Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 08:58   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Suzuki dealers are offering benefits worth Rs 30,000 on the purchase of each VStrom 250. This includes
  • Free insurance
  • Exchange bonus of upto Rs 7,000
  • Free riding jacket worth Rs 6,999
  • First labour service free
  • Free extended warranty
  • Low down payment

If someone is interested in the motorcycle, this is a very good time to pick it up.

Suzuki seems to be doing everything short of a price correction, to get the VStrom 250 motorcycles, out of the dealerships and into the hands of customers.
neil.jericho is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 21:59   #332
BHPian

Picked up a Vstrom a few days ago. Put ~100km on it so far. As expected, it is more or less a roadbike, not so good offroad or even broken roads. And not because of the lack of suspension travel or anything. It's because the quality of the ride is stiff at both ends. I mean my old 150 roadbike had a better ride quality than this and handled offroad better than one would imagine.

The front on the V feels okay enough. But the rear, I feel, is badly tuned for fast riding, for my weight atleast, which is around 70-80kg (been a while since I checked, I'm thinking more towards 70 than 80 these days).

The rear is not sorted enough to inspire confidence while riding fast over broken roads or offroad. It does okay enough at slower speeds, of course. But overall, it feels like there's not much compression and disproportionate rebound. Sharper humps are a pain. Shallow potholes are okay, but deeper ones will buck you off the seat a bit. It does take level ground confident enough though, like construction jelly strewn roads, or smooth mud roads. I found myself doing 60-70 kmph on those.

I don't know what the hell Suzuki was thinking with the Vstrom in 2022 when they had a nicer suspension setup a decade ago. Seems like the rear suspension is tuned more for a higher weight class of rider. Maybe even with the expectation that the bike will always be used with pillion and\or luggage, for which I guess that kind of tuning makes more sense.

I haven't tried adjusting the preload. It's still at the factory setting. I'll definitely adjust it, but not sure if it would make any meaningful difference because the factory setting is already towards the softer end (at 3 steps out of 7). Maybe it'll settle into a softer action with more kms? I don't know. Maybe I got one with a manufacturing defect? I don't know. It doesn't feel too different from my test ride experience.

I just keep thinking what an amazing bike and a proper all-rounder it could've been if the rear was more pliant. What a missed opportunity for Suzuki. Because this is the one thing that's holding the bike back from being great (so far, in my experience atleast). I mean, I'm experiencing my share of other niggles too, but everything else more or less falls into place to make it a really nice package.

Anyway, just wanted to put a heads-up for prospective buyers. Have a thorough test to see if this kind of suspension suits your riding style\tendencies.

---
---

Also had my first puncture within 60kms on the odo. Not sure if it's just bad luck or these MRF Meteors are thin-skinned, but a long and stout bolt (!!!) found its way deep into the rear tyre.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 3rd October 2022 at 22:10.
drt_rdr is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 10:19   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Picked up a Vstrom a few days ago. Put ~100km on it so far. As expected, it is more or less a roadbike, not so good offroad or even broken roads. And not because of the lack of suspension travel or anything. It's because the quality of the ride is stiff at both ends. I mean my old 150 roadbike had a better ride quality than this and handled offroad better than one would imagine.

... tyre.
I felt the same with my burgman. It's as though Suzuki has designed their new bikes for constant 2-up riding. The compression is too stiff and the rebound is pretty delayed. But it's fine with a pillion at the back. The service guy said the usual 'it will get better with more kms ' but 10.5k kms later it's still the same. Iam going to check if the Jupiter's adjustable shock can be compatible and if so get it retro fitted.

You could try reducing the preload but I highly doubt it would change the damping or rebound characteristics. If you don't care much about the warranty you can try fitting the xpulse rear shock or check if zedling makes one for the 250 v.

All the best.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 11:34   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
The headlight unit and Switchgear of VStrom is the same as the ones in the market for the last 3 years (same as Gixxer 250). I seriously doubt this could be a widespread manufacturing defect - widely prevalent in the headlight unit or switchgear.

I am seriously considering VStrom SX as the next upgrade and I am also part of the VStrom SX owners facebook group and I have been following a lot of early adopters of VStrom SX in Youtube like FalconRiders, VipLoveSaini, Mr Photoholic and many more. None have reported this water accumulation in headlight and even in Team bhp there are no images of this issue. And I have not heard any news of Suzuki replacing headlights under warranty in any of these forums.

Thats why I considered this as one off issue. I am not aware of the whatsapp group though. If you can share the images of the issue and about the replacements done it will be really helpful

The owners have to be careful with how technicians handle their bikes, this pressure washing can seriously tamper the parts whichever the bike is. If someone had reported this issue while riding in rain or water crossing this can be accounted. But this issue really seems specific to the tampering they do in the name of washing which is bad for any bike let alone VStrom SX.
tarmacnaut, I am not able to understand why a service center would tamper with a part on a motorcycle, then replace the said part under warranty, thereby clogging up their service centers. From what I have been informed, the water accumulation is happening through day to day ownership. Unless the service center folks are going to the homes / offices of the owners and tampering with the headlight when nobody is looking!

I think the simpler explanation is that the vendor providing the headlight, faced some quality issues, which are now being corrected through warranty replacements.

Here are images from a video which shows just how much rain water harvesting, errr I mean, water accumulation happens in these headlight units.

Name:  VideoCapture_20220922161346.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  VideoCapture_20220922161524.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  VideoCapture_20220922161534.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  VideoCapture_20220922161544.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  VideoCapture_20220922161551.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  76.7 KB
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 10:43   #335
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
tarmacnaut, I am not able to understand why a service center would tamper with a part on a motorcycle, then replace the said part under warranty, thereby clogging up their service centers. From what I have been informed, the water accumulation is happening through day to day ownership. Unless the service center folks are going to the homes / offices of the owners and tampering with the headlight when nobody is looking!
Nice try. I had clearly mentioned in my post that the 'pressure washing' done in service centers could be tampering the headlight or switch gear units.

If you understood this as service center guys go to owners homes to tampering their bikes secretly, then not much can be done

Anyways, Thanks for the images.

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 6th October 2022 at 10:45.
Old 6th October 2022, 12:03   #336

Quote:

I think the simpler explanation is that the vendor providing the headlight, faced some quality issues, which are now being corrected through warranty replacements.

Here are images from a video which shows just how much rain water harvesting, errr I mean, water accumulation happens in these headlight units.

So from the images , it seems like there is a whole lot of parts to be opened (including tank fittings) to just replace the headlight. I am assuming there is some other work too being done on the bike, no?

Are they calling out to the customers to get the headlight replaced, or only when such an issue is reported (just curious). Wondering if my bike also has the same lot of the part in question.

Can you share the link to the video incase if it is uploaded on youtube.

Thanks.
mobilecentric is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 15:27   #337
Senior - BHPian

Picked up my 'Glass Sparkle Black' V-Strom 250 SX today from Advaith Suzuki, Basavangudi.
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_0640539033.jpg
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_064105081.jpg

I had booked in September but the dealership was thoughtful enough to request if the delivery can be deferred so as to avail the free insurance (zero Dep, GoDigit) and 3 year extended warranty offer. Besides that, the crash guard (part of the bundle) was installed and a Wind Cheater + brass valve cap set thrown in.

Riding jacket (also part of the offer) apparently will be delivered at a later date which is unfortunate for not being co-ordinated with the delivery.

First fill at Shell South End Circle
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_065858294.jpg

Odometer read 1km at the dealership with the rest coming from the first ride home
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_075805380.jpg

I am a first time (bike) rider and took the first few kms gingerly (also had my share of stalls in many of the numerous signals till Yelahanka). But I could work through all the 6 gears in due course and the bike felt very manageable. Loved the posture and ergonomics for my 180 cm frame and surprisingly the foot pegs (evidently not the best of placements) didn't really come in the way of practical riding.

Some clicks from a free basement spot
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_080211267.night2.jpg
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_080122667.night2.jpg

Black SMK Twister helmet on the tank
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_080157080.night.jpg

At the designated parking spot within the confines
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-pxl_20221007_080713634.night2.jpg

Look forward to some dedicated rides and some more acclimatisation
GeeTee TSI is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 16:23   #338
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Picked up my 'Glass Sparkle Black' V-Strom 250 SX today from Advaith Suzuki, Basavangudi.
I had booked in September but the dealership was thoughtful enough to request if the delivery can be deferred so as to avail the free insurance (zero Dep, GoDigit) and 3 year extended warranty offer. Besides that, the crash guard (part of the bundle) was installed and a Wind Cheater + brass valve cap set thrown in.
Congrats on the new bike! Thanks for the images, the bike looks striking in the glass sparkle black.

BTW how long does this festive offer last, did the dealership mention any end date for this offer?

What was the exact on road price of the bike (including offers/discounts)?

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 7th October 2022 at 16:27.
Old 7th October 2022, 22:02   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW how long does this festive offer last, did the dealership mention any end date for this offer?

What was the exact on road price of the bike (including offers/discounts)?
2.74L less 10k insurance (offer), making it 2.64L on-road. I believe the offer commenced towards the end of September but I am unaware about the validity.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 20:02   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilecentric View Post
So from the images , it seems like there is a whole lot of parts to be opened (including tank fittings) to just replace the headlight. I am assuming there is some other work too being done on the bike, no?

Are they calling out to the customers to get the headlight replaced, or only when such an issue is reported (just curious). Wondering if my bike also has the same lot of the part in question.

Can you share the link to the video incase if it is uploaded on Youtube.

Thanks.
mobilecentric, the bike was in only to replace the headlight, nothing else.

If your motorcycle has the water accumulation problem, simply report it to the service center and they will replace the headlight unit for free. There doesnt seem to be a recall, as such, to address this problem.

Quote:
Riding jacket (also part of the offer) apparently will be delivered at a later date which is unfortunate for not being co-ordinated with the delivery.
GeeTee TSI, congratulations on your VStrom 250! Even in Kerala, the riding jackets are being delivered a few weeks after the delivery of the VStrom 250s. All in all, its a nice jacket. Just keep checking with your sales advisor and he should be able to arrange for it at the earliest.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 23:51   #341
BHPian

Quote:
2.74L less 10k insurance (offer), making it 2.64L on-road. I believe the offer commenced towards the end of September but I am unaware about the validity.
Quote:
I enquired about the bike at Aryan Suzuki in Whitefield and they gave me an on-road price of 2.73L. Free insurance worth 13k, zero cost 1st service and a riding jacket was being provided as part of Dusshehra promotional schemes. But I was told that these offers are only valid until Wednesday. Don't know if this was just a sales tactic to rush me into purchasing one, will probably call other Suzuki showrooms to confirm.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th October 2022 at 00:48. Reason: Spacing, quotes trimmed.
Old 11th October 2022, 13:46   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Picked up a Vstrom a few days ago. Put ~100km on it so far.
Congrats!

Quote:
I don't know what the hell Suzuki was thinking with the Vstrom in 2022 when they had a nicer suspension setup a decade ago. Seems like the rear suspension is tuned more for a higher weight class of rider. Maybe even with the expectation that the bike will always be used with pillion and\or luggage, for which I guess that kind of tuning makes more sense.
Reminds of Maruti Gypsy where sand bags were used in rear for better riding experience. If rear had passengers, they would get tossing experience, so sand bags were sought after.
Obviously, for a 2-wheeler carrying luggage/pillion always isn't a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSlow View Post
Don't know if this was just a sales tactic to rush me into purchasing one, will probably call other Suzuki showrooms to confirm.
Saw this advert in today's local newspaper supplement in Pune, so last month's offer has been continued even in this festive month. Please check with your local dealer(s).

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-suzuki_advert.jpg
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 20:26   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suzuki seems to be doing everything short of a price correction, to get the VStrom 250 motorcycles, out of the dealerships and into the hands of customers.
Indeed.

Key tag that may interest few.

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-suzukey.jpeg
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 16:42   #344

Hi all,

Just incase anyone is interested in "kitna deti hai", I have just completed 2000 kms so sharing the results.

City, daily commute mostly bumper to bumper is in 30's.
Highway, done only one 100km trip, got 40+.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-fuelconsumption.png  

mobilecentric is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 21:41   #345
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilecentric View Post
Hi all,

Just incase anyone is interested in "kitna deti hai", I have just completed 2000 kms so sharing the results.

City, daily commute mostly bumper to bumper is in 30's.
Highway, done only one 100km trip, got 40+.
Thanks for the mileage figures.

Since most of your riding was in the city, how do you feel the bike is in city traffic, is it really comfortable for the rider and pillion especially in bad roads when compared to a 150cc bike or a scooter?

Is the clutch heavy or light for city usage?

Any heating issues in standstill traffic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks