cloth. Do not use sharp objects.
3. Don't pull the sticker out. Peel it off by removing and stretching in the opposite direction. Best is to peel from the top and bring downwards.
4. Rub the residue with diesel. It worked for me.

A bill for Rs. 646 is justified. My Activa had a much higher bill for the first year service. What is the mileage you are getting?

Not boasting, but my Activa HET gives a whopping 55-60 kmpl (58 kmpl mostly).
vin11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 10:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
For removing the sticker, try the following. Worked on my car very well.

1. Park it under the sun for a good time. Maybe use a hairdryer to heat the sticker area.
2. Slowly start by peeling off one edge of the sticker. Do this by nails or an object covered with cloth. Do not use sharp objects.
3. Don't pull the sticker out. Peel it off by removing and stretching in the opposite direction. Best is to peel from the top and bring downwards.
4. Rub the residue with diesel. It worked for me.

A bill for Rs. 646 is justified. My Activa had a much higher bill for the first year service. What is the mileage you are getting?

Not boasting, but my Activa HET gives a whopping 55-60 kmpl (58 kmpl mostly).
Thanks for the suggestions vin11. I have already removed the stickers using WD-40. Took some time but the end results were worth it. Since I have 6 free services, service costs are lower. After free services are over, bills will be between Rs 700-1000 due to service charge.

I am getting a maximum mileage of 40kmpl. But, since I have changed engine oil and air cleaner, hoping for an increase of FE. Activa HET gets really good mileage and many of my friends are happy with it's mileage. But, they still like my Maestro more
Old 24th August 2015, 11:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the picture of the scooter after 3100 kms and 10 months!
Two queries regarding the pic you posted:
1) Is the main stand protruding out so much?
2) Is the kick lever unfoldable?

BTW the like the meshed seat cover, planning to get one for my Activa. The issue is a stupid cat seems to have developed a strong liking for my Activa and makes it a point to use the seat for its nocturnal sleep. No amounts of shooing has made any difference. So thought of changing the seat cover since the existing one has lots (i mean lots) of scratch marks.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 12:53   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Two queries regarding the pic you posted:
1) Is the main stand protruding out so much?
2) Is the kick lever unfoldable?

BTW the like the meshed seat cover, planning to get one for my Activa. The issue is a stupid cat seems to have developed a strong liking for my Activa and makes it a point to use the seat for its nocturnal sleep. No amounts of shooing has made any difference. So thought of changing the seat cover since the existing one has lots (i mean lots) of scratch marks.
1. The main stand protrudes this much as it helps while lifting the scooter (while moving it to the main stand) by pressing the protruding part. Earlier one had to lift the body which required more effort.

2. Kick level is foldable.

Same problem with my Activa. A cat had made scratch (like digging) marks on the seat cover. I have added a new one and cover it with the old damaged one when the scooter is parked. Ways to fool a cat!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks