Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 09:01   #811
R.G
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
I had travelled 80kms all the way to the only nearest bigwing showroom available to book it then (Oct2020).
Sorry to hear that. Since you need to travel 80 odd kms to the showroom , you probably should have contacted them over phone for a checklist for the final settlement.

If you did your booking on Oct 2020 and still have not received your bike , there is something seriously wrong about the whole process. From what I heard from BigWing Trivandrum showroom is that the standard response to waiting period is 90 days , but will get the bike in ~45-60 days.

Additionally , there is a shortage of accessories ( crash guard etc ) which a lot of customers are yet to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
John's Honda Thrissur, Kerala was the dealership I got the bike from... The buying experience was smooth and the whole process between paying booking to delivery took 1 week, as they had the red, black and green ones in stock. The waiting time for the dual tone dlx pro version was quoted as anywhere upto 6 weeks.
If it helps , you can try John's Honda Thrissur to see if your choice is available with them.

I made my booking for CB350 DLX Pro in Metallic Black yesterday . The wait begins and planning to procure the accessories in the mean time.
Old 26th January 2021, 09:14   #812
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the hassle right now is in acquiring this bike. Demand is high, and 2021 bikes are arriving in Feb (6 weeks), I heard. Then it's going to give some serious riding pleasure. Hope service aspect is covered. Better check with riders there
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
If i were in your shoes i would express my displeasure to higher ups but wont let that affect my decision to purchase the bike as its a need and not only a want.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 10:16   #813
BHPian

If this helps- I got my CB350 last week. The manufacturing date stamped in my CB is 4 Jan 2021. So the 2021 bikes have already started reaching showrooms.
texmonster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 10:48   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I have to forget owning this Honda. Another big let down by the BigWing Kochi today after waiting 3 months, and wasting a day today to go there to pay full amount and collect my bike (booked in early October 2020) by weekend. Was thrilled from morning thinking that finally I will get to see the bike and own it this week.
1. Staff there dont have the basic idea of customer service.
2. Staff dont have any clue of what they are there for. Just a bunch of kids having fun and enjoying life at someone else's expense.
3. Nobody to assist you or offer a test ride, everything handed over to a poor security guy who is going mad with offering test rides to every Tom, Dick and Harry passing by.
4. Honda should be truly ashamed of this outlet. (Compared to the experience I had at their outlet I walked in at Bangalore - Lavelle Road)

Not sure if the Honda management is aware how their premium outlets are functioning. Probably they are too busy finding new partners across the country and dont care as they expect their vehicles to compensate all the shortcomings, rudeness, or pathetic services from their partners.

-A dejected Honda lover
Jo-G, sad to hear of your experience with the Cochin showroom. It is not an isolated incident. At the end of my CB350 test ride, there was not a single sales guy to be seen anywhere. I looked everywhere, left the keys with the security guard and left. No follow up from the showroom guys as well. In comparison, the RE sales guys call me once every 4 - 6 weeks to see if I am ready to book my Interceptor.

Anyway, since your bike is ready for delivery, dont let these clowns spoil your experience. Just send the documentation details over whatsapp or email and ask them to complete the registration formalities. Tell them that you will make the pending payment online. That way the next time you come to Cochin, it can be for taking delivery of your bike. It is a good bike and you have waited for so long, might as well wait a few more days and take delivery.

Meanwhile, you can write to Honda on social media as others have suggested, their Big Wing page is fairly active so you should tag them. I hope Honda is taking notice of these slip-ups and takes corrective action. A large showroom with uninterested and incompetent sales staff is a lose - lose - lose situation for the company, dealer principal and the customer.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 10:55   #815
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. And how is the bike doing? Wishing you many miles of happiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
If this helps- I got my CB350 last week. The manufacturing date stamped in my CB is 4 Jan 2021. So the 2021 bikes have already started reaching showrooms.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 18:16   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Today there was a 180 Kms ride towards Hassan, and some great food to boot. Over 120 owners participated enthusiastically. Noticed that few of the riders had gone to town with accessory mods. Honda should release as many accessories as they can to tap into this latent market
120 owners ?!. Wow, that sure is a good start from Honda, headed in the right direction. I believe they had done something similar of an all expenses paid overnighter meet-up of the first lot of Africa twin owners. Hope its not just a one off and they continue to organise such meets.

That brown seat cover looks dope. I am placing the order for that one pronto.
Regards the accessories, I was lucky that John's Honda, Thrissur had all in stock and I got all the official accessories installed, other than the seat cover. I just saw an instagram post by Zana, wherein they were pre-launching a whole lot of aftermarket accessories for the bike, including but not limited to crash guards, sump protector and rear rack. I might place order for the aluminium sump guard, once they define their prices and start selling.

Quote:
Looks like I have to forget owning this Honda.
4. Honda should be truly ashamed of this outlet. Not sure if the Honda management is aware how their premium outlets are functioning.
-A dejected Honda lover
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Kochi showroom. It is always good to escalate this to the Honda higher ups, even if nothing concrete comes out of the complaint in the short term, they would surely take note and if other similar complaints come to their attention they might do something about it. Or you never know and might be pleasantly surprised with their response. It sounds like they are getting inundated with the positive response and interest from the public and are unable to cope with it. That combined with a feeling that they might be on to a winner might result in this kind of attitude from them. I am sure they will learn the hard way. I have got my big bike serviced from them and so far the experience has been positive.

Try not to let the experience spoil it, I guess it is easier said. If you are still going ahead with the purchase, you will not be disappointed. It is a great Honda product indeed.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:36   #817
BHPian

Quote:
just saw an instagram post by Zana, wherein they were pre-launching a whole lot of aftermarket accessories for the bike, including but not limited to crash guards, sump protector and rear rack. I might place order for the aluminium sump guard, once they define their prices and start selling.
Hi @alphadog, the Zana aluminium bash plate and crash guards are now available on their website. I just placed an order for the bash plate alone.

Here are the links:

Bash plate - Rs 2199/- (https://www.zanainternational.com/cb...bash-plate.htm)

Crash guard - Rs 2699/- (https://www.zanainternational.com/cb...ith-slider.htm)

Cheers!

Last edited by Turbojc : 27th January 2021 at 15:42.
Turbojc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:48   #818
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Anyone here a previous RE classic 350 owner?

If yes, can you guys provide some comparison of the two bikes. I like the Highness but feel that the RE offers so much more customization.

The quality and road presence can be two points of comparison also.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th January 2021, 18:20   #819
Senior - BHPian

I dont see a rear rack there. That should be interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hi @alphadog, the Zana aluminium bash plate and crash guards are now available on their website. I just placed an order for the bash plate alone.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:04   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hi @alphadog, the Zana aluminium bash plate and crash guards are now available on their website. I just placed an order for the bash plate alone
Cheers!
Thank you. I have placed the order for the sump guard from Zana. It seems like it will take 2-3 weeks for it to be made and dispatched. The crash guard from Zana seems a bit overdone. I prefer the OEM accessory crash guard, it is less conspicuous and looks better incorporated. The Honda pannier stays are nice and discrete, I got them fitted on the bike as well.

I am going to get the brown seat cover and I am hoping that the dual horn can be bought as an optional accessory down the line.

Cheerio
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 11:30   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I have placed the order for the sump guard from Zana.
My pleasure .

Quote:
The crash guard from Zana seems a bit overdone. I prefer the OEM accessory crash guard, it is less conspicuous and looks better incorporated.
You're right. While their crash guard does seem effective, it messes with the bike's clean lines. But it would be great for those who take the road less travelled frequently.

Quote:
I am going to get the brown seat cover and I am hoping that the dual horn can be bought as an optional accessory down the line.
I purchased a brown seat cover too, from Sahara Seats, albeit one with a different design. If you're ordering it from there, do use the code RADMOTO (got this from YouTube) for an additional discount. I can't wait to see what it would look like on my bike !

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20210128_112518.jpg

Quote:
I dont see a rear rack there. That should be interesting
Indeed! I think they'll be launching it at a later date.

Cheers!
Turbojc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 12:00   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Honda is slowly but surely pulling people to long rides. Today there was a 180 Kms ride towards Hassan, and some great food to boot. Over 120 owners participated enthusiastically. Noticed that few of the riders had gone to town with accessory mods. Honda should release as many accessories as they can to tap into this latent market
@Sebring - I've been missing out on all the updates because I'm not part of any group. If there is a Whatsapp group, can you please add me to it?
stealthcraft22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 13:25   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Demand is high, and 2021 bikes are arriving in Feb (6 weeks), I heard.
I don't think CB350 is in high demand. Mumbai have two dealers and both had ready delivery bikes available till we last spoke to them around 1st week of Jan. Was in touch with both dealers since 12th Dec.
We wanted 2021 make so booked in first week of Jan, which you rightly mentioned will arrive in 1st or 2nd week of Feb.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:08   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone here a previous RE classic 350 owner?

If yes, can you guys provide some comparison of the two bikes. I like the Highness but feel that the RE offers so much more customization.

The quality and road presence can be two points of comparison also.

Thanks in advance.
I guess the RE owners will most likely be biased anyways

I have been following CB350(and Meteor) since launch and honestly Honda has tried to re-create their own classic bikes from 70s and not British classics.

Coming to classic, it is a pure retro design( and predates 70s design too) and perhaps the upcoming 2021 classic 350 alone can fill its shoes.

If you are specific about the classic looks, I suggest you to wait for new classic 350(going by the meteor, this should keep you happy for a decade and customisable)

Where CB350 scores is the refinement and quality(though that gap is reduced with new RE platform). I also feel CB350 has better road presence than RE 350 range. According to me, the ideal competition to CB350 is interceptor 350, as both can claim to be neo-retro.

Unfortunately due to Covid, I have been postponing my decision(still confused between Meteor and CB350) and I feel the upcoming classic 350 or interceptor 350 might just tilt the scale in RE favor.
rajshenoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:48   #825
Senior - BHPian

Hi, since I'll be traveling a bit I got out of every group. If you PM me your number I'll ask the admin to add you
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcraft22 View Post
@Sebring - I've been missing out on all the updates because I'm not part of any group. If there is a Whatsapp group, can you please add me to it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks