Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 13:49   #106
BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
If the suspension is not changed from the GSX 250, then essentially the only testing Suzuki has done is of the body panels.

There is a good chance this product will fail as the GSX 250 has low sales. I expected to see at least reviews from pro media outlets by now.
Marketing team of Suzuki has already done the damage to this bike. The hype/interest that should have been maintained till launch is already dead. Suzuki needs to understand that they are entering a segment that is already dominated by others, and they are not bringing anything exceptional to the table. They can’t afford to be this lazy. As a matter of fact, Himalayan 450 had maintained a hype longer than this. Suzuki’s marketing team should learn a few tricks from RE.

I absolutely agree with your observation regarding the cosmetic surgery of GSX250. Suzuki is like, everyone has an adv in their portfolio, we also need one.

Ride Safe
NTab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:50   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Exhaust should have been set higher. Somebody had pointed out that this wont even last the Mumbai 'monsoon water height', forget 'outdoor water bodies'
The ktms and the Versys seem perfectly fine with their under belly exhaust. I see no problem here.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 21:01   #108
Senior - BHPian

Technically the engine can be submerged as long as no water gets into your air intake. If the exhaust is under water and the engine stalls, it's bad right? Be it KTM, Versys or VSTROM 250, it is a worrying factor
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The ktms and the Versys seem perfectly fine with their under belly exhaust. I see no problem here.

Last edited by Sebring : 16th May 2022 at 21:03.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 23:28   #109
BHPian

What went wrong with this bike? Forget deliveries, we are yet to see media events and reviews. Perfect example of how a bike launch should "not" be.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 15:59   #110
BHPian

^^ Guess the chip shortage got to them?

--

Quote:
Technically the engine can be submerged as long as no water gets into your air intake. If the exhaust is under water and the engine stalls, it's bad right? Be it KTM, Versys or VSTROM 250, it is a worrying factor
Hydostatic lock is the worst case scenario, but it depends on what level of water you're in and how much water has entered the engine. An engine can tolerate small quantities of water entering it as long as combustion can still take place.

If you're in low enough waters, you could probably even just restart the engine and move on like nothing happened. The exhaust pipe can contain a certain volume of water before it moves up into the engine after all.

Keep the revs high when waterwading. You can clutch in and rev up, or use partial clutch to keep the revs up so that:
1> you won't stall.
2> it gives you a bigger buffer of exhaust pressures for keeping the water out of the pipe.

If someone's prone to stalling their bike, they also need to be aware of losing balance mid-crossing and dropping the bike which can be even more worrying.

So, choose your watercrossings wisely. It's just a nicer touring bike, not a dirtbike after all.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 17th May 2022 at 16:02.
drt_rdr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:21   #111
BHPian

Hopefully test ride video is coming soon. Just saw Shumi’s(Powerdrift) ig status, and he mentioned Varun is gone to test ride VStorm 250. Finally some good news.
NTab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:32   #112
Senior - BHPian

Yes, he mentioned in a podcast that there is an update coming soon (last week itself)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
Hopefully test ride video is coming soon. Just saw Shumi’s(Powerdrift) ig status, and he mentioned Varun is gone to test ride VStorm 250. Finally some good news.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 12:52   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, he mentioned in a podcast that there is an update coming soon (last week itself)
Varun Painter just uploaded the story. Vstorm 250 review coming tomorrow.
NTab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 18:20   #114
BHPian

Walkaround video:
Zigwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
Varun Painter just uploaded the story. Vstorm 250 review coming tomorrow.
The video above says reviews will be out on May 27th. Hopefully we'll get test rides too from the same date. It's been a really long wait.

Last edited by Shumi_21 : 18th May 2022 at 18:22.
Shumi_21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 07:01   #115
Senior - BHPian

First video is out, and so is that elusive Black Colour. As suspected, suspension is inadequate for even deep potholes. Screen is 'scooterish'. What do you think guys?

Last edited by Sebring : 20th May 2022 at 07:10.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 08:17   #116
BHPian

Quote:
First video is out, and so is that elusive Black Colour. As suspected, suspension is inadequate for even deep potholes. Screen is 'scooterish'. What do you think guys?
Thanks for the video. It really seems to be a decent bike, if not for the many missed opportunities by Suzuki. Playing conservatively is Suzuki'z forte. This is a bike that you can't go wrong with. No nonsense and fuss free. Hopefully Yamaha wake up and enter the market with a proper offering, but that's too much to hope for.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:18   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First video is out...
Quite a good first video actually. Normally I don't appreciate the youtuber style ride vids, but this one seems quite toned-down, to the point and shows real world usage, very useful. Credit to the creator.

But- Incredible that Suzuki aren't the first to release a first ride vid, or at least collaborate for a slicker made vid. As a marketing department do you want the first clip of your new product to be of a showroom employee filling the tank from a plastic container?! Crazy how the marketing departments of most big bike brands in India are so slow on the uptake when it comes to social media! You don't need an MBA in marketing for goodness sake, just some common sense!

Anyway as far as the bike goes, looks like the review confirms the speculation, this is not a full-on off-roader like the Xpulse, more an adv tourer. Suits me fine actually and I do like the black shade!
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 10:25   #118
BHPian

The on-road pricing is out in Bangalore - 2.73 lakhs.

Having booked one a week ago, the only thing that could come in the way of it coming home, could be an unimpressive test ride, though my confidence in Suzuki has already made me create space in my parking by moving on my Honda H'ness and Xpulse. Hoping the Vstrom will be more highway bike than the Hero and more adventure than the Honda.

Yes, I'm aware iv stated opposite purposes of the two iv just parted with. According to my usage, I reach proper mountain trails after hours and hours of highway which the xpulse felt dead on and I live in Bangalore whose traffic and streets feel horrible to gear through a Honda.
AnAntinspired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 11:31   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Suspension was only ever expected to be suited for light off-roading and city riding from day 1. As for the screen, think scooters nowadays come equipped with better screens than most entry-level performance motorcycles, so this is more a compliment than anything!

I think it looks great, can't wait for more test ride review videos to come out.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 18:59   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Looks like its behaving the way it was expected to. A strict Soft-Roader. And am personally OK with that as I need a city bike that's capable of touring on weekends. Should handle mildly rough city/town roads decently and can do 100-110 cruising with pillion w/o revving the nuts out on highways.

My current bike has 7 months left before it completes 15 years LTT, so have been looking for a change for sometime now. Was waiting for an adv from TVS but doesnt look like thats happening. Will wait for a few months to see the initial ownership reviews and possible problems(although I dont expect many as its a dressed up Gixxer afterall) & book one in a few months
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks