Rishad Cooper tweeted this photo:

https://twitter.com/rishadcooper/sta...00816019070976
sanjaykk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 13:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: BMW G310R-based Adventure motorcycle. EDIT: Unveiled at EICMA 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
BMW G310R-based Adventure motorcycle. EDIT: Unveiled at EICMA 2016-ctrvbj1weae3mbs.jpg

If this is not a photochop job (and a really good one at that), and is indeed what BMW-TVS have in mind.

Shutup and take my money BMW !!

I probably don't even want to wait for KTM now. Look at those wheels, I am sure BMW-TVS will offer the sealing rubber strip (like Triumph does for the XC/Xcx) to allow for TL tyre installation as well.

Looks like my wait for a suitable replacement hasn't gone in vain, looking forward to 2017!!

Last edited by praful : 4th October 2016 at 13:28. Reason: Forgot my grammar in all the excitement
Old 4th October 2016, 13:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post

Looks like my wait for a suitable replacement hasn't gone in vain, looking forward to 2017!!
Wow this looks very mouthwatering. Would you have any further details on the Power and Torque ratio? Somehow feel that the suspension travel might not be as good as Himalayan? A 6 inch travel would be highly appreciated...

PS: Isnt this a photoshop version? No Front Brake Lever?

Last edited by ku69rd : 4th October 2016 at 13:50.
Old 4th October 2016, 14:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow this looks very mouthwatering. Would you have any further details on the Power and Torque ratio? Somehow feel that the suspension travel might not be as good as Himalayan? A 6 inch travel would be highly appreciated...

PS: Isnt this a photoshop version? No Front Brake Lever?
I would imagine the power/torque would be in the same range as the G310 R, albeit a little detuned or geared differently to make more power in the bottom and middle -

34BHP @ 9500RPM
28Nm @ 7500RPM

Suspension travel will need to be seen when we get the actual specs.

And yes, even I suspect this to be a PS job (as mentioned in my previous post) but its a damn good job if its PS. About the lever, its quite possible its not visible due to the hand guards.
Old 4th October 2016, 14:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

This has to be a PS job for sure, as the front headlamp and mud guard unit is not connected to the body at all... which is not the case of the bikes spied a few days ago, and so it would be better to not get hopes too high for the large front wheel and also the adventure-ready spoke wheels...
Old 4th October 2016, 15:17   #21
BHPian

At last the first sighting of the Baby GS! Delicious. All set to shake up the market and finally THE adventure bike we need and deserve. Time Honda brings in their CB500X in with DCT or some. Game on!
Old 4th October 2016, 15:39   #22
BHPian

Apparently its called G-310 GS and will be a dual-purpose bike.
Details here: http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...2898&type=News
Old 4th October 2016, 21:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

RE should be worried for its Himalayan now
Old 5th October 2016, 11:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
RE should be worried for its Himalayan now
Not quite actually, remember they are the early movers in this segment and you need to visit their showrooms to see how quickly they have improvised their Himalayan from the first series.
Also RE has its service network reach quite big which I think the BMW-TVS might find it a bit hard to achieve if the BMW 310 is technically loaded.
Himalayan is a simple machine when compared to BMW considering that BMW is a FI
Old 5th October 2016, 12:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Not quite actually, remember they are the early movers in this segment and you need to visit their showrooms to see how quickly they have improvised their Himalayan from the first series.
Also RE has its service network reach quite big which I think the BMW-TVS might find it a bit hard to achieve if the BMW 310 is technically loaded.
Himalayan is a simple machine when compared to BMW considering that BMW is a FI
I can tell you that i've spotted only a handful of Himalayan's in a city like Pune. Am not sure its really a chart buster. Unless there are severe production constraints so long waiting periods.

I think pricing is the key here for BMW-TVS. And then the timing of the launch - how soon? People have poor perception about RE when it comes to quality while BMW & TVS do not come with this baggage. While they may not have the reach yet, if the product is truly built to do what is it aimed at (like the KTMs are), they have a fair chance of pushing Himalayan back only to RE fans. But i doubt any one is going to pay a BMW kind of premium for this one cause its still a TVS after all.

I've long given up on the KTM Enduro so i hope the BMW one is for real! We don't need too much fancy tech from BMW - just a gold old reliable go-mostly-anywhere motorcycle that won't break the bank.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 5th October 2016 at 12:07.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 12:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Don't know where the edit button disappeared so a new post. Here is what OD says about KTM 390 Adventure.

Quote:
It has been a question that we have answered over and over for the last five years. When is the KTM 390 Adventure coming? We can now tell you that KTM officials exclusively confirmed to OVERDRIVE that the KTM 390 Adventure is coming in 2019. No other specification and detail is known at this time.
Bring it on BMW - seriously!!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 14:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Bring it on BMW - seriously!!
*If* the news about the ADV variant of the G310R is really true and the bike is launched in the coming months. I don't think KTM would sit quiet for the next 2 years without launching something to compete with it.

Of course, this is my wishful thinking
Old 5th October 2016, 15:13   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
*If* the news about the ADV variant of the G310R is really true and the bike is launched in the coming months. I don't think KTM would sit quiet for the next 2 years without launching something to compete with it.

Of course, this is my wishful thinking
I think KTM was caught napping on this one (the mini-adv) - just like how BMW was caught napping when KTM launched the 390 series and blew them away in Europe. With BMW, I think development on both the naked, super-sports (akula), as well as the ADV went on simultaneously.

With KTM, they decided to scrap the earlier chassis completely (no foresight in terms of building an ADV variant on the first 390 chassis), and go ground up with a whole new bike. I don't think they wanted to give much credence to a cheaper low capacity adv purpose bike two years back. If anything, they would have had that crown go to the 500 twin engine, but scant reports emerge that its a still born. So now, there must be a fervent backtrack to build a 390 adv bike.

Knowing KTM however, their adv variant will not be just the same bike with a different set of mudguards (which is what the baby GS looks like when compared to the naked). I am expecting KTM to switch the forks, switch the tank, the seats, tyres, upswept pipe, re-tune the engine substantially (remember - the 390 is far far more revv happy as opposed to what we could expect from the 310).

Plus, I think with them developing two brand new parallel twin engines with the 500 and the 800, resources must have been scant. They've gone absolutely ballistic at Intermot launching 6 different variants of their 1290 Super Adv and the 1090 Adv.

In terms of timelines, I would expect even the baby GS to arrive only in 2018 and not earlier. Right now BWM will look to capitalize completely on the 310 naked first.

We'll know more in EICMA.

Last edited by Red Liner : 5th October 2016 at 15:16.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
My friend recently visited the Hosur plant where he saw and was allowed to sit on the bikes. He told me that were three different models. He's not a well informed biker so he couldn't describe the bikes to me, but I did get the impression that atleast one of the three was an adventure bike, the other three G310R and there third an unknown.
I followed up with the same friend and showed him the photo in post #1 of this thread. He confirmed that that was the bike that he sat on. Interestingly, he mentioned that the other bike that he sat on was super tall and he was standing on tip-toes. It sounds like a proper ADV bike but when I showed my friend the photo that Rishaad Cooper tweeted, he wasn't sure if that was it.

So a pseudo-ADV bike from BMW is definitely coming. But when?
Motard_Blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:42   #30
BHPian

I looked at zauba for the export price of what I believe is for the G-310 GS, which is termed as BMW Endurance Bike and also that of Himalayan. The pricing looks really promising with only 10k being the difference

I really hope BMW prices it aggressively and gets it to Indian Market at the earliest
Attached Thumbnails
BMW G310R-based Adventure motorcycle. EDIT: Unveiled at EICMA 2016-bmw_endurance.jpg  

BMW G310R-based Adventure motorcycle. EDIT: Unveiled at EICMA 2016-royal_himalayan.jpg  

vin_b is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks