Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 11:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150

Congrats on your ride!
Really loved you writing style and your sense of humor.

I was in the market for scooter as well, for my better half.
I ended up picking up the Wego, though!

Service cost of Rs 550 does not sound like a major premium.
I paid Rs 400 for servicing the Wego just a month back. So, they are more or less in the same ballpark.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
5. TVS: - Again, a small showroom, not very well maintained but knowledgeable sales staff who weren't pushy. Also refused a test ride without a DL (I hadn't taken it with me on that day), and refused to retrofit the headlight switch bypassing the AHO (an irritant which also results in reduced battery life). Had a clear pricing and accessory list and the Jupiter was quoted at 64800.00.
Is it legal to turn off the AHO feature? According to this article, it is mandated by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Old 30th October 2017, 18:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Is it legal to turn off the AHO feature? According to this article, it is mandated by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
if the purpose is to reduce the load on the battery, then we can switch it ON once the bike is running.
Old 30th October 2017, 21:47   #19
bkc
BHPian

Quote:

Paytm hassles, almost a scam??

P
Congrats on your purchase. I was in a dilemma, to choose between Access and SR150. Finally, chose access for my needs.
During my purchase, I did not have any issue with paytm. Got 4K cashback on the same day. I paid the total Ex-showroom via paytm and while payment, used coupon code bike4k.

Steps followed:
1) Went to nearest Suzuki showroom and informed that, I intend to purchase access 125 through paytm.
2) They told yes, you can do that but, before payment, select our dealership name in the drop-down menu.
3) I informed that, I need to see the vehicle first before payment, hence, selected a vehicle (out of 3 white SE) , put my name on it, then made a payment selecting the dealer name.
4) Completed all formalities like, accessories needed, road tax, registration charges, paid for all these and took the delivery on next day.
5) Yes, the app shows a long delivery date, ignore it. I got the cashback on the same day of payment (500 charged by paytm for the service)

overall good deal how?
1) 3.5k cashback (4k - 500rs charges we paid)
2) Some suzuki great gold rush offer, a watch of worth 4.5k claimed on http://www.suzukigreatgoldrush.com yet to arrive.

Let me know, if someone needs more info on paytm procedure.
Old 31st October 2017, 00:10   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Is it legal to turn off the AHO feature?
For starters, I really am not bothered by such stupid rules, AND the mandate is to have "frontal illumination", which is basically supposed to be done via a DRL like system (Like the new TVS XL 100) and not by leaving the headlight ON all the time.

Secondly, because of the wiring loom going through the ignition switch, Buraq's parking lamp stays ON even now, of course, I will get that changed in due course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
if the purpose is to reduce the load on the battery, then we can switch it ON once the bike is running.
Good point there, but I prefer to keep it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc View Post
2) They told yes, you can do that but, before payment, select our dealership name in the drop-down menu.
This option does not exist on the SR website. Had this been there, I would have done it. Also, the Paytm call centre was clueless on why the probable date of delivery was displayed as 18th November when the dealership (even the one closest to my pincode) had the scoot in ready stock.
Old 31st October 2017, 08:09   #21
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
, but I prefer to keep it off. (even the one closest to my pincode) had the scoot in ready stock.
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-screenshot_20171031075923980_net.one97.paytm.png
Yes, I see no drop-down option for SR booking.

We have seen so many horror stories during direct purchase itself. How can we just pay and wait for them to allot a bike? What if the bike allotted was used for TDs?

Thanks for highlighting this issue. So use paytm, only if you can select dealer name in menu.
Old 31st October 2017, 08:25   #22
BHPian

Hi, Congrats for the awesome purchase. Sailing in the same boat, owning a SR albeit in the Race guise, Its true that the SR is a different breed.

Quote:
Motoplex Pune declined to put the switch at my end . I too don't care about these rules - made by a government that can give us proper roads, leave proper illumination, but i don't want to get this locally fitted
Old 31st October 2017, 10:37   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the buy.
Took a test drive and have to say the braking, handling, acceleration was more than enough for city use.
This will be my next scooter with a remap.
Forget cabs or any 4 wheelers, Bangalorians need automatic 2 wheeler be it bike or scooter for city use.
Old 31st October 2017, 11:58   #24
BANNED

***Little things that go a Long way***

Mr.Gangadhar Tambe, the MD of Velocity called me a few minutes ago to ask me if everything was ok with Buraq. He could have had his CRE/CRM call me and check, but he did it himself.

Also, in spite of having given me blank number plate with the vehicle at the time of delivery, someone from the showroom called me the day before yesterday to ask if I wanted a written number plate from them, and when I told them that I already have been given a blank number plate, he said "That's OK Sir, if you need another one, we will give it to you." Sweet touch.

Shows the kind of business passion he has, which is of course governed by the fact that he has 25 plus years of automobile corporate work experience at various senior levels.

Wish we had more businessmen like this in the automotive world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
but i don't want to get this locally fitted
It is actually not that complex. Why dont you buy a switch from Motoplex and get it fitted outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Congrats on the buy.
Forget cabs or any 4 wheelers, Bangalorians need automatic 2 wheeler be it bike or scooter for city use.
Thank you.

Yes, the practicality of a 2 wheeler, an ungeared 2 wheeler with some luggage capacity is simply unbeatable.

Where do you stay at Bangalore? It would be nice to meet up sometime and exchange notes.

Last edited by n.devdath : 31st October 2017 at 12:12.
Old 31st October 2017, 17:31   #25
BHPian

An offtopic noob question.
Doesn't the headlamps draw power from the alternator when the engine is switched on in an AHO vehicle? I was of the understanding that the battery power is required only when the engine is off!
Old 31st October 2017, 18:47   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopsKA12 View Post
Doesn't the headlamps draw power from the alternator when the engine is switched on in an AHO vehicle? I was of the understanding that the battery power is required only when the engine is off!
No, the headlights are powered directly by the battery and the alternator only charges the battery.

The headlights come on once the ignition key is in the ON position, irrespective of whether the engine is running or not thereby putting undue load on the battery. If you use the self starter, it further increases the load.
Old 31st October 2017, 21:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the club. I got mine exactly on May 1st and have run close to 1400km. It's a powerful scoot alright, effectively takes up my weight (120kgs) along with my wife very effortlessly. The suspension is pretty hard for sure. The headlights suck big time. Recently swapped out the halogens with a pair of Philips LED headlights (23W), pretty satisfied with the outcome. Recently I have started hearing a clicking sound from the rear wheel. Took the scoot to Motoplex and they diagnosed it to the rear wheel which will be duly replaced during the next service. I have heard lot of SRs suffering from this problem.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 31st October 2017 at 21:54.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:48   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club.Recently swapped out the halogens with a pair of Philips LED headlights (23W), pretty satisfied with the outcome. Took the scoot to Motoplex and they diagnosed it to the rear wheel which will be duly replaced during the next service.
Thank you...!!!

Where did you buy the LEDs from? Can you please share some pictures of them so that I too can buy them and get them replaced at the first service due in a fortnight?

Did they say what is wrong with the rear wheel? I can understand moving components making a noise but the wheel itself sounds a little strange.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you...!!!

Where did you buy the LEDs from? Can you please share some pictures of them so that I too can buy them and get them replaced at the first service due in a fortnight?

Did they say what is wrong with the rear wheel? I can understand moving components making a noise but the wheel itself sounds a little strange.
Regarding the LEDs, my cousin gave them to me since he was about to install them on his Swift but later couldn't since he bought a Ciaz and the bulb type is different. It's available on Amazon. The only drawback is, it's a bit expensive.
https://www.amazon.in/Philips-X-trem...dlight+for+car
I will upload the pics and the spread shortly.Regarding the sound, its like a loose ball bearing inside a metallic can. The explanation I got is that the wheel mounts are not able to take the power.
Old 1st November 2017, 20:46   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The only drawback is, it's a bit expensive.
At 12k per pair, they are r-e-a-l-l-y expensive. Let me win a lottery to afford them.

So today, Baroq got his number, and just like my other rides/drives, he too has a "73" in it, superstitious or not, I consider it a lucky coincidence.

BTW, see all that dust on his bum, I've ordered a Jopasu mini duster to take care of that.
Attached Thumbnails
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-baroq-n01.jpg  

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-baroq-n02.jpg  

Last edited by n.devdath : 1st November 2017 at 20:48.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks