Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:46   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hello Adv Owners,

Anyone already ordered them or are interested in them can share their feedback.

Happy exploring,
surjaonwheelz
Waiting for better rack designs. Not happy with anything on offer yet. Happy with the stock crash guard, this is a light motorcycle and i want to keep it that way.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-00100lrportrait_00100_burst20200616103659429_cover.jpg
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:51   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
Update on engine stall/cutoff : Today it happened again at 50kmph with QS switched off. So this could be something unrelated to QS ? I should be taking the bike to the service centre in the next few days. I'll keep this thread updated
After 1st service
1. The engine is super smooth and starts showing KTM's super quick response.
2. The gearbox is smoother. I'm still having trouble finding the neutral - I just need to get used to it.
3. Quick shifter has gotten better.
4. Fuel Pipe and Front Brake Caliper bolts have been updated.
5. Software updated to version 1V07

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_20200617_150344.jpg

Have to hit a trail soon.

On the engine stall, they updated the fuel pipe, checked and cleaned the fuel injector, connectors, purge valve and sparkplug. I went for 100 kms test and it hasn't stalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Waiting for better rack designs. Not happy with anything on offer yet. Happy with the stock crash guard, this is a light motorcycle and i want to keep it that way.
I hope to see options using the groves under the pillion seat. I think the official KTM travel luggage system uses it.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_20200623_103837.jpg
TuxDiesel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:16   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Super Trails Tuesday

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-00000portrait_00000_burst2020062307481093501.jpeg
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 19:06   #244
BHPian

I have decided to go for the KTM Adv 390.

So today at the KTM showroom, they have two 390Adv machines, one white and one orange. The white one has 12km on the odo, and the orange one has 22km on the odo. I'm leaning towards the orange but dont you think that 22km for a new bike is a bit much? The salesman also told me that he doesn't know when the new stock will come in as supply chains are hurt due to the virus.

Also, I noticed that most companies offer 5 year warranty on parts, but KTM is offering 30,000km/2 year warranty. This took me back a little. Any thoughts about this? I don't wanna be spending a bomb on parts after 2 years, since I intend to keep the bike for long.

The dealership is giving me a final price of 3,51,650/- INR. This is including 0 dep third party insurance, doesn't include helmet. Is this offer good?
nutcracker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 20:50   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
I have decided to go for the KTM Adv 390.
22 km is little high but you can ask dealer about the reason, his response should give you a fair idea.

30k/ 2 yr is standard warranty on ktm. It is disappointing that they don't offer extended warranty yet and shows their confidence in their own product. Since KTMs are known to throw a surprise every now and then, I wouldn't blame company though. They know what they are selling
It is cheaper to maintain than a Kawasaki 300/ BMW 310, more or less equivalent to Yamaha R3 (not comparing quality, just the service costs etc). Parts do not cost a bomb but reliability is a concern. I have been lucky till now - 3 years/ 35k kms, no major complaints.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 20:58   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The dealership is giving me a final price of 3,51,650/- INR. This is including 0 dep third party insurance, doesn't include helmet. Is this offer good?
Why dont you visit other KTM dealers? IN Bangalore there are about 6-8 dealers across the city, I think even more. Go look at all the bikes and choose the one you like best, and then work out the final pricing. You dont have to go back to the dealer you bought from to service the bike. The service center is independent of the buying delaer/experience.
Old 24th June 2020, 21:20   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
22 km is little high but you can ask dealer about the reason, his response should give you a fair idea.

30k/ 2 yr is standard warranty on ktm. It is disappointing that they don't offer extended warranty yet and shows their confidence in their own product. Since KTMs are known to throw a surprise every now and then, I wouldn't blame company though. They know what they are selling
It is cheaper to maintain than a Kawasaki 300/ BMW 310, more or less equivalent to Yamaha R3 (not comparing quality, just the service costs etc). Parts do not cost a bomb but reliability is a concern. I have been lucky till now - 3 years/ 35k kms, no major complaints.
Beautifully put. I think the general consensus about the 390Adv is that it is light on the pocket to maintain.
The dealer said that there was a problem in the tuning of the Orange 390Adv to so it had to take a trip to the workshop.

Quote:
Why dont you visit other KTM dealers? IN Bangalore there are about 6-8 dealers across the city, I think even more. Go look at all the bikes and choose the one you like best, and then work out the final pricing. You dont have to go back to the dealer you bought from to service the bike. The service center is independent of the buying delaer/experience.
I've visited two at the moment. One wont budge from the listed price. Will look for some more. It's just that I have to travel to meet them and I'm avoiding going out much.

Last edited by nutcracker : 24th June 2020 at 21:23.
Old 27th June 2020, 01:49   #248
BHPian

Today I took the delivery of a white KTM 390 Adventure.
The salesman was a newbie and didn't tell me anything about how to ride during burn-in. Didn't even explain to me all the features like QuickShift.
Also, I only got a small booklet with the bike. No service book like how you get in cars. No manual. Has it been the same for all?
nutcracker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 07:00   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today I took the delivery of a white KTM 390 Adventure.
The salesman was a newbie and didn't tell me anything about how to ride during burn-in. Didn't even explain to me all the features like QuickShift.
Also, I only got a small booklet with the bike. No service book like how you get in cars. No manual. Has it been the same for all?
Congratulations. Yes, its been the same for most of us. Follow the manual and you should be set. Good luck!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 15:40   #250
BHPian

Here's a picture of the bike standing outside my house. Got the white colour as it is less common, and goes well during corporate outings. It is definitely a looker. Ridden about 25 kms around my neighbourhood till now (Licence plate yet to arrive) and 3-4 times people have asked me about the bike.

Somehow, the confidence with which I was riding the test bike was amazing. With the new onw, I dont feel as much in control. Maybe because its a new bike and the internals need to open themselves up. Does anybody have the same experience as mine? I was accelerating the test bike very nicely, and it wasnt stalling. My new bike stalls at low rpms. I was handling the test bike very nimbly too. With this, I'm a little hesitant.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_3878.jpg  

Last edited by nutcracker : 27th June 2020 at 15:45.
Old 27th June 2020, 19:21   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ New brakes, new tyres, new fluids, stiffer engine, and a new bike to you are all factors not to be discounted. Take it easy, understand the bike, bed in the tyres and the brakes. Your bike will open up after you change your engine oil during your first service.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 18:55   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Had to step back quite away to get this

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_20200628_103000_970.jpg
Red Liner is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 17:49   #253
BHPian

I do not see the "Quickshift" controls on my 390 Adv that I bought 3 days back.
Has the ECU update changed this for anyone?
If so, where do I find the Quickshift On/Off setting?
Old 29th June 2020, 18:14   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxDiesel View Post
4. Fuel Pipe and Front Brake Caliper bolts have been updated.
5. Software updated to version 1V07

On the engine stall, they updated the fuel pipe, checked and cleaned the fuel injector, connectors, purge valve and sparkplug. I went for 100 kms test and it hasn't stalled
Quote:
Maybe because its a new bike and the internals need to open themselves up. Does anybody have the same experience as mine? I was accelerating the test bike very nicely, and it wasnt stalling. My new bike stalls at low rpms. I was handling the test bike very nimbly too. With this, I'm a little hesitant.
Maybe related to what fellow member @TuxDiesel had posted above. Perhaps you can check with the service center if your bike comes with the updated fuel pipe setup from factory if you feel that it might be the cause here.
Old 29th June 2020, 18:21   #255
BANNED

Quote:
Do make sure to use a dab of threadlocker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks