Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 12:50   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

The V-storm 250 SX is launched in Australia now retailing for around 6490AUD.

Official Suzuki Australia post:

One of the local Aussie reviews. He talks about how this can work being so cheap and decently capable.

SoumenD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 16:20   #377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
One of the local Aussie reviews. He talks about how this can work being so cheap and decently capable.
Here is another one from Australia, from mcnews.com.au. The reviewer seems to pretty impressed with the bike. He says the bike is fun on the trails and is pretty confidence inspiring

Link to the written review:
https://www.mcnews.com.au/2023-suzuk...pecifications/

Owning the bike now and having watched the Indian reviews of the bike during its launch, I can surely say that the Indian auto mags are clearly showing some kind of a bias.

Extracts from the review:
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-screenshot_20221216161009950edit_com.brave.browser.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_20221216_161317.jpg  

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 16th December 2022 at 16:34.
tarmacnaut is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 01:08   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
Owning the bike now and having watched the Indian reviews of the bike during its launch, I can surely say that the Indian auto mags are clearly showing some kind of a bias.
They seem to be either biased or their expectations were simply too high.

I have completed 700 kms on this bike and I am still wondering where the stiff suspension is? I mean, make no mistake, it is not plush. But, the reviews look like they were expecting a monster truck.

The motorcycle takes bad roads in its stride quite well. I also feel a kind of a bounce a couple of time when I go over bumps at a slow speed. I have ridden a street bike and it definitely does not feel this way.
lancelot7564 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 08:07   #379
Senior - BHPian

1000 mile (it being what Suzuki's service intervals are based on) update of my 3 month old VStrom.
The 1600 km 'mile'stone was reached during a 300 km, 8+ hour nonstop ride (but for bike's refueling and mine) which summed up the bike's traits just as well.
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221026_034355428.night.jpg
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221026_034611984.night.jpg

• Ride comfort has been excellent, due to a combination of seat and handlebar ergonomics (for my 180cm frame) and superb suspension. The bike can really take some beating of urban ruts and I consciously slow down to avoid foot peg riding
  • Refinement of the engine makes for comfortable journeys (purrs away to one's delight). The strong midrange means I rarely rev out the engine (even though I am 'allowed to' now after the break-in period)
  • Suzuki connect and navigation has been good, intuitive enough to glance while driving. The MapmyIndia directions sometimes clash with Google Maps (since I have still been referring to the latter out of habit, during every stop). It does not however always connect to the vehicle automatically, having to manually tap in the app more often than not!
    Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221217_134551276.jpg
  • FE hovers around 40-45 kmpl during out of city rides, I rarely cross 80 kmph, with in-gear roll on acceleration giving a smile inducing surge
  • Headlights are effective with a wide spread (low beam) and the beam adjustment is super easy by loosening one of the nuts to tilt the whole housing. I spend many a bored evenings trying to perfect my beam position in the basement. For me the non LED indicators stand out like a sore thumb and is a missed opportunity

My motorcycle rides were born from the VStrom (in my 40th!) and it did not disappoint.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 13:37   #380
BANNED

Found this video, uploaded by Suzuki Global. Here, V-Strom SX 250 can be seen tested for chassis durability along with the biggies like V-Strom 1050 and the mighty Hayabusa. Seems, Suzuki is not compromising/skipping tests for V-Strom SX even though it is an entry level ADV, maybe because it is a global product carrying the V-Strom tag.

As per this video, Chassis and Vibration durability tests are done by running the bike with load for several hundred hours followed by Inspection. So, V-Strom SX should be quiet durable and rugged even in the long term, this is quite reassuring for owners like me.

Below is the snap of the V-Strom SX from the video
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-annotation-20221219-132938.png  

tarmacnaut is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 16:24   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
Found this video, uploaded by Suzuki Global. Here, V-Strom SX 250 can be seen tested for chassis durability along with the biggies like V-Strom 1050 and the mighty Hayabusa.
Is there any way to figure out that the bike tested in the video is the same as the one sold here?
I've read somewhere that few models sold in India are slightly different from their respective global models in terms of engine specification etc.

Hence, the question.
Old 19th December 2022, 16:35   #382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Is there any way to figure out that the bike tested in the video is the same as the one sold here?
It should be the same bike sold here. Right now, V-Strom SX 250 is manufactured only in India and is about to be exported all over the world including Japan, Australia etc. So, the Bike shown in the video should be the one manufactured and sold in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
I've read somewhere that few models sold in India are slightly different from their respective global models in terms of engine specification etc.
That is mostly true for cars, motorcycles mostly ship with the exact same spec. Right now, the spec is exactly same for the V-Strom SX sold here and whatever is listed in Suzuki Australia, Phillipines etc. Maybe saree guard will not be present in global models. Mechanically and Structurally the bikes are completely identical.
tarmacnaut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 10:32   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot7564 View Post
There are some other neat touches to the bike like a helmet holder under the seat which can be used for helmets with a D ring lock.
I found a slot under the pillion seat but have been unsuccessful in getting my helmet (with a D ring) locked in place. Would appreciate if a pic or two can be shared so that I get it right
Old 11th January 2023, 10:57   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I found a slot under the pillion seat but have been unsuccessful in getting my helmet (with a D ring) locked in place. Would appreciate if a pic or two can be shared so that I get it right
I have not tried this yet. I will try to share pictures when I do.
lancelot7564 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 12:00   #385
Senior - BHPian

D Ring helmets are from the expensive range. I'm wary of leaving it attached (Prefer top box), as miscreants cut the strap on a friend's helmet and made off with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 18:32   #386
BHPian

It may come across as an ignorant question, but it got me really wondering. Why is the luggage rack of V-Strom rated at <6kg load when it appears sturdy enough to carry much more than that? Am I overestimating the sturdiness here or is the limit for a completely different reason?

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_20230121_133831.jpg
CptSlow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 21:58   #387
BHPian

Completed 6 months and second service yesterday. The service cost was Rs. 1280 for the engine oil and chain cleaning and lubrication.

Still happy with my choice to go for this bike. Suspension though not plush is adequate and becomes perfect for me with a pillion. I have the preload to a softer setup by 1 step.

The engine pulls from 2.5k all the way up to 7.5k RPM. However, the engine is awesome between 4.5k to 7k. There are low frequency vibes below 3.5k and slight buzzing in the seats and footpegs from 7k. But I'm already at 100kmph+ by then, so it doesn't bother me much.

Mileage is 32 in the city and my 30 minute commute involves 5-10 mins travel in 1st gear. On the highways, the instantaneous FE showed 39kmpl in 6th gear upto 95kmph. 35 upto 110 and 32 at 120.

I have the Shad SH42 topbox and also use a Rynox tank bag. I have loaded around 10kgs once including the topbox onto the rack and it held up fine in city commute even though the topbox itself is rated for only 5kgs and the top rack is rated for only 6.
vvs29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 22:00   #388
BHPian

^^ You're loading up the tail of the bike. Even if the subframe and luggage rack mounts can withstand more load than the rated capacity, weight at the tail end is going to upset the weight bias and therefore riding dynamics of the bike, making the front feel lighter. If sufficient weight is not placed over the front, hard acceleration could cause the front to lift up, braking at the front may not be as effective, possibly causing lock ups, and of course, steering and cornering may also not be as confident. The sliding bike picture on the sticker is worth a thousand words.

This is one of the reasons why most bikes these days put stepped seats for the pillion, so as to force the pillion's weight as much as possible towards the center and not upset the weight balance too much, especially on bikes with short wheelbases.

The maker's rated capacity is likely a conservative estimate taking into account all these things. But as with every indian who's ever ridden triple\quadruple on their bikes, so long as you're aware of the consequences, it is up to your discretion how you load up your bike.
drt_rdr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:03   #389
Senior - BHPian

This 6 kilo restriction is a sour point. My top box should be a kilo, and I put stuff weighing 3 kilo max. But, basically I used it to hide my helmet and gloves, in parking spots
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvs29 View Post
I have the Shad SH42 topbox and also use a Rynox tank bag. I have loaded around 10kgs once including the topbox onto the rack and it held up fine in city commute even though the topbox itself is rated for only 5kgs and the top rack is rated for only 6.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:27   #390
BHPian

From my experience, don't load the top box. it is highly unstable to ride especially in winding roads. panniers and tail bags are fine. Top box can be used for what Sebring has mentioned.
madhukar_n is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks