Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2021, 16:59   #856
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

A general question: do the dealers accept debit or credit cards? Or do they give excuses like 2% charges? My neighbourhood grocery shop accepts cards without issues, but why are automobile dealers reluctant to do this?

A question to the people who bought CB350. Do these new BigWing showrooms accept credit or debit cards without extra transaction charges of 2%? Can I just walk in to the showroom and pay with my card without paying extra?

P.S: I know they accept NEFT and IMPS, but I am keen on getting my rewards on credit and debit cards.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th February 2021 at 00:29. Reason: similar content as the next post. merged.
Old 14th February 2021, 18:08   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
A general question: do the dealers accept debit or credit cards? Or do they give excuses like 2% charges? My neighbourhood grocery shop accepts cards without issues, but why are automobile dealers reluctant to do this?
Usually automobile dealers do charge 2% for credit card transactions beyond a certain amount like 50K INR. And for debit cards the charges will range from zero to 1.5%. Automobile dealership is a tight margin business, so they cannot afford to pay the bank charges which is levied for making payments through Credit/Debit cards hence they pass on the charges to the customer. NEFT/IMPS/RTGS etc do not involve any additional charges hence it is the preferred mode of payment at the dealerships.
But there are exceptions, you can negotiate with your dealer to waive off the 2% charges in some cases but again it's will be at the cost of other discounts, instead of giving you direct cash discount if any, they will offer to waive off the card charges.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 18:23   #858
Senior - BHPian

Yes, BigWing Lavelle Road accepts Debit/Credit card without the 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
An OT question to the people who bought CB350. Do these new BigWing showrooms accept credit or debit cards without extra transaction charges of 2%? Can I just walk in to the showroom and pay with my card without paying extra?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:35   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
I don't think CB350 is in high demand. Mumbai have two dealers and both had ready delivery bikes available till we last spoke to them around 1st week of Jan. Was in touch with both dealers since 12th Dec.
We wanted 2021 make so booked in first week of Jan, which you rightly mentioned will arrive in 1st or 2nd week of Feb.
Finally bike has been allotted, will be making payment tomorrow afternoon (after checking their Scrambler/Cafe Racer? launch), will take another 10-12 days for registration.
BTW where can I decode the VIN, though he confirmed it to be Jan'21 make but need to verify because till about 10 days back they offered 2020 make when enquired about our allotment status.

Last edited by S.MJet : 15th February 2021 at 11:42.
Old 16th February 2021, 00:10   #860
BHPian

Hi
After a very disheartening experience at KUN honda in Chennai I ended up cancelling my booking and went to SVM Honda after discussing with few biker buddies. Booked the bike on Feb 9th, did the PDI on Feb 10th and the bike was ready for delivery on Feb 11th. I did not want to take the bike till number plate is fixed and it was done today. The whole buying experience with SVM Honda was very pleasant. The folks there take extra effort to ensure you a good experience.
People from Chennai if you are considering CB350 give it a shot with SVM. Post delivery drove the bike for 50kms within city under mixed conditions and pleasantly surprised with the ease of handling. Can't wait for the first service to finish. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 06:42   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
After a very disheartening experience at KUN honda in Chennai I ended up cancelling my booking and went to SVM Honda after discussing with few biker buddies. Booked the bike on Feb 9th, did the PDI on Feb 10th and the bike was ready for delivery on Feb 11th. I did not want to take the bike till number plate is fixed and it was done today. The whole buying experience with SVM Honda was very pleasant. The folks there take extra effort to ensure you a good experience.
People from Chennai if you are considering CB350 give it a shot with SVM. Post delivery drove the bike for 50kms within city under mixed conditions and pleasantly surprised with the ease of handling. Can't wait for the first service to finish. Cheers.
Hearty congratulations sir ! Please do share pictures of your CB.

It's been a month since I booked my CB350 at KUN Honda, and I was told to expect a priority call this week. I was also contacted by a Big Wing representative yesterday, who asked me to keep them posted in case the delivery was delayed.

While I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my CB, my folks want me to take delivery on an auspicious day, so I'm going to wait and see if they can hand it over by the last week of this month.

Cheers!
Old 16th February 2021, 09:36   #862
BHPian

Installed the handlebar risers from Carbon racing, few updates after riding 400kms :

- It does make the riding posture better.
- Handling of the bike is now more sensitive at low speeds, needs some practice.
- When riding with pillion and at low speeds handle is super sensitive and when it comes to tight turns then it’s hard to judge how much input is required.
- With pillion on high speeds the handle feels more lighter.
GP19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 12:22   #863
BHPian

Cancel your H'ness bookings and head to the CB350 RS thread!

CB350 owner's feedback implemented in the RS = "Road Sailing"
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 12:30   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the Live launch for the New Honda CB 350 RS - it started at 12:00 noon and is now finished.

Just skip to 39:00 min if you want to see the bike. Before that its just general Honda gyan !
Loved the Red and Black combo colour. Also now the Cheeky Hness logo is gone (thankfullly!)
Price announced is 1.96 Lacs (Good price!)

Last edited by Behemoth : 16th February 2021 at 12:32.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:43   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Cancel your H'ness bookings and head to the CB350 RS thread!

CB350 owner's feedback implemented in the RS = "Road Sailing"
I am going to do exactly that but from a different dealer (hoping that they give me a different customer experience) Honda is still haunting me
Jo-G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 15:12   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hearty congratulations sir ! Please do share pictures of your CB.
It's been a month since I booked my CB350 at KUN Honda, and I was told to expect a priority call this week. I was also contacted by a Big Wing representative yesterday, who asked me to keep them posted in case the delivery was delayed.
Cheers!
Hi
Planning on a short ride this weekend and will share the photos. KUN honda is very disorganized and every time they keep delaying and giving false promises. When i had visited them the SA was rude to the point i had to keep myself in check not to stoop to his level. Next day i cancelled as i cannot rely on them for service related issues if anything crops up and this is not a RE which can be fixed by a friendly road side mechanic though i am sure we will have folks very soon with the know all to handle this bike. IMHO, check out SVM and speak to the SA called Mr.Arun, he sticks to the promised timeline and goes the extra mile to help the customer. Plus why dont you check out the newly launched CB350-RS, a few ergonomics has been sorted out and would be worth it. Good luck, Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP19 View Post
Installed the handlebar risers from Carbon racing, few updates after riding 400kms :
Hi,
Can you share images, this is one of the things i am looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
I am going to do exactly that but from a different dealer (hoping that they give me a different customer experience) Honda is still haunting me
Hi,
Not all the dealers are the same mate. Change your dealer, after all its your hard earned money. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 16:22   #867
Senior - BHPian

Carbon Racing riser for CB 350 (My buddy's bike). There is another angled option which brings the handle closer towards the rider
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_8698.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 17:52   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
After a very disheartening experience at KUN honda in Chennai I ended up cancelling my booking and went to SVM Honda after discussing with few biker buddies. Booked the bike on Feb 9th, did the PDI on Feb 10th and the bike was ready for delivery on Feb 11th.
Congrats Dr. Its really amazing to hear that you got a fair and decent treatment atva different dealership while also managing to exceed the customer expectations by delivering the product in 3 days. Thats very remarkable. I am yet to try another dealership. Was waiting for the new launch.
Jo-G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 17:43   #869

Not sure if it has already been posted elsewhere, but just came across the BigWing service centre being setup on Cambridge road in Bangalore.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-fe149b658b984f03bf1ffbfe449c0cc8.jpg
Old 20th February 2021, 19:28   #870
BHPian

The first pictures of GB350- the export version of CB350 for japan, has arrived!

The changes I could notice are:
Blackened-out front and rear mud guards and the centre sub-frame containing the foot pegs, no USB charging port, a minimalist GB350 decals, different tyre pattern, and this cool matte-blue color!

Source:
https://young-machine.com/2021/02/20/168574/
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-002_hondagb350.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-007_hondagb350.jpg  

texmonster is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks