Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2021, 17:20   #796
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Congratulations. I badly wanted this color but in pro version. Ultimately went with glossy black because of the double horn which is so much required for people and animals in this part of the country.

I am also waiting for that twin.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 20:48   #797
Senior - BHPian

Honda is slowly but surely pulling people to long rides. Today there was a 180 Kms ride towards Hassan, and some great food to boot. Over 120 owners participated enthusiastically. Noticed that few of the riders had gone to town with accessory mods. Honda should release as many accessories as they can to tap into this latent market
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_6791.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_6792.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_6777.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_6779.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_6781.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_6782.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 00:00   #798
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Noticed that few of the riders had gone to town with accessory mods. t
101 of Hauling Luggage on Motorcycles: Leverage is never your friend!

That top rack is installed on a poorly designed rack. If the owner intends on hauling some serious luggage then it's a recipe for disaster.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 06:58   #799
Senior - BHPian

You're right but there are no choices in the market for the CB 350, and that is my point. There is latent demand but no one is addressing it. I'm waiting for a Givi/Zana/Chad/Carbon Racing to introduce something sturdy and tested
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
101 of Hauling Luggage on Motorcycles: Leverage is never your friend! That top rack is installed on a poorly designed rack. If the owner intends on hauling some serious luggage then it's a recipe for disaster.
Old 25th January 2021, 21:02   #800
BHPian

Looks like I have to forget owning this Honda. Another big let down by the BigWing Kochi today after waiting 3 months, and wasting a day today to go there to pay full amount and collect my bike (booked in early October 2020) by weekend. Was thrilled from morning thinking that finally I will get to see the bike and own it this week.
1. Staff there dont have the basic idea of customer service.
2. Staff dont have any clue of what they are there for. Just a bunch of kids having fun and enjoying life at someone else's expense.
3. Nobody to assist you or offer a test ride, everything handed over to a poor security guy who is going mad with offering test rides to every Tom, Dick and Harry passing by.
4. Honda should be truly ashamed of this outlet. (Compared to the experience I had at their outlet I walked in at Bangalore - Lavelle Road)

Not sure if the Honda management is aware how their premium outlets are functioning. Probably they are too busy finding new partners across the country and dont care as they expect their vehicles to compensate all the shortcomings, rudeness, or pathetic services from their partners.

-A dejected Honda lover
Jo-G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 21:09   #801
BHPian

I think you should tweet Big wing india , and bring this to their attention.

https://twitter.com/BigWingIndia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post

Not sure if the Honda management is aware how their premium outlets are functioning. Probably they are too busy finding new partners across the country and dont care as they expect their vehicles to compensate all the shortcomings, rudeness, or pathetic services from their partners.

-A dejected Honda lover
Old 25th January 2021, 22:18   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I think you should tweet Big wing india , and bring this to their attention
Well I think they are least bothered, you get to know the way they respond when contacted, they just try to beat around the bush and after long discussions asking your entire biodata will ask you to contact the dealership. Does anyone here know if we can transfer a booking from one dealer to another? Else, I may need to cancel the booking and go for Meteor as their customer service has improved thousand folds from interceptor days. They make you feel welcome and offer services and advices, have enough and more information about their products, accessories and the formalities of the RTOs.
Old 25th January 2021, 22:53   #803
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I have to forget owning this Honda. Another big let down by the BigWing
What happened exactly ? Didn’t they contact you when your bike arrived ? Sorry if I missed that from your post
Old 25th January 2021, 23:30   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Else, I may need to cancel the booking and go for Meteor as their customer service has improved thousand folds from interceptor days. They make you feel welcome and offer services and advices, have enough and more information about their products, accessories and the formalities of the RTOs.
Hey. I understand your frustration completely. But I'm sure you put in a lot of thought before finalizing on your choice of bike. You've already waited for so long, try to escalate this at Honda and see if you can get a solution.

Couple of reason why I'm saying this:
  1. I recently booked a Meteor about a week ago, and the waiting period is easily 3-4 months for the Meteor as well.
  2. I'm a first time Enfield buyer, but while I see you appreciating Enfield support, I see so many prospective Meteor customer crying about pathetic service from RE on various other social media

In the end, obviously you're the one who knows what's best for you. But, don't take any decision by just your heart. Remember, grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 25th January 2021, 23:37   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
What happened exactly ?
I contacted them many times for an update since end of October (which was the time I was told that I would get the bike or 1st week of November) but every time they were either not receptive or responsive but in between due to my pestering and may be to pacify me one guy asked me for address proof (in Kerala) for which I sent my driving license. After that all my calls to Honda and dealership were either unattended or passed on to another number who again was either non responsive or shunted to another number. Finally 2 weeks back when I called they said the bike is in Transit and last week when i called again, they called back and said i can come this week and pay the money to collect the vehicle. They also send me an sms giving the exact amount I need to pay. So, I went there today to pay the entire amount, and extra for the accessories like the tank rubber pad, guards, split seats, etc... Waited there for almost an hour and thought will do a test drive while waiting which also did not happen due to the unpleasant situation explained above. Then someone comes and asks for documents (which was not told at anytime in any conversation) then I gave my driving license (which was renewed in Dec2020) and they mention i need to give a letter from the village office mentioning that i am a domicile of that address. I had travelled 80kms all the way to the only nearest bigwing showroom available to book it then (Oct2020). I feel that online bookings get the least priority over walkin bookings for Honda in digital India (as they think people who book without seeing the bike are just stupid idiots)
Jo-G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 00:03   #806

Quote:
Does anyone here know if we can transfer a booking from one dealer to another? Else, I may need to cancel the booking and go for Meteor as their customer service has improved thousand folds from interceptor days.
They don't let you transfer a booking from one dealer to another. You will have to cancel your current booking and make another one at a different dealer.
You can cancel your booking from the Honda BigWing website and they will initiate the refund. You will have to go and collect the cheque from the dealership after around a week.

Quote:
I feel that online bookings get the least priority over walkin bookings for Honda in digital India (as they think people who book without seeing the bike are just stupid idiots)
I felt the same. I booked mine from the Honda BigWing website and selected the Honda Topline Andheri dealer. I immediately got a call from a SA asking about my details and he promised that I'd get a 2021 manufactured bike in 10-15 days. He sent me the quotation over WhatsApp and I noticed they are charging around 5000 bucks extra for the registration. When I inquired about this with the SA, his reply was "Sir, this a normal charge." I contacted the Vihaan Honda dealership in Thane and asked for the quotation and they were not charging any surplus amount on the registration. There was a total price difference of around 6000 bucks between the Andheri dealership and Thane dealership. After a lot of calls to the SA at Andheri I decided to cancel my booking as they were not interested to explain the extra cost and were very rude too.
Plus the Thane dealership told me that Honda will dispatch the 2021 manufactured models by January end and customers would get them by February 1st week. So the Andheri dealer might be lying and just wanted to clear his 2020 stock by promising 2021 manufactured bike in 10 days.
I booked the bike from Thane dealership and he promised delivery by 1st week of Feb.
Aryansood295 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 00:12   #807
BHPian

Quote:
I contacted them many times for an update since end of October (which was the time I was told that I would get the bike or 1st week of November) but every time they were either not receptive or responsive but in between due to my pestering and may be to pacify me one guy asked me for address proof (in Kerala) for which I sent my driving license. After that all my calls to Honda and dealership were either unattended or passed on to another number who again was either non responsive or shunted to another number. Finally 2 weeks back when I called they said the bike is in Transit and last week when i called again, they called back and said i can come this week and pay the money to collect the vehicle. They also send me an sms giving the exact amount I need to pay. So, I went there today to pay the entire amount, and extra for the accessories like the tank rubber pad, guards, split seats, etc... Waited there for almost an hour and thought will do a test drive while waiting which also did not happen due to the unpleasant situation explained above. Then someone comes and asks for documents (which was not told at anytime in any conversation) then I gave my driving license (which was renewed in Dec2020) and they mention i need to give a letter from the village office mentioning that i am a domicile of that address. I had travelled 80kms all the way to the only nearest bigwing showroom available to book it then (Oct2020). I feel that online bookings get the least priority over walkin bookings for Honda in digital India (as they think people who book without seeing the bike are just stupid idiots)
I can understand your frustration as i am pretty much undergoing the same, as the delivery of my meteor is taking a long time. Having said this, i feel you should escalate your concerns and report to Honda. May be use the social media platform to voice your concerns (Twitter) and hope for quick redressal of your concerns. You having waited for so long, it is only fair you wait a bit more and get the bike of your choice and not let this hamper your decision.
Old 26th January 2021, 00:14   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniedPo View Post
You've already waited for so long, try to escalate this at Honda and see if you can get a solution.
I definitely like the product (having owned a Civic, Pilot, Activas, and driven Unicorns, CBR1000, etc..) but their dealership at Kochi is a big let down for Honda especially for those who have experienced the real HONDA outside India. Maybe the notorious "chalta hai" attitude of us have made the desi Honda to shunt their world class standards. Who cares about standards and benchmarks in a country starving for options other than RE. Thats how the Qualis gained hand down in India. We accept anything and everything Chalta Hai thats how we were groomed from our younger age (especially those of us born in the 60s and 70s) we seldom had a choice. Take it or leave it. Hence the big corporates are cashing in on it.
Old 26th January 2021, 07:12   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I definitely like the product (having owned a Civic, Pilot, Activas, and driven Unicorns, CBR1000, etc..) but their dealership at Kochi is a big let down for Honda especially for those who have experienced the real HONDA outside India. Maybe the notorious "chalta hai" attitude of us have made the desi Honda to shunt their world class standards. Who cares about standards and benchmarks in a country starving for options other than RE. Thats how the Qualis gained hand down in India. We accept anything and everything Chalta Hai thats how we were groomed from our younger age (especially those of us born in the 60s and 70s) we seldom had a choice. Take it or leave it. Hence the big corporates are cashing in on it.
Most of the points mentioned here don't have any supporting data. Would really appreciate if the opinions are backed up with data in the form of experience at dealership, or bad quality of the product etc.

Secondly, if we have had really chalta hai attitude, why there are so many failure products in the market? Even Honda (Be it 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler) and Toyota have failure products in their list. In my view, People in India may not be explicit individually but definitely know how to teach lessons to manufacturers attitude collectively.

I think that commenting about a company like Toyota, that gave bullet proof product like qualis which ruled the sector for more than 10-15 years and even today has resale value in Market, without data or facts won't be valid. Thinking that the chalta hai attitude of Indians have made qualis a successful product is not correct analysis is my submission. Even today, i find Qualis running on roads effortlessly after 20 years and more than 10 lakh kilometres on odometer with out opening the bonnet.

I think this is going to offtrack and has the potential to go offtopic. So I will stop at this stage without further debates.

Last edited by gkveda : 26th January 2021 at 07:20.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 07:43   #810
BHPian

Quote:
I contacted them many times for an update since end of October (which was the time I was told that I would get the bike or 1st week of November) but every time they were either not receptive or responsive but in between due to my pestering and may be to pacify me one guy asked me for address proof (in Kerala) for which I sent my driving license.
Hi,
I had booked CB350 on 23rd of Dec and was promised deliver on or before 23rd of Jan. Called the Kun Honda SA around 20th and was told they are expecting a lot over the weekend and hopefully i should get mine. Went there yesterday and though they were quite busy handing over bikes the SA pulled out my sheet checked the lot and informed me that my bike has not come. Apparently the blue colour is delayed upto a period of 6weeks due to high demand and the factory is playing catch up. Plus due to the recent holidays 5 days no vehicles were transported that added up to the delay.
The next lot will come on or before Jan 31st and i am keeping my fingers crossed. Having said that the way the Kochi dealership personnel has handled you should not be taken lightly. Make an effort to escalate and bring it out in social media. One of our other bhpians has got his CB350 from Kochi in less than a week i cant understand why you had such a sour experience. If i were in your shoes i would express my displeasure to higher ups but wont let that affect my decision to purchase the bike as its a need and not only a want.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks