Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 16:57   #46
BANNED

Re: Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Yes I did point out the issue.
Did he also tell you the cause? Now that a lot of owners have been having it, and a fix has been arrived at, they should know it.
Old 15th November 2017, 12:15   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
So want to check with others for other ideas of
1. how to fix the plates and
2. In which position to fix them
That's bad news for me as well. As I see it, other than ugly contraptions on the front, there is actually no other way of fixing a number plate on the Aprilia and Vespa scooters and they will definitely spoil the looks completely.

Let me talk to a few people and check.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 14:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Did he also tell you the cause? Now that a lot of owners have been having it, and a fix has been arrived at, they should know it.
They simply said the wheel is unable to take the power, hence the issue. They are replacing the rear wheels under warranty, no questions asked.
Old 2nd December 2017, 20:47   #49
BANNED

Quote:
They simply said the wheel is unable to take the power, hence the issue. They are replacing the rear wheels under warranty, no questions asked.
Has it been replaced?

***Cold Start Update***

I was travelling for the past 8 days and hence Buraq was hibernating all this while.

My biggest worry? Starting.

However, 3 kicks with the key off, 1 with the choke pulled, and voila, he sprang to life.

Its time for his 1st service now and am in two minds whether to go the dealership where I brought him home from or the bad dealership that is closer to home.

Does anyone here have the experience of the Hosur road dealership by any chance?
Old 4th December 2017, 12:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Has it been replaced?
Hi Devdath, stuck with my year end deadlines. Will get the wheel replaced in the upcoming service in Jan.
Old 12th December 2017, 17:38   #51
BANNED

First Service, and some Eye Tonic

As Buraq chugged along smoothly, I was time for his 1st service. The recommended interval is within 30 days or between 250-350kms whichever occurs earlier, which, in my opinion, is a bit too early.

So while I was wanting to take him for service on time, my travels and the dealership distance from my home kept me busy, but when the odo nudged 246km, I decided it was time.

Since Velocity was pretty far away and I do not go to that part of the city, I decided to give Navin Associates (Remember them?? Yeah, the same pathetic dealer) a chance by asking them to replace the oil and the oil filter only. I was just not confident of having anything else done by them.

But as my good luck would have it, they did not even get to do that.

I called them at 1000hrs and told the lady on the other line that all I needed was an oil change as a part of the 1st service and asked her if she could give the vehicle back to me in 30 mins to which she said that only have 2 technicians have turned up for work and unless the third one comes, it is not possible. She also told me that I could call her around 12pm to check if the 3rd technician had come.

Sounded fair.

I called her back at 1230 and was told that the 3rd technician has come to work, and I could take the vehicle which would be delivered in 30 minutes of me taking it there. I scheduled the appointment for 1430hrs and was there on time.

Upon reaching their service area (the lesser I talk about it, the better), I was suddenly told bluntly by another lady that they cannot limit their work to a mere oil change, even I pay them the full service charges and there is no way they could deliver the vehicle in, forget 30 mins, even in an hour.

When I asked the lady I had spoken to, over the phone, who was sitting at the adjacent table, she said she is a new employee and doesn't know the showroom rules.

I decided not to waste my time in arguing with lacklustre, arrogant & unprofessional team, and went my way.

Tip: Stay AWAY from Navin Associates not only for sales, but also service.

The very next morning, as luck would have it, I had a meeting near the Le Meridien, which is pretty close to Velocity Motors and when I called the MD and asked him if he could take Buraq around 1400hrs and give it to be by 1500, he most gladly agreed.

I rode down, and Buraq was wheeled into the service area (small but much better maintained) and the oil was drained even before the job card was punched.

Here are a few pictures: -
Was worried if my "jugaad" for the footrest would result in undue dust going into the air filter cartridge. It was just fine.

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-air-filter-cartridge.jpg

Buraq has a 24 size drain plug. That's big...!!!

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-drain-plug.jpg

Going by the number plate issues created by the traffic police, this is what is being done by the dealer to get over with it. Spoils the front looks but it looks like there is no other option. Buraq doesnt have it yet, but let's see.... :(

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-number-plate2.jpg

This is how it is mounted.

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-number-plate1.jpg

I had paid the bill by 1503hrs wherein, not only had the oil been changed, but the full 1st service had been carried out along with resolving the handlebar rattle and 2 test rides had been taken to check if everything else was ok.

The total service bill was INR 356.00 sans washing which I told them not to do. The rear wheel and the engine area was anyway cleaned thoroughly.

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-1st-service-bill.jpg

So, here is one more feather in the Velocity Motors cap from my side. To add to it, the MD asked me if I have observed any rattling from the rear wheel, and told me that he would gladly replace the rear wheel, which is in stock if I feel there is something wrong.

While Buraq was being attended do, I casually strolled into the showroom and ogled at the gorgeous beast standing there in all its glory.

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-dorsoduro3.jpg
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-dorsoduro2.jpg
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-dorsoduro1.jpg
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-dorsodurosilencer.jpg

Buraq definitely feels way more refined and eager after the 1st service and oil change, which is as expected.

Till next time then, Tally Ho..!!!
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 15:15   #52
BANNED

A Short Highway Ride

A Short Highway Ride: Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore.

With the odo touching the 1k km mark, 987km to be precise, it was time to take him out to the open roads, and what could be a better drive than Goa to meet childhood school buddies....!!!

Onward: Left home at 1730hrs and was at the accommodation at 0445hrs the next morning with a 1.5hr dinner break at Chitradurga. Did not care to measure the FE since Buraq had just crossed the 1000km mark.

Return Left Goa at 1130hrs and took a lunch break after Hubli at Kamat, a 10 min water break at Sira and finally a 3.5 hr (met up with a friend) break at Tumkur. Travel time was 10 hrs.

Measured FE over 2 tankfulls and it was a respectable 36.7kmpl with the speedo hovering between 85-95kmph almost all the time.

Other Observations: -

1. Buraq is a steed, in the true sense. The way he picks up speed and stays there is simply magical for a 150cc heart and a variomatic tranny.

2. I had zero pains or aches during the entire trip which is testimony to his ergonomics.

3. Headlights are sufficient for highways and unlit city roads as long as there is no oncoming blinding light. With that, and the helmet visor, it becomes an issue.

4. The range isn't too bad too. I didn't face any heart-in-mouth moments even when riding through the night due to the presence of multiple fuel stations.

5. Handling, as always, is a dream.

6. Braking is phenomenal and the tires offer good grip on muddy, gravelly and tar surfaces. In fact, they are pretty resistant to screeching too, during panic braking.

7.The ride is perfect for twisties and 4 lanes but sudden speed breakers jolt him pretty violently and it is advisable to slow down for rumble strips rather than gunning over them.

8. Lastly, he reaches his speedo top speed with effervescent ease, every time.

Here are a few photographs taken from my mobile phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-goa1.jpeg  

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-goa2.jpeg  

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-goa3.jpeg  

n.devdath is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 06:35   #53
BHPian

Nice write-up. Good to know of the scooter's highway performance.

I have a SR-150 bought for my son. He was complaining of insufficient headlight beam so I replaced the stock lights with Led bulbs in both slots and reconfigured in a way that both work for high beam/low beam. The 'always on' feature is taken care of by a low watt bulb which is already present. The headlight is bright and the throw is both long and wide.
Olympal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 11:17   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
He was complaining of insufficient headlight beam so I replaced the stock lights with Led bulbs in both slots and reconfigured in a way that both work for high beam/low beam.
Thank you for your kind words.

Which LED bulbs have you put and from where did you buy them at what cost? I would like to upgrade Buraq's headlights too but am not able to get hold of good quality LEDs. There is someone here who has put very expensive ones at 12k per pair, I will not spend that much.
Old 14th January 2018, 13:10   #55
BHPian

Don't know which brand, but the wattage matches that of the original bulbs. Cost Rs1800 including installation. Done in JC Road where all the motorcycles accessories shops are.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 11:58   #56
BANNED

***2nd Service Update***

With the odo nudging 2800kms, it was time for Buraq to go in for his second service. An appointment was promptly booked for the same day and he was wheeled into the now trusted Velocity Motors service centre with Musafir (the senior technician) handling him.

Issues:

1. The idling seemed to be on the higher side. Rectified.
2. Small rattles from the handlebar area. Rectified, but am sure they will crop up again. I too am not a very genteel rider so dont really mind.
3. Rear rim replacement. The order has been placed and I will get it replaced during the next service.

I had asked them not to pressure wash him and give him a wipe down which was well done.

2 hrs and a lot of happy chatting later, the bill of INR 769.00 was ready. Paid it and came back to office.

Here are a few pictures of the showroom and the bill.

The invoice. Is it on the higher side? Don't think so, and for the quality of the service I get, I really dont bother.

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-invoice.jpeg

Beauties, all of them. No?

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-lineup.jpeg

Here is the upcoming SR 125. I liked the shade.

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-sr125.jpeg

A Roorkee registered Vespa getting serviced, wonder if it was driven down...!!!

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-ukscoot.jpeg
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 06:37   #57
BHPian

Here is my delivery and first service. Please do the mod on the heat shield and really works. I am unable to upload the videos of the first service. Let me try on youtube and post the links.
Attached Thumbnails
Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-38bef48a983b4da0a534b8879e4187fb.jpg  

Buraq: My Aprilia SR 150-img_3621.jpg  

Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 11:50   #58
BHPian

Below are the Youtube links-

Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 12:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Point to note, Vespa has started using Castrol Activ engine oils instead of eni. First step for cost cutting?
Old 25th April 2018, 16:02   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Point to note, Vespa has started using Castrol Activ engine oils instead of eni. First step for cost cutting?
I took pictures of the ENI barrel and Castrol (labeled made for Aprilia Sr 150). What baffled me was the grade change from 5W40 to 20W40. Perhaps the tropics calls for more viscous lubrication.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks