Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2006, 11:36   #31
BHPian

hey this thread is to discuss abt the new cbz and not for cbz lovers and haters . personal opinions differ and we must get on the topic and discuss abt the new cbzxtreme ....
Old 1st October 2006, 16:51   #32
BHPian

hi.. im harsha n im new to bhp. i bought my CBZ in 2k (the one without CAT) and i'm still driving it. i've done more than 50k kms. let me tell you, i've dragged a lots of times with 150 pulsars and apaches and not once could they beat me. i do agree with its braking that it isn't the best in its class and its FE too. but it's a nice bike and still i love it. i hope HH does something new like it did with CBZ and bring in a vehicle with atleast 250cc.
Old 1st October 2006, 19:35   #33
BANNED

CBZ: Good bike. Really shook up the market when it was introduced. I still think it's a good bike and handles really well.

929 RON: Not quite sure what you're trying to say. You can't compare a 150 with an SBK. And compared to any 150, CBZ still holds its ground despite being older.

I understand you have access to better bikes and opportunities abroad, but you're not the only one. There are lots of us here who have gone abroad to study/work etc. We have also owned and driven/ridden SBKs and cars. But that doesn't entitle anyone to feel superior and start bashing the Indian scene.
Old 2nd October 2006, 15:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

@929RON :-

Dude we all are here to dicuss some points or views about new CBZ i dont understand why you want to compare bikes in us with the indian bikes, i know that you have ridden some superbikes so you dont like small bikes but we all are here in India and we all want to talk about what we can ride here so please stick to the thread if you want to say CBZ is a bad bike that's ok but compare it with p150 and apache (and give the reasons)not with your expectation.
Old 2nd October 2006, 22:32   #35
BHPian

photos? are any of them available
Old 8th October 2006, 01:02   #36
BHPian

Don't mean to offend CBZ lovers. It was one hell of a bike in terms of looks and performance. But somehow, I went for the Fiero Classic back in 2000.

The CBZ might out do the P150s and Apaches but not the Fiero classic. I have dragged several times and also had roll ons, no other 150cc 4S bike in India beats the Fiero classic. P150s are peanuts, the Fiero classic gives BAL a run for their money even when riding with pillion. And it's not surprising to see a cult following for the Fiero classic. It is still the most preffered bike for Motocrosses. Probably "Fieroid" can vouch for what I'm saying. He's the dude who's modded his Fiero classic with a 300cc V-twin!

PS: I don't not wish to indulge in "my bike's better than yours" type of arguments.
Old 9th October 2006, 13:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Launched!

Its just been launched. Saw it on Zee Business. From the short glimpse I had, it looks like a Karizma sans its fairing. Need to have a better look though.
Ohh..and its a 150. So it could be with the Achiever/Unicorn engine.

Last edited by sajo : 9th October 2006 at 13:43.
Old 9th October 2006, 13:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

the site still says"Coming soon".
Old 9th October 2006, 16:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, I am disappointed with the styling of this one. Looks like they modelled the old CBZ out of wax, and then left it out in the sun. Will reserve final judgement on seeing better pics and the bike in person.
Old 9th October 2006, 16:46   #40

the new CBZ specs

The new cbz retains the Unicorn's 150cc engine with said 14.9BHPs !
looks are love it or hate it kinds . . .
The front is annoying with a big pilot lamp above the main headlamp. Indicators r stuck on to the front fairing in the worst possible manner. Integrated indicators with the LED tail light looks similar la Yamaha Fazer/Gladiator style.

The speedo console is roundish and holds d usual tell-tale lights wit a tacho. This bike has ruined all the credibility that Hero Honda ever built with its big mama d CBZ. i will never call it d CBZ. il keep callin it xtreme or suxtreme . . .

Last edited by Aditya : 9th October 2006 at 21:03.
Old 9th October 2006, 16:51   #41
BHPian

nice. but not appealing.....
Old 9th October 2006, 16:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Okies.. here are the pics and their source

@speedy : CBZ Suxtreme is a nice term!

Last edited by sajo : 9th October 2006 at 17:03.
Old 9th October 2006, 17:07   #43
BANNED

Oh crap...was hoping HH would raise the bar. This is looking very, very ordinary. Definitely not a "Super CBZ".

Mods please change the thread title accordingly.
Old 9th October 2006, 17:32   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

What a letdown !!!

The new 180 DTSi has a digital speedo and everything..... so does the Krizma but the CBZ extreme doesnt have a digital speedo ??

Lame !!

This is one reason I dont like Hero Honda as a company. They have failedto keep up with the times. Their last good bike (one which was clearly better than the competition) was the CBZ. Ever since then they have stagnated...no new models (all rehashes and updates)......

I guess they cant do anything coz they were so reliant on Honda that they dont have any R&D of their own. And with Honda now in India, I guess their contract has some clauses.

Go Bajaj !! Bajaj at least had a good R&D and today they are definitely the best bike maker in India !!
Old 9th October 2006, 17:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

• The only part radical about this bike is the front indicator placement ...and that too not been done in an appealing way.
  • Side looks a - la- apache except for the the tail lamp portion.
  • Design theme not unique unlike the original CBZ.
  • If priced around 48000 , it will find many takers and may be 53 for a self start version .
        • To sum up , IT simply fails to impress at the first look like it had 5 years back .
        • Would have preferred a better engine.

Last edited by maxbhp : 9th October 2006 at 17:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks