Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 12:04   #766
BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Reading through the initial impressions here, it seems that Ola is not ready for prime time yet. They have done a good job with the specifications and pricing but they did not get the "Small and significant things" right yet.

Youtube reviews are coming out as I type this so that should clear everything up.

I see that Powerdrift review is up now:

Will be watching *after* this post.
antz.bin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:04   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
2) Does the engine die in the Ather too when you apply the brakes? A friend tells me all EV bikes have this issue. I have not driven any EV so far, 2 wheeler or 4. Not even travelled in one.
I own a Pure EPluto 7G and the motor is cutoff completely(no throttle response) whenever I use front/rear brakes. And this does result in tricky situations on inclines with traffic where I have to try and hold the scooter steady as there is a input lag before the motor kicks in and it gets even worse with a pillion.
Venky03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:06   #768
Senior - BHPian

If brakes kill the engine how did those guys do burnouts in promo video shared by Ola CEO? Hopefully, it is a simple software trick to enable/disable it.
Will it be a good scooter for elderly parent considering everything?

Mod Note: Our Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2021 at 12:19. Reason: Link to Review added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks