Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 19:03   #76
BHPian

Re: KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs

The KTMs were getting ridiculously pricey, this is a good move even if temporary. Hope they extend that to the 390 range as well, the Duke has grown by nearly 80k since its launch in 2017 without too many tweaks to the feature list.

Can't blame them either, this seems to be a general trend in the 200c+ motorcycle industry where prices have gone through the roof across manufacturers. Yamaha bucked that trend with the FZ25's price cut, and that seems to have a cascading effect. Hope Suzuki follow suit for their 250s!
Sudarshan42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 20:42   #77
BHPian

Holy Cow!! Even with the price cut, it costs more Ex Showroom than what my D390 cost On Road 4 years back. Shocking how the prices have risen.

And it's almost a Pulsar 150 down on CC too.

Nevertheless, the customers win, albeit for a limited time. I wonder why this limited time rider though.
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 23:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
Hey everyone! After a lot of deliberation, I purchased a KTM 250 Adventure. Took the delivery yesterday. I still am learning to ride, so I got a friend to get it home.

Other models I was considering were the Meteor, Honda Hness, and 310 GS.

I hope to put in a few hundred km before putting in an ownership review.
How is the riding experience been so far? Is it pillion friendly? Would appreciate if you could post an ownership review about it.
Old 15th July 2021, 09:18   #79
BHPian

This is a timely price reduction by KTM. I was planning to TD 250 ADV and book it during Aug. The OTR here in KA was close to 3.3L. The quotation includes Accessories worth 10k (includes 5k for Helmet) and 5 yr Insurance for 11k.
Any advise on these two cost items. Is it worthwhile taking accessories/insurance from showroom?
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 13:38   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
The quotation includes Accessories worth 10k (includes 5k for Helmet) and 5 yr Insurance for 11k.
Any advise on these two cost items. Is it worthwhile taking accessories/insurance from showroom?
Insurance depends, you can always check comparable insurance rates online and see if you get a better deal. Sometimes showrooms make it a hassle to get 'outside' insurance unless you really put your foot down and say no. But sometimes a showroom may actually be able to give you a better deal because they send more business to a particular insurer.

Accessories, almost never make sense. They are either overpriced or stuff you don't need anyway. Should be simple enough to check, take a look at the helmet, see the brand and check online if it's really worth 5K. More often than not they'll try and pass on some cheap helmet. If they knock off the price from the deal, better yet. You can always buy a better helmet that fits and suits you well.

Last edited by am1m : 15th July 2021 at 13:39.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 15:10   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Insurance depends, you can always check comparable insurance rates online and see if you get a better deal. Sometimes showrooms make it a hassle to get 'outside' insurance unless you really put your foot down and say no. But sometimes a showroom may actually be able to give you a better deal because they send more business to a particular insurer.

Accessories, almost never make sense. They are either overpriced or stuff you don't need anyway. Should be simple enough to check, take a look at the helmet, see the brand and check online if it's really worth 5K. More often than not they'll try and pass on some cheap helmet. If they knock off the price from the deal, better yet. You can always buy a better helmet that fits and suits you well.
Thanks a lot.
Took a TD yesterday and came out disappointed. Lack of low end punch meant constant gear changes. Bike felt underpowered especially with a pillion. The added weight is not helping either.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:03   #82
Senior - BHPian

Today my wife had some office work and me being the family driver had to wait till she finished. There was a KTM showroom nearby so decided to drop by to kill time. New OTR for Adventure 250 is 2.9L & now with 1L difference with 390 adventure feels okay-ish value plus fits right in my budget for next upgrade

Tried to get a feel of the bike. Am very lean built (65kgs) and till now used to feel I have a decent height at 5’7. Boy was I wrong? I could touch ground with both feet but barely tip-toe. Always knew KTM adventures were tall but never felt this vertically challenged. And it felt heavy as well at 177kg while I tried to manoeuvre it around the showroom.

KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-11aa1864b8a74953a78d8841c82fc97f.jpeg

P.S: Please ignore the attire as this wasn’t a planned visit. Was there in car so just went window shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post

With the help of proper riding boots it might just be possible to use this bike.
Yeah even I thought so but that’s fine if its only for highway rides. In city traffic would be challenging for me. Mine’s a 1 bike garage.

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd July 2021 at 15:29.
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:09   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Tried to get a feel of the bike. Am very lean built (68kgs) and till now used to feel have a decent height at 5’7. Boy was I wrong? I could touch ground with both feet but barely tip-toe. Always knew KTM adventures were tall but never felt this vertically challenged.
Actually it looks better than I thought it would. Your height and weight (when I am not gorging myself on fast food) are the same as mine.

I always thought that I would at most be able to tip-toe on just one foot (never even bothered to take a test ride due to this).

With the help of proper riding boots it might just be possible to use this bike.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 20:48   #84
BHPian

Is ADV 250 discontinued? Here in chennai I am not able to find the display bike in any showroom and the showroom guys said like the adv 250 production is stopped and only based on bookings it is produced, Is that true?
Old 12th January 2022, 12:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

KTM 250 Adventure gets two new colour options for 2022 - KTM Electronic Orange and KTM Factory Racing Blue.

Price remains unchanged at Rs 2.35 lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi)

KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-20220112_123336.jpg

KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-20220112_123338.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 14:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

So prices up by 10k. Atleast they could have added the LED headlights from Duke 250, this one looks so 2017
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 16:40   #87
BHPian

They decreased the number of spokes in the front wheel by 2. My 2021 model had 12 spokes whereas this one has 10
shravansp24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 13:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Took the test ride of the KTM 250 Adv today morning. The KTM Akurdi showroom is at a stone's throw distance from my home. Yesterday when I was checking the details of KTM 250 Adv on Bikewale.com, I showed interest in test ride & within the next minute I got a call from the showroom & they fixed the time of 11:30am today morning for the test ride. I went to the showroom & informed them about my test ride booking. Immediately a young chap called Ramakant took out the display bike from the showroom onto the road for test ride. Unfortunately this was the pre-2022 model. It didn't have the mirrors or knuckle guards fitted on it. Nevertheless I was happy that the test ride bike was readily made available as soon as I handed over my license.

This was my first ever ride on a KTM. It was a bit intimidating at the beginning. I first asked the sales rep the silly question about how is the gear shifting (up or down), to which he mentioned, first down and the rest are up. Also he informed me about the test ride route, which was just a quarter of a kilometer. I mentioned to him that I wanted a longer ride around 5-6 kms, on open road, to which he readily agreed. The test ride would be incomplete if I am not able to engage the 6th gear.

Got onto the saddle, being 5'10" in height, didn't have to tip-toe that much. I started the bike. The odo cable was disconnected, so could not make out what speeds the bike was doing, but I could I least see the engaged gear. The pick-up in first gear is awesome & it is really tall. 2nd and 3rd gears are comparatively shorter. I could go over decent sized speed breakers in 3rd gear itself, no need to downshift to 2nd. I noticed one strange behavior. When I downshifted from 5th to 4th, then bike stalled. Same thing happened when I downshifted from 4th to 3rd. I was clueless. When told to the sales rep, he told me probably this could be due to the low fuel level. I had moved the accelerator at zero position while downshiting, when this happened. After that I never brought it to zero position, & the bike didn't stall while downshifting. The acceleration of this adv is maddening. I can only imagine what a 390 would be like. Open roads and highways is where this bike belongs. Didn't get a chance to take if off-road. But I am sure it can easily conquer any off-road, trail due to its build quality, the bike feels like a tank.

Overall I came impressed after the test ride. I went to the stock yard to see the blue colored bike. The matte blue is awesome, the orange is not bad either, that is also matte finish. Yes, they have 2 blues and one orange in stock, so delivery would be immediate on making full payment. Booking amount is just Rs 1000/- (fully refundable).

Price break-up is as below:
Ex. showroom - 2,34,906
R.T.O. - 28,356
Insurance Zero Dep - 13,049
On Road Price - 2,76,311

I am not cutting the cheque just yet in favor of this KTM, unless I have tested the CB300R, which is scheduled for next weekend in the brand new Honda BigWing PCMC showroom at Moshi that is scheduled to be inaugurated on 25-Feb. Also the X-Pulse has come into play, so want to test ride that as well.

Some pics of the bike.
KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220217-12.52.33-pm-1.jpeg

KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220217-12.52.33-pm-2.jpeg

KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220217-12.52.33-pm-3.jpeg

KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220217-12.52.33-pm.jpeg

KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20220217-12.52.33-pm-4.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 14:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

Congrats AutoIndian on the booking. Blue does look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

The acceleration of this adv is maddening. I can only imagine what a 390 would be like. Open roads and highways is where this bike belongs.
Overall I came impressed after the test ride.
Mind sharing which bike are you upgrading from? I guess the acceleration feel depends a lot on our previous ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

I am not cutting the cheque just yet in favor of this KTM, unless I have tested the CB300R, which is scheduled for next weekend in the brand new Honda BigWing PCMC showroom at Moshi that is scheduled to be inaugurated on 25-Feb. Also the X-Pulse has come into play, so want to test ride that as well.
Wow that's a wide range from 1.5L X-pulse to ~3L CB300R.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 14:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congrats AutoIndian on the booking. Blue does look good
Thanks SoumenD, but I have not booked the bike yet. Since the bike is readily available, I don't want to commit to the KTM just yet by paying the booking amount. I can go & just pick up the bike, if ever I make up my mind for this KTM. I just got the quotation and the sales rep was very honest is showing me the bikes in stock. He didn't even press me to pay the booking amount.

Quote:
Mind sharing which bike are you upgrading from? I guess the acceleration feel depends a lot on our previous ride.
True, if you look at my signature, you can see that I am bike-less. I owned and rode a Bajaj Caliber from 1998 to 2017, however since last 4-5 years I have not ridden any bike. Use my Dad's Wego for any errands. Mostly its my bicycle that I use to go for vegetable/fruits/groceries shopping. I am definitely not comparing the acceleration of a Wego with KTM, but the others that I have ridden (e.g. Honda Hornet, Bajaj Avenger, Yamaha FZ etc.)

Quote:
Wow that's a wide range from 1.5L X-pulse to ~3L CB300R.
My main intention of getting a bike is to be able to do day trips/rides in the Western ghats, trekking on forts, sight seeing dams, rivers, waterfalls etc. I want to explore new roads, where I can plan cycle rides as well. If bike is capable of long distance touring, then that's an added advantage. Last year I was waiting for some good electric bike with a range of 150-200km, but I don't see that coming any time soon. I have paid the booking amount of Rs 999/- for Torq Kratos. I was/am interested in the Ultraviolet F77 as well. But donno when these bikes will see the light of the day. Moreover the electric bikes are more suited for daily commutes or max to max 100 km rides, till such time that charging infra gets developed and established. I am sure when I get hooked to riding, I won't restrict myself to 100 kms and would invariably go beyond, so for now an ICE bike makes more sense. Up next I would like to try my hand at Hero X-Pulse and Honda CB300R.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks