Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 14:23   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A few questions for TBHPians who are checking out the VStrom 250
- Have you identified any mounting points for aux lights?
- What top box can go on the rear plate? Will it need a Givi mount and Givi top box combination? Or is it designed to take some box as a plug and play solution? I'm not too well versed in this.
- Are the stickers on the tank under the clear coat?
Neil, you've literally taken the words out of my mouth, as I was wondering over the same questions. From what I can "see" from the videos, it seems some of the decals are non-clear coated stickers, SOCS to SEP. I "think" the Suzuki emblem on the fuel tank shroud might be clear coated, at least it seems like it from the angles. Perhaps, an owner might be able to help.

The rear plate has a weight capacity upto 6 kgs odd, so a top box or a tail bag should perfectly sum. I am positive this bike will have umpteen add-ons from third-party manufacs here in India over a period of time.

The aux light pivot point was the first thing that came to my mind. I think, for now the only places an aux can be mounted is where the crash bars mount. Where does the crash bar mount? Only an official accessory will let us know.

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-suzuki.png

You can see thread lugs provided on the chassis. My guess is that these might perhaps be for the crash guards that might be sold as an add on. And one thing I reckon for such low set crash guards is partly due to the size and the curvature the radiator and orientation that it's positioned in along with the extended side shrouds, definitely wouldn't allow for a thick bar to cross seamlessly. But that's my observation, we'll see how it comes out officially or unofficially.

Cheers
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 26th May 2022 at 14:24.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 14:31   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only place is leg guard bar.

Quote:
- What top box can go on the rear plate? Will it need a Givi mount and Givi top box combination? Or is it designed to take some box as a plug and play solution?
I am not sure if international brands have a direct fit, it all depends on which model has been picked up by Suzuki India to add onto DS250.
Quote:
- Are the stickers on the tank under the clear coat?
I had checked these, all stickers are easy to remove as no clear coat on top of stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
You can see thread lugs provided on the chassis. My guess is that these might perhaps be for the crash guards that might be sold as an add on.
Lower exposed mounting hole will have bottom part of the guard, top part of guard will be fixed on bar with a clamp.

Quote:
And one thing I reckon for such low set crash guards is partly due to the size and the curvature the radiator and orientation that it's positioned in along with the extended side shrouds, definitely wouldn't allow for a thick bar to cross seamlessly.
You are right, curvature of radiator poses a challenge for thicker, single bar as leg guard.

Last edited by sukiwa : 26th May 2022 at 14:33.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 18:16   #198
BHPian

Sebring, congratulations on your new ride! A quick question: Is the engine pre run-in?
Old 26th May 2022, 19:47   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Lower exposed mounting hole will have bottom part of the guard, top part of guard will be fixed on bar with a clamp.

You are right, curvature of radiator poses a challenge for thicker, single bar as leg guard.
Quote:
Name:  VStrom_Digital_Images2nd_Part_520x420px09min_620f9d26bd315.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  51.6 KB

Tada! So Suzuki has this as an accessory on their website and it seems to mount exactly at the points I've mentioned. A couple of other add-ons as well, a lower seat is a welcome addition, which I guess most will choose from. A compact aux LED unit would look thorough badass on this one.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 26th May 2022, 19:50   #200
BHPian

@sukiwa: Pictures of the specs from teh manual much appreciated.

So, that settles it. Fork travel is indeed 120mm and basically roadbike spec. The riding dynamics ought to be very interesting.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 26th May 2022 at 19:54.
Old 26th May 2022, 20:59   #201
Senior - BHPian

The mechanic said its not pre-run, so had capped performance to 40 KMPH. Not sure if he has right info.
@Neil, I'd gone to Baja for spot light and they're suggesting the four nuts above the suspension tube, not sure.
BTW, I designed a GPS mount today and got it fabricated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressellian View Post
Sebring, congratulations on your new ride! A quick question: Is the engine pre run-in?
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_2138.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 26th May 2022 at 21:05.
Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 07:40   #202
Senior - BHPian

I'm confused if i have to go for a curved box or something with clean lines (And a new trend). So left it at that
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_2147.jpg  

Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-img_2139.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 08:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm confused if i have to go for a curved box or something with clean lines (And a new trend). So left it at that
The sharp looking Givi looks infinitely better. Compliments the bike nicely. Looks futuristic and has nice edges to stick reflective tape. IMHO, go for a sharp design, even if it isn't this one.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:13   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Impressive! That was super quick! This is exactly what I had in mind too as a possible way to have a phone mount. Now the phone will get perfectly positioned on top of the digital meters, get some amount of protection by the windscreen in front (at least from flying debris or insects), and look awesome (kind of like the Dakar rally bike navigation towers). Hope the frame on which the windscreen is mounted is strong enough to take additional weight of the phone mount and then a phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
The sharp looking Givi looks infinitely better. Compliments the bike nicely. Looks futuristic and has nice edges to stick reflective tape. IMHO, go for a sharp design, even if it isn't this one.
+1 to this. The bike design is also edgy, and not rounded. A sharper box will suit the bike better. It should also have better space inside to store stuff because of its boxy interiors.
KedarB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:20   #205

Quote:
The mechanic said its not pre-run, so had capped performance to 40 KMPH. Not sure if he has right info.
@Neil, I'd gone to Baja for spot light and they're suggesting the four nuts above the suspension tube, not sure.
Sebring... This looks neat.
Can you share some close pics so we can get an idea and replicate it .
Thanks!
RohitJames is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 10:32   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you have a planned a long ride this weekend.
BTW, these small posts/teasers are fine till today. Are you going to publish detailed ownership review soon?
Old 27th May 2022, 11:33   #207
Senior - BHPian

And the reviews are out. Zigwheels guy mentions of flat-spot in the mid-range. That’s something new I heard about this engine. @owners: Can you please validate?

Quote:
The Givi please. Looks awesome

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th May 2022 at 11:57.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 12:24   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
flat-spot in the mid-range. That’s something new I heard about this engine.
From what I've seen, that's been the typical engine characteristic for suzuki motorcycles made for the Indian market atleast. Decent low end, bland midrange and strong top end.

The GS150R and Gixxers are like this. This is what makes the bikes easy to ride. The bottom end pull is good enough that you can keep riding at lower speeds even in higher gears. If you want fuel efficiency, the flat pull at the middle revs is good for it. But the bikes come alive after 6-7k RPM.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 27th May 2022 at 12:26.
drt_rdr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 13:33   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Without doubt the square one over the rounded one any given day.
manojsolanki87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 14:01   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on Yalla, Sebring! Man you are adding bikes and scooters to your garage like adding candy bars to a fridge Happy ownership is wished for you. Clean lines for the box, I would pick the Givi one, looks almost as if the bike came with it.

How is the seating position? Reach to handlebars and seat to pegs. It appears to be a straight back riding position with straight legs. Is there a lean or slight lean to the bars and knees slightly bent and a trifle back? Please clarify.

Ride safe.

Walaikum Assalaam!
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks