Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Old 11th March 2020, 13:40   #46
BHPian

Default Re: My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero View Post
Meanwhile heromotors is asking for user details on twitter for people who are reporting the ABS issue. If you are facing this issue. I request everyone to ping them asap.
Thanks, I did it as soon as I saw your post day before yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
If anyone here has received a feedback from Hero till now, kindly share.
Received a call from the dealership today so the guy on phone already knew why the complaint was raised. He assured me that he will order a new ABS unit for me and will let me know once it gets delivered. There was no mention of words like 'recall' or 'replacement'. I did ask him whether or not they are supposed to replace the ATE ABS unit with the MiniMAB ABS unit on all Xpulse units sold by them and not just mine to which there was no firm reply.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 10:54   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero View Post
Then he tells me that the Hero RideGuide app is extremely buggy as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
Yes, the navigation sucks. Outside city limits, most of the times it just keeps reconnecting forever until you stop - disconnect - reconnect manually.

Lastly, I'd like to add that although the USB charger is a nice feature, there's not much space to keep the cellphone (especially given the ever increasing size) and the size of the storage unit could've been a bit more to accommodate.
While the app is lousy to put it mildly, I think the issues you guys are facing are down to Android (assuming you are trying on Android device) and not the app.

Go to Settings (phone settings)> Installed Apps / Manage Apps > Hero Ride Guide > Battery Saver > Select 'No restriction'

Android limits the power an app can use in background which messes with the GPS usage. Try this and the problem should go away.

About the USB port, the current output is way too low for it to be usable for anything other than an emergency. True about it not being safe to keep a Lithium Ion battery there in a closed compartment as well.

Apart from that, all valid observations. My experience with Hero workshop was pretty similar. Mechanics are eager to jump on the motorcycle and one gets sort of a priority treatment, which is pleasantly nice. My other ride is also a Duke 390 and I find the seat on Xpulse much less comfortable over anything more than 120-130 kms.

I am close to 6'3 and the low seat (relative to footpegs) makes it a little uncomfortable. Getting the rally seat as soon as it is available. The handle also feels low when standing up so the risers are also coming for sure. Have also asked the local Hero workshop to get the main stand as it would make fixing punctures easier.

I don't have a lot of experience with tube tyres except for a Thunderbird for like 17-18K kms. I was considering keeping a spare tube tucked under the seat for sticky situations outside city but not sure what size to pick with the wheels being 21 and 18. Any suggestions?
motonomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonomad View Post
I think the issues you guys are facing are down to Android (assuming you are trying on Android device) and not the app.
That's quite possible. I'll try the solution suggested by you and check if it works better.

Quote:
I was considering keeping a spare tube tucked under the seat for sticky situations outside city but not sure what size to pick with the wheels being 21 and 18. Any suggestions?
If it's only for getting out of situations, a 21" front tube is all you need. It can fit the 18" rear and easily get the job done for ~100kms. There are cases where people have used this setup for 1200kms+ and there are cases where this has failed within 50kms as well. So I'll say this setup is only for emergencies, one can always carry both the tubes when going for a long ride.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 13:54   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
If it's only for getting out of situations, a 21" front tube is all you need.
Yes I meant for getting out of situations only, like leaving a backup tube there for occasional trips of 200 kms I have to take to my hometown. Will carry the right sizes obviously for longer trips but I guess I would stick to the Duke 390 if it is going to be on highways. The possibility that I see with the Xpulse is to load it up on a train and send it someplace to go around, something I was not comfortable doing with the D390. All the bumpy but beautiful sections I omitted with the D390 are gonna get covered starting now. The highways get boring eventually anyway on a slow motorcycle.
Old 3rd April 2020, 08:47   #50

Hello, fellow riders
A little introduction about myself before we get into the topic right away. I'm a mechanical engineer from Bangalore, also an avid follower of T-BHP since my college days. Around 2019 I started looking for a bike to hit some trails on weekends, initially planned on buying a used Impulse and modify it along the way to suit my needs and preference. Meanwhile, Hero had announced it would be launching the new Xpulse and my friend convinced me to take a look at it. One of the major problems with the Impulse was lack of spares and most used bikes were abused.
Around May 2019 we test rode a bike and I was convinced with the bike though it wasn't as agile as Impulse, braking, and the suspension were better than Impulse. Impulse vs Xpulse is a big debatable topic as impulse chassis is perfect for off-roading since it was developed by Honda, on the other Xpulse shares its chassis with Karizma and is a huge mix and match of parts from Hero.
My friend picked up the first bike in Karnataka and I got to experience it for a couple of months before I take a leap into buying one. Since I got more time to review the bike for a long time, it grew on me.

Then I got busy with work and by the end of 2019, I decided to buy one since it was year-end I thought I'll buy a 2020 model and went to SAI MOTORS Banashankari and found out all the 2020 model bikes would be BS6 and will be available after March 2020, So I bought a 2019 bike, took delivery on 27th of January 2020. Ex-showroom price was about 1,06,000L, Road taxes, and 5-year comprehensive insurance the total came to 1,41,000L.

• Most affordable soft off-roader in the segment.
  • Fuel Injection is controlled by Keihin ECU is excellent and efficient. It is also a closed-loop system with Lamda(O2 sensor).
  • Easy to maintain, Easy availability of spares.
  • Availiblity of rally kit, will be upgrading to fully adjustable suspensions as soon as it is available (stock suspension is too soft for my liking).
  • 21 Inch front and 18 inch rear wheels are just perfect for city and off-road use (most dual-sport/dirtbike come with the same setup).
  • Decent Ergonomics and handling.
  • Multi-function display is good and readable.
Dislikes
  • ABS has a major calibration issue, every time I hit a road bump or pothole or the front wheel is off the ground it kicks on the ABS pump and jams the front brake lever.
  • Multi-function display has turn by turn navigation which can be connected to the phone via Bluetooth but it is very slow rendering useless.
  • Also MFD has a gear shift indicator that is not connected to any sensor, it works with the ECU which calculates gear according to wheel speed, my friend's bike has a different sprocket so the gear indicator reads a gear higher or so.
  • Hero could have done a better job with the wiring, most of the wiring ends are wrapped with insulation tape which unwraps itself over a period of time.
  • LED Headlight isn't good enough for highway use.
  • WIth a Kerb weight of 154 Kgs and 12-13 hp the bike feels underpowered, but I'm very much enjoying it apart from doing some top speed runs.
My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-aa0e82054a564672a75fca14fa23956f.jpg

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-img7437.jpg

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-img7453.jpg

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-img7456.jpg

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-img7457.jpg

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-img7458.jpg
SpeedPsych is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th April 2020, 17:07   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedPsych View Post
Dislikes
  • Multi-function display has turn by turn navigation which can be connected to the phone via Bluetooth but it is very slow rendering useless.
  • Hero could have done a better job with the wiring, most of the wiring ends are wrapped with insulation tape which unwraps itself over a period of time.
Likely because of power usage restrictions on the app. Try the method I shared previously and see if it fixes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonomad View Post
I think the issues you guys are facing are down to Android (assuming you are trying on Android device) and not the app.

Go to Settings (phone settings)> Installed Apps / Manage Apps > Hero Ride Guide > Battery Saver > Select 'No restriction'

Android limits the power an app can use in background which messes with the GPS usage. Try this and the problem should go away.
Also true about the wires, I was pissed when I saw the insulation on the wires of O2 sensor, then noticed it was the same everywhere on all the motorcycles. Couple of other rough edges too.
But then I told myself that it has 5 year warranty and it is their problem, not mine till then, in any case it is not my primary vehicle and service is cheap so I can live with any time it spends in the workshop if these issues cause any trouble.

Most Viewed