Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 14:38   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
The point is whether the rusting is common in the area of this Youtuber because of climate or is it CB 350 specific. I checked mine and found no rusting in those areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I am sure NH08 was saying that sarcastically as an auditor, his mandate is to look for mistakes, but the vlogger outsmarted him by finding a fault (which may not even exist).
Girish, NH08 was definitely being sarcastic in the first paragraph of his post. I am referring to the second paragraph (quoted above) in which he is referring to the rusting as if it may exist (without any proof) by actually checking his own bike.

I understand it can be a natural reaction to check your own bike and that’s exactly why these (some not all) so called reviewers who talk without evidence should be put in their place. They are spreading negativity and nonsense for their own gain.

On a side note, please share how much time it took for getting your number (after delivery?) and the time frame for getting the HSRP after getting the number.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 25th November 2020 at 14:44. Reason: Adding text
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 15:44   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
On a side note, please share how much time it took for getting your number (after delivery?) and the time frame for getting the HSRP after getting the number.

Cheers
I got the number through SMS from RTO the next working day. Actually received the tax receipt information on Saturday and registration number on Monday afternoon, that is the next day. Its the HSRP number plate from the dealership which will take a week.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 22:19   #648
Distinguished - BHPian

I dropped into the Cochin Big Wing dealership to check on the current status of CB350 bookings and deliveries.
- Work at the dealership is almost over, they have kept several bikes in the showroom for display.
- All colours are on display except for the green one which they dont have in stock as of now.
- Until this showroom is inaugurated, test rides, sales and deliveries will continue from the existing non Big Wing showroom at Janatha.
- Some deliveries have happened already but the numbers are likely to very low, I have seen the CB350 just once so far on Cochin's roads.
- The new showroom is using the big plot adjacent to it to store the CB350 bikes lined up for deliveries.
- There must have been at least 50 units of the CB350 waiting for delivery. All bikes are against confirmed bookings. If you have booked your already, what are you waiting for? Keep calling them to ask if your bike has arrived!
- Pricing for the base model is Rs 2.2L on road and Rs 2.28 for the DLX version.
- 30 days waiting period as of now.
- No news of any other launches (I specifically asked about the CB500X !!!!) at this point of time.
- The massive Ducati V4 poster has finally been removed. Im guessing a Fireblade or Africa Twin poster will go up in its place.
- I would guess that the showroom will be functional in a week's time, at most.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20201125_165755.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20201125_170011_hdr.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20201125_170019.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 09:29   #649
Senior - BHPian

I've slowly started enjoying solo rides. Few days back I'd been to a reservoir, and the narrow stretch was accessible only by bike. You can see the lush greenery and tumbling water in the background
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_0690.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 26th November 2020 at 09:56.
Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 12:19   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- Some deliveries have happened already but the numbers are likely to very low, I have seen the CB350 just once so far on Cochin's roads.
- There must have been at least 50 units of the CB350 waiting for delivery. All bikes are against confirmed bookings. If you have booked your already, what are you waiting for? Keep calling them to ask if your bike has arrived!
I had booked mine on 10th October and till date no news from the dealer nor does Honda has any clue. Called the dealership few times but the response was really unacceptable for Honda dealership or for a premium vehicle as they portray. So I let it rest until they get over the initial fame (where customers need them) and wait until they “need” customers.
Jo-G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 12:26   #651
Senior - BHPian

What's your preferred colour? If its Green, the wait is long. Black (Dual tone) is faster. The demand is real and will sustain over next year, till CB500 comes along
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
I had booked mine on 10th October and till date no news from the dealer nor does Honda has any clue. Called the dealership few times but the response was really unacceptable for Honda dealership or for a premium vehicle as they portray. So I let it rest until they get over the initial fame (where customers need them) and wait until they “need” customers.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 12:39   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Which place? Bangalore, the deliveries are happening within a week.
Old 26th November 2020, 12:48   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jo-G, having seen how things are on the ground, I am very confident that the moment the inauguration date for the new Big Wing dealership gets set, you will get frantic calls asking you to be prepared for delivery! It appears as though Honda and / or EVM is stalling until they can set things in place. This will also explain why there arent (m)any CB350s to be seen anywhere around town.
Old 26th November 2020, 13:32   #654
BHPian

First Autocar and now PowerDrift. CB350 must be the first bike to feature in a comparo before its standalone test or review!

Something to do with Honda not issuing media test bikes?

texmonster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 13:33   #655
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
First Autocar and now PowerDrift.
One of the first mainstream comparisons, and it is not going to be easy for the Honda. RE seems to have the better engine, while running it close for everything else - despite the semi cruiser format of the Meteor.

Looks like the new Classic 350 will be the one to actually watch out for!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 13:54   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
What's your preferred colour?
Matte Black Dlx Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Which place?
Kochi Big Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I am very confident that the moment the inauguration date for the new Big Wing dealership gets set, you will get frantic calls asking you to be prepared for delivery! It appears as though Honda and / or EVM is stalling until they can set things in place.
Probably they are trying for a "venturimeter" effect around Christmas. In that case I better wait until January 2021. I was told by Honda over a call (post booking) that I would get my bike by end of October or 1st week of November. When I enquired, on 10th November, they really surprised me with their attitude, as if I did a big mistake booking it. Anyways cant help but suffer with culturally unchangeable, basic customer service attitudes of people who compares with RE which I consider very sub-standard (maybe my expectations are high, having worked all life in customer service in global capacity)
Old 26th November 2020, 16:55   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One of the first mainstream comparisons, and it is not going to be easy for the Honda. RE seems to have the better engine, while running it close for everything else - despite the semi cruiser format of the Meteor.

Looks like the new Classic 350 will be the one to actually watch out for!
Any idea when it's coming?
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 18:46   #658
BHPian

Zigwheels has put up a video on how PD's Shumi feels about CB350:

texmonster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 20:28   #659
Senior - BHPian

The underwhelming tone of both the videos kinda hints that RE has upped it's game and the Honda is delivering just enough but not more.

Understandably also, it's difficult nowadays to get "blown away" excited by 20 bhp bikes, so part of the matter of fact tone comes from that. I think.

But o my khodaiji man, that has to be the ugliest heel toe shifter ever designed. Chop chop!!!

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 08:31   #660
Senior - BHPian

Honda lost an opportunity here in the process of "I launched before you".

They are still not ready and I feel they preponed this launch atleast a year in advance.

RE being the leader, knows how to strike a chord with riding junta and brilliant marketing campaign. Also noteworthy is the fact that bikes are available in every dealership around the country and every youtuber out there has been given a bike for few days to get a feel(shows the confidence).

Honda sould have atleast built the hype and excitement by running test mules and better marketing and sort out sales network before finally launching next summer.

Mind you, this Honda will be a benchmark in refinement in the category but people won't mind an RE which is 90% of the same with added benefits like service network, rider groups and events and campaigns to keep them excited.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks