Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2022, 14:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: KTM 250 Adventure, launched at Rs. 2.48 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

My main intention of getting a bike is to be able to do day trips/rides in the Western ghats, trekking on forts, sight seeing dams, rivers, waterfalls etc.
I don't think the CB300 will be comfortable on long rides, since the footpegs are rear set and the riding stance being a bit on the sporty side. The Xpulse or the 250 mite suit your requirement.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 15:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I don't think the CB300 will be comfortable on long rides, since the footpegs are rear set and the riding stance being a bit on the sporty side. The Xpulse or the 250 mite suit your requirement.
You might be probably right rakesh_r. However I don't want to rule out the CB300R. I like sporty stance, but not the committed position e.g. that of Yamaha R15 or the TVS RR310. X-Pulse, only drawback I see is that it has tubed tyres on spoked rims, but that is meant to make off-roading comfortable and possible in the first place. I am not a hard-core off roader, but my bike should be easily able to tackle the bad roads/ no roads thrown at her when going to remote places.
Old 17th February 2022, 15:47   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I just finished a 1000 km ride on my CB300R from Bengaluru to Kochi via Madikeri, Masinagudi, Malampuzha and Munnar. I found the CB300R very comfortable during the ride.

I do not find the pegs rear set nor the riding angle sporty. The pegs and posture are suited for erect riding. I also have a CBR250R where the pegs are somewhat rear set and the riding angle is sporty and the difference with the CB300R is stark. The only problem with the CB300R on long rides is that the exhaust sweeps up and so the saddlebags have to be tied in such a way that the right one is clear of the exhaust.

Last edited by bevivek : 17th February 2022 at 15:53. Reason: Minor edits
bevivek is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 20:20   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

My main intention of getting a bike is to be able to do day trips/rides in the Western ghats, trekking on forts, sight seeing dams, rivers, waterfalls etc. I want to explore new roads, where I can plan cycle rides as well. If bike is capable of long distance touring, then that's an added advantage. ...Up next I would like to try my hand at Hero X-Pulse and Honda CB300R.
I think the CB300R is well capable of such rides. I rode my bike to Munnar and the bike was happy in the twisties since it is light and flickable.

It can take dirt tracks but it is however not an off road bike so if such roads are your primary target perhaps you should look at adventure bikes of which we now have a fair amount of choice from the Hero Xpulse to the RE Himalayan to the new Yezdi Adventure and of course pricier options like the KTM Adventure.

But if city riding plus day rides are your thing, the CB300R is a good choice.
bevivek is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks