Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2022, 10:31   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why does every "adv" bike need to have that beak-like thing sticking out in the front? Does it help in any way or have all bikes basically aped the Multistrada design?
They have all aped the GS from BMW. I don't think the beak serves any purpose apart from the cool quotient. I personally am not a fan of it at all.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hyperrider has a beak for every Pulsar and Dominar. Frankly I thought it looked cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
They have all aped the GS from BMW. I don't think the beak serves any purpose apart from the cool quotient. I personally am not a fan of it at all.
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:25   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hyperrider has a beak for every Pulsar and Dominar. Frankly I thought it looked cool
The beak is a poor imitation of a high fender. But for adventure bikes which have a liquid cooled radiator, you need a low fender to protect that expensive equipment from being cloaked in mud and a premature death. So what do you do then? You put a beak that looks like a high fender, but retain the low fender to protect your radiator.
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:28   #94
BHPian

The 'beak' was a Suzuki innovation to start with - debuted on the DR750 in the 80s and since then has been copied by a lot of others.
Here's their India website screengrab for the 650XT:
Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs-screenshot-20220422-12.26.59-pm.png
tanayr is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:16   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Critics of the Xpulse 200 4V : The bike needs more power!
Critics of the Himalayan 411 : The bike needs less weight!

Here comes Suzuki with a motorcycle that slots in perfectly between the Xpulse 200 4V and the Himalayan 411. I think this will be the best selling variant of Suzuki's 250 range and could be a sleeper hit in the market.
Same view here. Being a Gixxer 155 SF owner for over 5 years, reliability and refinement of Suzuki are something that make you addicted to it . I am certainly going to take long test rides, and though not immediately, but, this may walk into my garage.
LongDrive lover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Critics of the Xpulse 200 4V : The bike needs more power!
Critics of the Himalayan 411 : The bike needs less weight!
Where the Suzuki may not impress is the suspension.

The Himalayan and the Xpulse are bikes with very high off road capability.

If the V-storm 250 is a capable tourer, it will see success. If it can cruise at 110-120kmph and good pillion comfort, it will be great.

The Honda's version of 200cc 'adventure' bike is a failure as far as I know. That bike was based on a market dud and did not differentiate its self from the dud other than the added weight of the faring.
Mafia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 20:08   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
It's called the Glass Sparkle Black. Not very common on the road, looks lovely. Same shade as the one on my Gixxer.

Attachment 2299301
Wow! That is indeed a beautiful colour. It's a shame we don't see it more often on the roads.
Can't wait to see the V-Strom in that colour.
Hagaru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 13:40   #98
BHPian

Here's a
link to a short walk around video I found on YouTube. Must say the yellow looks so amazing. The bike also looks substantially bigger compared to the Avenis in the background.

It also seems like we'll get to see the V in flesh only in the second week of May
Shumi_21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 18:53   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Here's a link to a short walk around video I found on YouTube. Must say the yellow looks so amazing. The bike also looks substantially bigger compared to the Avenis in the background.

It also seems like we'll get to see the V in flesh only in the second week of May
Interesting, just noticed the front forks on the vstrom is a leading-axle type like the xpulse/Himalayan, which means it's not simply carried over from the Gixxer 250. Have to ride and see if there is any difference in handling and ride quality. But then why did suzuki not give it a longer travel if they went through all the trouble of changing the forks! Suzuki product development team surely are a wierd bunch.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 12:21   #100
Senior - BHPian

Been almost a month since the reveal and there’s been a lull since. Some media houses like bikewale claimed first ride reviews would be out by 2nd week of May but didn’t see anything since? Any idea if it’s available for a test-ride/dekko in the showrooms?
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 15:21   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any idea if it’s available for a test-ride/dekko in the showrooms?
I recently went to a Suzuki showroom to enquire, but they themselves seemed confused. Everyone was stating a different date. Maybe someone from Tier1 city showroom can provide a legit date, but that’s wishful thinking.

Also, second week of May is already going on and there is just no whisper about anything regarding the bike. May be they are looking into the front suspension travel

Ride Safe
Old 10th May 2022, 17:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

I think they are, as thats the only aspect panned by reviewers. Else, this delay is quite odd. The rains are here in Bengaluru and perfect time for the ADV
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
May be they are looking into the front suspension travel
Old 10th May 2022, 20:52   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why does every "adv" bike need to have that beak-like thing sticking out in the front? Does it help in any way or have all bikes basically aped the Multistrada design?
It is hard to determine who copied whom. But, in every 10 year window all the manufacturers endup with broadly similar design lines. This applies to cars as well. As much as they like to set themselves apart, they end up borrowing few strong generational design cues, that make them look similar. The beak is a prime example of such.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 07:07   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
May be they are looking into the front suspension travel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I think they are, as thats the only aspect panned by reviewers. Else, this delay is quite odd.
I think a change to longer travel suspension will warrant testing again and won't be a simple swap at this stage with the launch done already. This delay maybe a typical Japanese manufacturer way of doing things in India.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 19:21   #105
BHPian

If the suspension is not changed from the GSX 250, then essentially the only testing Suzuki has done is of the body panels.

There is a good chance this product will fail as the GSX 250 has low sales. I expected to see at least reviews from pro media outlets by now.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks