Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 20:19   #136
BHPian

Re: Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyankurr View Post
How did you got the wheel balancing done ?
I have a Honda CB300R and I'll be replacing my front rim soon as it got bend, should I go for wheel balancing?
Is it not possible to just fix the rim bend and then get it balanced? I assume that on a bike like the CB300R, it would cost less to do that than purchase a new rim.

Are you claiming Insurance for this damage? I haven't really heard of many insurance claims for rim damage getting approved, so kind of surprised that someone is considering replacement instead of repair (assuming that it's possible).
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 23:22   #137

Re: Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!

@JithinR

My wheel is bent at two different locations so i am thinking of taking Insurance claim to replace my rim.

Do you know any specific reason why companies reject these type of insurance claims.
And could you pls share some highlights on how to do wheel balancing of bike wheels.
Old 6th March 2024, 13:05   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyankurr View Post
How did you got the wheel balancing done ?
I have a Honda CB300R and I'll be replacing my front rim soon as it got bend, should I go for wheel balancing?
Hey, your CB300R has an alloy rim right? If it's minimal you can get the bend removed and balance the wheel with the tyre on it. If it's something unrepairable, get it replaced for peace of mind.

Wheel balancing for 2Ws in Bangalore is done only at one specific shop AFAIK, Madhu's Tyres, I got mine balanced there.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 13:43   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Midlife Rejuvenation Of The RR310
4 Years 9 Months And 34,600 Kms Later

It's hard to believe that FURY will turn 5 in the next couple of months, time flies and it flies faster when you are having fun. The RR310 was surprisingly low on maintenance cost (or so I thought it was), for the amount of highway run it has seen. Just to give you an idea, I am still on my stock front tyre, 2nd set of the rear tyre, 2nd set of the front brake pads (changed at 25k kms), 2nd set of the rear brake pads (changed only now at 34k kms). Maybe my sedate riding style contributes to the longevity of these wear-and-tear parts.
Hi,

I own a BS4 RR310(Slipper Clutch) as well and I could relate with this post really well. I have the following questions
  1. Why not as well use the Slipper clutch. AFAIK it was backwards compatible?
  2. Can you please share the details of Mr. Shiva in DM? I am new to Bengaluru and need to do annual servicing of my machine.

Thanks and Regards
Aakash

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks