Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150

It's a lovely choice of color and the model as well. We also got a Vespa VXL 150 for my mom. I must say its the peppiest scooter I've ridden and I've ridden quite a few ones. I don't know about the mileage but handling, refinement, exhaust note and the outright performance just blow my mind for a variomatic scooter.

I can't get enough of the performance and handling especially considering its a variomatic scooter.

A word of advice, if you are not satisfied with the service center, which will happen most likely, just email the Vespa team. They are very responsive and post that, you will be treated the way you ought to have in the first place.
I had a terrible experience with the service center in Rajkumar Road and did the same. Ever since, my scooter feels like a brand new one and I am a happy guy!

Congrats on your purchase
saishivaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hearty Congratulations. Vespas are in a league of it's own. Loved the color. I bought an SR 150 for my wife two months back and must say the 150cc engine is a hoot to drive. We both wanted a scoot that was powerful enough and the SR150 ticked the right boxes. Initially we thought of buying an Activa or the Jupiter but they were too common. Moreover I was not a big fan of the headlights running on AC. The SR 150 came with DC lighting that too with Independent HI and LO beams which was one of the plus points.
Do keep the thread updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_2829.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 21:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Congrats mate!

1.2 lakhs for a 150cc scooter! i thought vespas were 70-80ish on the road. Quite expensive i would say!

Anyhow if it makes you happy, money is nothing! Have an enjoyable and safe ownership. This particular colour looks so classy.
70-80k !

Activa 125 costs 77K on road, add another 3k for basic accessories.

Scooters sure have become expensive in the last decade, without having added too many features.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Congrats TorqueyTechie on your acquisition. The scooter looks wonderful in the matt red shade.

However, a couple of sore points- It misses out on tacho, projector lamps, LED tail lamps and a charging point. For this price point, i think these features should be expected. I really can not bring myself to call this a VFM product, may be the style quotient makes up for it all.
This is never touted as a VFM model at all. Infact Vespa themselves brand this as a lifestyle product. And anyways as I had already mentioned, if you keep aside the brand name than no one will agree to pay beyond 80-90k for this on road. I would have loved to have projector lamps myself but that was not a deal breaker for me. As I said in the end all the should haves is negated by that big wide smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
A word of advice, if you are not satisfied with the service center, which will happen most likely, just email the Vespa team. They are very responsive and post that, you will be treated the way you ought to have in the first place.
I had a terrible experience with the service center in Rajkumar Road and did the same. Ever since, my scooter feels like a brand new one and I am a happy guy!

Congrats on your purchase
Thanks saishivaj. I will keep this in mind. I have heard bad reviews about rajajinagar dealer and I didnt even bother to visit/call them. Good to know that you have managed to get them to work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hearty Congratulations. Vespas are in a league of it's own. Loved the color. I bought an SR 150 for my wife two months back and must say the 150cc engine is a hoot to drive. We both wanted a scoot that was powerful enough and the SR150 ticked the right boxes. Initially we thought of buying an Activa or the Jupiter but they were too common. Moreover I was not a big fan of the headlights running on AC. The SR 150 came with DC lighting that too with Independent HI and LO beams which was one of the plus points.
Do keep the thread updated.
Thanks Rakesh. You have got a loverly scooter yourself. I was infact keen to buy sr150 myself but in the end I had to yield to my wife's wishes.

Yes I intend to keep the thread updated as much as possible.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 2nd August 2017 at 22:39.
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the Vespa group. Happy motoring

When we bought it 3 years ago, it was the same story. The Vespa was the second Italian in our garage. (The bigger Italian is now replaced by a German). Along with this, there are many things I can relate so much in your story. Like the price below as another example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Now to answer the question on people's mind. Is the vehicle worth the price tag? Most of them are shocked hearing the price(including my parents) but everytime you are riding it you will forget everything else and enjoy it. To be honest keep aside the nostalgia associated with the brand and the unique design, its not worth the price tag. But hey not everyday you buy things that makes you happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I definitely knew that the Scooter in itself was not worth the price tag.
But hey, people do buy not-so-exclusive iphones and ipads for high prices. An Exclusive Vespa is also similar isn't it? I thought on these lines and I decided to go ahead and pay the premium for exclusivity.
And the dealership experience is spot on. Irritating most of the times. Thankfully the vehicle is good to forget those things. Enjoy the scooter.

PS: Suggest you to remove the metal key chain you've got, will damage the paint there.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the Vespa group. Happy motoring

When we bought it 3 years ago, it was the same story. The Vespa was the second Italian in our garage. (The bigger Italian is now replaced by a German).

PS: Suggest you to remove the metal key chain you've got, will damage the paint there.
Thanks Hemanth. I was infact reading up on your thread from the booking until the delivery of the vehicle. It was very helpful. And thanks for the suggestions through PM.

Yes I have removed the key chain and put up the tbhp keychain.
Old 20th September 2017, 11:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Our Vespa is giving a very low mileage (around 23-26 kmpl)! This is the same since day 1 and I always measure from tankful to tankful. I thought it would increase after first service but no its still same. Is this the normal mileage for this vehicle? I have the second service coming up shortly and will have to get them to have a check.

Also, it has got 4 scratches on the body. Not sure how it has come but it was most probably when parked in my wife's office. It is very much visible and looks bad. Is there something which can be done or painting the only choice?
Attached Thumbnails
Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-vespa-damage.jpg  

Old 20th September 2017, 13:36   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Our Vespa is giving a very low mileage (around 23-26 kmpl)! This is the same since day 1 and I always measure from tankful to tankful. I thought it would increase after first service but no its still same. Is this the normal mileage for this vehicle? I have the second service coming up shortly and will have to get them to have a check.
We've consistently got around 45kmpl since 3 years now on our SX125. Considering your's is 150, it should be around 40kmpl and not less

Quote:
Also, it has got 4 scratches on the body. Not sure how it has come but it was most probably when parked in my wife's office. It is very much visible and looks bad. Is there something which can be done or painting the only choice?
Looking at the gap between the body and the chrome rails around the vehicle, i guess the vehicle has fallen down.
Anyway, I have got stickers pasted on my Sister's white Vespa (not to cover any scratch but just to match my erstwhile Abarth).
You could think of something like that. JC road has enough Vinyl experts.
Below is our White Vespa with red stripes. You could think of the opposite.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-20160815_09490201.jpeg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 20th September 2017 at 13:39.
Old 20th September 2017, 15:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We've consistently got around 45kmpl since 3 years now on our SX125. Considering your's is 150, it should be around 40kmpl and not less
I was expecting around 35 kmpl atleast. Let me get this checked during the second service.

Quote:
Looking at the gap between the body and the chrome rails around the vehicle, i guess the vehicle has fallen down.
Anyway, I have got stickers pasted on my Sister's white Vespa (not to cover any scratch but just to match my erstwhile Abarth).
You could think of something like that. JC road has enough Vinyl experts.
Below is our White Vespa with red stripes. You could think of the opposite.

Attachment 1677962
The gap you see was there from the first day. I also checked for scratches on the rails but didnt see any. If the vehicle had fallen it would have had scratches.

Yes I did think about the stickers but was not very keen on it as I would like to have a clean vehicle. But looks like no other options. Should plan for some design to cover it up.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 22:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

This past weekend I did get sometime so off I went to JC road to get some sticker job done on the Vespa to cover the ugly scratches. Went and checked many designs but since one of the deeper scratches was slightly towards the middle, none of the stripes design was going to help as it will be very thick strip.

Finally after pondering for some designs for over 40 mins, selected one which I felt was better than anything else. Got it done on black and silver combination.
But the end result was far from satisfactory. I am not very happy with it and was asking him to remove it off. But in the end I let it be until I find some appropriate design as I did not like looking at the scratch every day.

Here is the design.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_6366.jpg

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_6368.jpg

While I was there, I got the indicators wrapped in a light grey wrap to get the smoked look. I also got the speedo console covered in a transparent wrap so that any scratches can be avoided.

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_6365.jpg

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_6367.jpg

Pardon for the poor clarity pics.
Old 5th January 2018, 11:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle was due for service on the last week of December. So went and gave it for service on 30th . This was the 3rd service and it is a paid one. There was no issues to report except the low mileage. Also with the vehicle number plate drive going on in the city and my wife being caught (twice) for lack of front number plate, I asked them if they have a provision of doing it. They indeed had but it involved drilling. Though I was against it, but my wife wanted it done asap as it was getting difficult to ride without getting caught.

Got a message as well as call at 4 PM that the vehicle is ready. Went there by 5pm and paid the amount and collected the vehicle.

Total Amount : 965 rs (including 300rs for the number plate fitting. )
Extra : 100 rs (for the actual stickering of the regn numbers).

This was a surprise as when I had given the vehicle in the morning, service person had told that 300 rs is inclusive of everything . It was the same surprise for everyone and we all fought also with them but in the end had to pay up.

The end result is this :

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-img_6634.jpg

Not happy at all as it has spoilt the look of the vehicle. Anyways whats done is done. Many people who had come for the service got the plate fixed on vespas as well as aprilia. Dealer claims that the number plate design is as per the guidelines given by the BTP. I would definitely recommend people to explore a bit more before getting the holes drilled in their vehicles.

The service center was full with vehicles and it was chaotic. Service center is small and the number of vehicles were more. I think they should start investing for a bigger service center considering that the volume is increasing with the sales of both vespa and aprilia.
Old 5th January 2018, 11:47   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not happy at all as it has spoilt the look of the vehicle. Anyways whats done is done. Many people who had come for the service got the plate fixed on vespas as well as aprilia. Dealer claims that the number plate design is as per the guidelines given by the BTP. I would definitely recommend people to explore a bit more before getting the holes drilled in their vehicles.
On our Vespa, we didn't drill holes and the plate is affixed below the grille.
Last month the horn gave up all of a sudden. A local mechanic opened the grille checked it. it was just a lose connection in the horn which sorted out by tightening a screw on the horn. It was because of this experience that I didn't want to fix the plate over the grille because next time if we have to remove, we have to remove the plate before removing the grille.

You can see the plate on our vehicle in the below link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4331925

Quote:
The service center was full with vehicles and it was chaotic. Service center is small and the number of vehicles were more. I think they should start investing for a bigger service center considering that the volume is increasing with the sales of both vespa and aprilia.
True. Also that underpass construction doesn't look like it will end in some years. Initially, the size was Ok. but now, need for a bigger space is felt
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 11:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On our Vespa, we didn't drill holes and the plate is affixed below the grille.

You can see the plate on our vehicle in the below link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4331925
Yep, after I put my post I did read your thread. And that idea was what I was thinking as well but I kept pushing going to JC road for couple of weeks. Also my wife was caught twice so she wanted it to be fixed and done away with. I am avoiding looking at it ever since but eventually I have to come to peace with it.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 23:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great thread.
I just got a Vespa 125 SXL today. The registration is still pending so I cannot really drive the scooter at the moment.
The sales guy said I should not do a tankful due to new engine and air lock, until first servicing. When I questioned him, he said 'you can do tankful with these new engines'. Has anyone heard of such thing before?

The other thing I noticed is that while idling at standstill, if I apply the left brake lever, I can get a lot of vibration. It is like as if the tyres and brakes are 'fighting' with each other. There is no problem with the right level (front disk brakes)

Is that vibration normal at standstill for the rear brake?

And since SXL has a long center piece in the front, there is no space to stick the number plate sticker. I might have to go with the more conventional spot on the right side top.

Last edited by S_U_N : 31st October 2018 at 23:21.
Old 2nd November 2018, 14:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Another Italian joins the stable - Our Matt Red Vespa 150-poser-2.jpg
Does n't the angle of the windshield look odd? I am very baffled by this.
Is there a way the windshield mounting rods be moved upright so that the windshield glass stands erect ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks