Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 19:02   #76
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Intruder Launched ; Priced At ₹ 98,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussantiago View Post
Hopefully they'll soon put it back in the bag if they have any sense.

The problem is that all these companies know that majority of Aam Junta really needs is a bike that comes at a comparatively cheaper cost (1L is not cheap by any means) and offers a much larger 2-3X poser value, which fortunately/unfortunately this bike will do for them.

Though this might not sell as high as Avenger in terms of pure numbers, given Suzuki's current market share they might still be able to make enough profits to keep smiling.

On a different note, had this been a 250cc engine then I would have given it a thought provided it was in the 1.5L range. With the Inazuma engine (right tires+proportionate bulk), I would just pick it up even if I had to liquidate my savings & it was offered in the 3L range.

Last edited by mantrig : 7th November 2017 at 19:06.
mantrig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 19:07   #77
BHPian

Re: Suzuki 155 cc Intruder launched at Rs. 98,340

Wish it had bigger, proportionate tyres. Looks like a wanna be model, who focuses only on the upper body. Avenger which is a direct competition and is decade old, looks better to me personally.
Engine_Roars is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 19:23   #78
BHPian

Looks wise, seems too bold, unnecessary cladding on the sides. However, a refreshing change to the Avenger. Seating position seems similar to Avenger - and that's good.

Does the Avenger have disk brakes on the rear?

A good start on the whole i would say!
Old 7th November 2017, 20:14   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Looks wise, seems too bold, unnecessary cladding on the sides. However, a refreshing change to the Avenger. Seating position seems similar to Avenger - and that's good.

Does the Avenger have disk brakes on the rear?

A good start on the whole i would say!
Indeed a refreshing change.
No - Avenger doesnt have disk brakes at the rear.
But Avenger 220 is much faster than this, and with loads of Chrome on it, its popular too.

This thing is like XUV - you hate it, or you like it, but you just cannot ignore it.
I find the exhaust and wheelbase similar to those of Gixxer - is it really , or its just me thinking so?

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th November 2017 at 10:59. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th November 2017, 20:16   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Will have to wait to see it in person before any comments on the styling. But what is Suzuki thinking ? 155 cc .. but cladding/fairing out-weighs the engine capacity. Hope it not an all-show-no-go bike.
Old 7th November 2017, 20:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

For how long will Suzuki milk the 155cc engine? The bike looks like a badly modded one from local garages, surprising that it is actually a OEM variant

It looks too small and it is evident from the last picture with the guy sitting on it. Frankly speaking a 150cc engine is not suited for cruising. I had the GS150R earlier and though it had the 6th gear, it was no different from other bikes with 5 gears. Power was sufficient but not ample.

It was vibe free though and that will help when covering distance. Although 200cc might be the minimum requirement for a cruiser IMHO.

ABS though is very welcome as is the dual disk setup.
Old 8th November 2017, 00:34   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Was watching through powerdrift video. They still picked up the Intruder over the Avenger for the additional kit & a slightly better power output. Honestly, the design is neat and can standout in the crowded space. Gives a bit of the chopper effect from the rear too. My only grouse is the 155cc engine, but Suzuki seems to be very conservative about the engine / power ratings.

Having said this, I hear a lot of positivity about Gixxer & this engine. I talked to a random owner who said he manages a 43 kmpl on highways on his Gixxer SF.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 10:39   #83
BHPian

Re: The Suzuki 155cc Intruder. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 98,340

Looks very different (in a quirky way though)

I kind of like it till the rear, where it resembles the scooters (more like their own Access 125) . If the rear portion was finished like in a Mojo, It might have been easy on eyes IMO
Old 8th November 2017, 10:46   #84
BHPian

Damn! This thing reminds me of those DC mod/hack jobs

Why would anyone pick this over the Avenger?
cataclysm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 13:08   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Was watching through powerdrift video. They still picked up the Intruder over the Avenger for the additional kit & a slightly better power output. Honestly, the design is neat and can standout in the crowded space. Gives a bit of the chopper effect from the rear too. My only grouse is the 155cc engine, but Suzuki seems to be very conservative about the engine / power ratings.

Having said this, I hear a lot of positivity about Gixxer & this engine. I talked to a random owner who said he manages a 43 kmpl on highways on his Gixxer SF.
If only they had plonked the 250 Single in this and priced around 2-2.5L , would have been THE cruiser for Indian roads, Then they could also have put 140 rear tyre, making it more proportional to look at.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 19:49   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
If only they had plonked the 250 Single in this and priced around 2-2.5L , would have been THE cruiser for Indian roads, Then they could also have put 140 rear tyre, making it more proportional to look at.

- Slick
It already comes with 140 rear tyres
PrasannaDhana is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 21:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Damn! This thing reminds me of those DC mod/hack jobs

Why would anyone pick this over the Avenger?
Intruder has :

+ Better engine (atleast than the 150cc one)

+ Bullet proof reliability and lesser niggles (maybe better quality).

+ ABS

+ Better name :-P

I think we should give this bike a chance. Agreed, the price is insane for a 150cc bike but I think till we ride and experience it, let’s not make judgements. People pay 1 lakh for iPhones and not complain. I’m sure this will be a competent and comfortable cruiser. Going by my experience of Gixxer, it surely is more premium than other 150cc engines. But pricing should’ve been in around ~90k mark.
The Brutailer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 00:08   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
...Why would anyone pick this over the Avenger?
I'd pick this for one reason - ABS! I still think the Avenger has a better design, but the Suzuki engine has better reviews. It also comes with a LED Projector headlamps.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 00:17   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I'd pick this for one reason - ABS! I still think the Avenger has a better design, but the Suzuki engine has better reviews. It also comes with a LED Projector headlamps.
I don't think it comes with LED projector headlamps. The specifications show a 35/35W headlamp. From the headlamp images, it looks like only the position lamps are LED projectors while the headlamps are halogen.
Also a single channel ABS with only front wheel speed sensor is generally not advisable which is what is present in the Intruder. However, as you said, something is better than nothing.
Old 9th November 2017, 12:54   #90
BHPian

Similar grouses with the skinny tyres. How bad an idea would be to replace them with aftermarket options? Both rear and front, but especially front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks