Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2021, 20:42   #196
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Chetak electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 1 lakh

Not a good idea IMHO. Buyers are bound to feel cheated to pay a whopping 27k more for same scooter.

Also, I was hoping electric scooters will be at par with current scooter pricing if not cheaper due to govt. subsidies. If the normal scooters are going to be this expensive, we have lost the plot of slowly tuning the mode of transportation to electric. Period. i.e. till someone decides to come up with cheaper alternative and a good product.
Old 17th July 2021, 13:29   #197
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Auto has opened bookings for its Chetak electric scooter, exclusively in Nagpur today for Rs 2,000.

Bajaj Chetak electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 1 lakh-20210717_132754.jpg

The Chetak EV has an ex-showroom price starting Rs 142,998 in Nagpur.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 17th July 2021 at 13:41.
Old 4th September 2021, 21:54   #198
BHPian

It looks like Bajaj has now applied for the FAME II subsidy and getting Rs 45,000 as subsidy. But they have increased the ex-showroom pricing drastically to milk the entire subsidy amount themselves instead of passing it onto customers.

This is what I feared the most when the Ather announced 450X at a much higher price than 450. Despite huge subsidies and tax cuts, companies continue to do as little as possible in the EV market.

Initial pricing at the launch:

Bajaj Chetak electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 1 lakh-chetak_old.jpeg

Current pricing:

Bajaj Chetak electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 1 lakh-chetak2.jpg
sri_tesla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 11:49   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
It looks like Bajaj has now applied for the FAME II subsidy and getting Rs 45,000 as subsidy. But they have increased the ex-showroom pricing drastically to milk the entire subsidy amount themselves instead of passing it onto customers.
This will definitely come back to bite Bajaj in the long run. The Chetak, while good is nowhere as good as the Ather or Ola S1.

Commanding the same price or more will only help the competition more. Why increase the price so much that the subsidy to enhance customer interest is lost.

Does the government have no say in this? I am sure the input costs have gone up due to supply chain disruptions, but such a price hike cannot be justified.
Old 9th October 2023, 09:54   #200
BHPian

Hello everyone, this thread being inactive for so long, plus no ownership reviews on TeamBhp is not a good sign for Chetak and me personally, as I was looking to buy an electric scooter.

I have a 2009 Aviator, and my monthly running has crossed upwards of 2500 Rs. in petrol bills, and it's feels a good time to switch to EV.

The scooter will be used by me, and my Dad (58 yo) and occasionally by my mom as well, and I want an extremely simple point A to point B scooter, I don't need the music, online navigation, 100 modes and other electronic wizardry.

Hence, the iQube base variant and Chetak are the only two scooters in consideration, unless someone like River Indie launches their product in Mumbai fast, with support.

Members please advice, Chetak is the best looking scooter, and we all have fallen head over heals for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks