Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 12:07   #46
BHPian

re: Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post

Fury looks great with those background shots. I was wondering if anyone in your group got hands on BS6 version ? I need to know how does the bike hold up (from refinement perspective) at various speeds and rpms.

Can you share the same details for Fury ? i.e. on 6th gear - Speeds and refinement levels (any disturbing rattles, buzzes on seat or tank) on 7k / 8k / 9k / 10k RPM ?
Oh yes, we do have a lot of new guys in the group owning the BS6 bike and to be frank I haven't heard one guy complain about vibrations like we did (BS4 owners). I too checked out the BS6 at the SVC and there's been a huge improvement in the NVM levels of the bike, it's not HONDA level, but it's much much better.

FURY was a vibrator when new (read first lot), my hand and ass cheeks would go numb after a long ride, maintaining service schedule's has helped the bike to remain much more calm now. You can do 60 kmph in 6th gear as well as 100+, the engine does not complain one bit, there are no panel rattles until now in my 2.5 years of ownership. Buzzes on seat, foot peg and tank is still there, but it's tolerable, I have simply gotten used to it.
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 13:17   #47
BHPian

re: Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
I too checked out the BS6 at the SVC and there's been a huge improvement in the NVM levels of the bike, it's not HONDA level, but it's much much better.
That's assuring. Thanks for the info.
Hoping to join you guys soon. I just hope that TVS folks run some discounts during the festive offer so that I can seal the deal .
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 13:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
That's assuring. Thanks for the info.
Hoping to join you guys soon. I just hope that TVS folks run some discounts during the festive offer so that I can seal the deal .
Woah, that's nice to hear. Meanwhile, you can follow the groups Instagram page for rides and updates. Link: https://www.instagram.com/apacherr310ownersbangalore/
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 22:37   #49
BHPian

Hey everyone,

Do we have any official ownership thread for the RR310 ? I searched but to no avail.
Old 25th September 2020, 23:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRIME95 View Post
Hey everyone,

Do we have any official ownership thread for the RR310 ? I searched but to no avail.
There's none I think. We have individual threads by fury and athek. You may start one with rr310 bs6 version. I would have load of questions
Old 29th October 2020, 23:19   #51
BHPian

Hey guys,

I had a query about the headlight throw. I checked on a flat wall and the high beam is completely off to the right.

Meaning it will be completely useless on any roads.

Extremely sorry that there are no pictures available with me right now. But will do so shortly.

Can someone also check this with their RR310 using a flat surface with high beam on ?? It would of great help and we can possibly persuade TVS for a permanent solution.
Old 8th November 2020, 15:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

I had a query about the headlight throw. I checked on a flat wall and the high beam is completely off to the right.

Can someone also check this with their RR310 using a flat surface with high beam on ?? It would of great help and we can possibly persuade TVS for a permanent solution.
Even though the lights are pretty bright, I am still not happy with the throw, with highbeam it blinds the opposite vehicle's and with low beam it's just not sufficient enough on a pitch black highway.

I tried adjusting it at the SVC a few times and gave up, it's truly wierdly configured.
FURY_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 20:55   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Even though the lights are pretty bright, I am still not happy with the throw, with highbeam it blinds the opposite vehicle's and with low beam it's just not sufficient enough on a pitch black highway.

I tried adjusting it at the SVC a few times and gave up, it's truly wierdly configured.
So I have a bit of update on that. I went to the SVC and asked to them to shift the high beam. It turns out it is possible to move the beam horizontally. Just not by the owner.

Both the top black pieces on either side have to be removed. Especially the ones next to the console. Just below that are the screws to adjust horizontal throw.

I have the adjusted but now they go to the left more, which is honestly nitpicking. I can see the edge of the road so much better.

I think the actual issue with the lights is the 'focus' over long distance, so to speak. They are bright enough, but not really focused for long throw

Will be posting my review soon, first service done. Costs have gone up tho
RPRIME95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 10:05   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Will be posting my review soon, first service done. Costs have gone up tho
You own a BS6 one?, it would be great if you can write a review on your bike, it can help me and other BS4 owners to understand on what we are missing out, frankly I haven't spent much time with a BS6 bike, simply not interested.

Looking forward.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 11th November 2020 at 10:06.
Old 11th November 2020, 11:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
You own a BS6 one?, it would be great if you can write a review on your bike, it can help me and other BS4 owners to understand on what we are missing out, frankly I haven't spent much time with a BS6 bike, simply not interested.

Looking forward.
Yes got a BS6 Racing Red (please don't hate) in September. In the process of drafting my review, will post soon
Old 17th November 2020, 12:54   #56
BHPian

Hey everyone,

My ownership review is live on the Forum. Have a look !!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ip-review.html (Lola is home - My TVS Apache RR310 BS6 ownership review)

Let me know how I did
RPRIME95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 12:41   #57
BHPian

Staying with parent's means you can't ride out for more than half a day at once, so no long distance or 2 day ride's. The odo has crossed 2k kms from February this year which actually used to be my monthly average running pre-covid.

Did a small run today to Hotel Nani, Vijayapura for the scrumptious dosa's and the sweetest of Kesari Bath they provide. We started at around 7:15 AM and reached the place at 7:45 AM, the small shop was overcrowded with locals and also the "bikers", it took me more than half an hour to get a hold of the dosa's, ride 30 mins and wait 30 mins for the food, hehe, such is the demand on a Sunday morning.

I overheard them saying "hey ah bike avurge yalla kotaytha" (Hey did you serve those bikers), god bless you sir.

Attaching a few photos from the ride today.

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_20201122_091105786_hdr-1.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_20201122_091546241_hdr-1.jpg

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_20201122_092106418_hdr.jpg

I last serviced the bike in Dec 2019, planning an annual service next month, with coolant and brake fluid change, I have still not yet decided whether to upgrade to the slipper clutch, not really heard any reviews of it.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 22nd November 2020 at 12:42.
FURY_44 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 14:18   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I last serviced the bike in Dec 2019, planning an annual service next month, with coolant and brake fluid change, I have still not yet decided whether to upgrade to the slipper clutch, not really heard any reviews of it.
I have driven both the 2019 model without slipper clutch and my own BS6 with Slipper clutch. I honestly did not feel any difference in lever feel. Just the downshifts are smoother than before.

If you are comfortable with current clutch feel, I suggest to not go for this upgrade. Smoothing downshifts is easily achievable with some practice. As for clutch life, it really boils down to how we ride. Slipper clutch will only delay the inevitable if the rider is careless from the get go.
RPRIME95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 10:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven both the 2019 model without slipper clutch and my own BS6 with Slipper clutch. I honestly did not feel any difference in lever feel. Just the downshifts are smoother than before.

If you are comfortable with current clutch feel, I suggest to not go for this upgrade.
Thank you for this RPRIME95, I decided not to go with the slipper clutch upgrade, even my service advisor advised against it and suggested to wait till the present set of clutch plates wears off.
Old 17th January 2021, 11:46   #60
BHPian

New Year Solo Ride 2021
When: Jan 1st - 3rd
Where: The Nilgiris
Stay: The Birdhouse Coonoor

I had a company mandatory off on Jan 1st, so that practically gave me a 3 day weekend for the new year, I absolutely had no idea to head out for the new year, since my friends also had plans to meet or ride I decided to sketch out a plan and head out for the new year weekend, the planning literally began after Christmas and I knew I was very late in picking a destination and also the stay. With little to no office work in the final week of the year I had enough time to stare at Google Maps to chalk out an imaginary route map. I considered many places from Mangalore, Gokarna to Valparai, Munnar, had to reject a lot of places due to information coming in off over crowding or very expensive hotel tariffs.

Since I had been to Ooty multiple times, decided to stick with a well known place, choose a quaint home stay and chill for the rest of the weekend. Evertytime I visited Ooty it was via the longer route which is Hosur - Salem - Coimbatore - Ooty. CBE being one of my favorite places I never miss passing through or visiting, I also have a couple of mandatory restaurants at CBE which I tend to visit every time I am in town.

This time however since I was riding solo, I planned to ride via Mysore - Bandipur - Mudhumalai - Masinagudi - Ooty - Coonoor, this might sound surprising but this was the 1st time on the bike for me through the Bandipur route, previously I had traveled to Kerala via Bandipur in a car.

Day 1: Bangalore - Mysore - Coonoor

Started the ride at a 6:00 AM, this was very very strange since I was spoiled by 4:00 AM starts or midnight starts. I had breakfast packed and literally had no plans of stopping anywhere, the Mysore road was surprisingly traffic free, even without pushing the pace I was on Mysore outer ring road at 8:30 AM, I was way ahead of my schedule, skipped the ring road and decided to cut through the city to "kill" sometime, it was literally a breeze, I was on the Nanjangud route in literally 30 mins. I did not find a proper place to have the packed breakfast, somewhere after crossing Nanjangud I found a place off the highway and finished my breakfast, made a few calls to friends who were by then surprised of me venturing out solo. At around 10:00 AM, I made a stop at Shell, Gundlupete which was not needed, but wanted to fill up with quality fuel before heading into the hills.

There was traffic for around 500 mtrs near the Mudhumalai check post, I had the epass logged at the entrance and paid Rs.10 as an entry fee or green tax to enter into Mudhumalai, the entire Bandipur - Mudhumalai - Masinagudi had little to no traffic, sometimes me being the only vehicle on the road, it was spooky and awesome at the same time, I was crawling at speeds of around 30 - 40kmph enjoying the nature around me, lots and lots of deers spotted next to the highway doing there early morning grazing.

Apologies, I am not very much into photography, I am a "live" in the moment kinda guy, but I did take this picture around 20kms from Ooty, the 1st picture I took on the trip, it did come out well I think.

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-img_20210101_11395301.jpeg

Another new for me apart from riding solo is I was going to stay in a hostel kind of a setup, something on the lines of a Zostel. This was the most budget friendly stay I could find in and around Ooty, Coonoor and I wanted to explore the setup. I reached my stay at around 1:30 PM, I had the option to choose my bunk bed and settled in by having some refreshments.

The Birdhouse Coonoor

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-screenshot_1.png

Dorm Room

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-screenshot_2.png

Dining area

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-screenshot_3.png

Outdoor seating

Fury in all its glory | My TVS Apache RR310 Ownership Review | EDIT: 6 years and 43,500 kms up!-screenshot_4.png

They have 3 dorm rooms, one women only and the other 2 are mixed rooms, this will go well with groups, all the above pictures were taken from there Booking.com listing. The maid at the home stay cooks delicious food both veg and non veg so venturing out for food is not needed, they also have a very good WiFi connection, a very good place to consider for a "staycation".

I headed out at 4:00 PM and visited nearby places like Lamb's rock and Dolphin's nose, the road and weather, with a slight drizzle were absolutely excellent, not much of a scenery to see from the view point as it was foggy everywhere, a waste of the entry ticket and parking charges. I returned back to the stay at around 6:00 PM, had veg biryani for dinner and called it a day.

The solo trip so far was so good.
FURY_44 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks