Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2023, 02:41   #91
BHPian

Re: Vibration issues with Suzuki Gixxer SF 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Since this post hasn't got any replies:

I have completed 350 kms now and I can notice vibrations at around 3500-4000 rpm. I still haven't revved it past 5000 rpm. The vibrations are evident on the handlebars. And I can constantly hear the buzz from the engine.
That is unfortunate. Are the vibes really annoying right now? Maybe you can wait till the first service to come to a conclusion. You will be able to use the whole rev range by then. This should give you a clearer idea about the vibration characteristics and the comfortable cruising rpms.

It is a bit surprising that the vibes are present in the 3.5-4 grand range. That is where this engine is really happy from my experience. It picks up high frequency vibes usually after 6-7k. Did you notice the same on the TD bike?

Last edited by b16h22 : 19th November 2023 at 02:46.
b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 04:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Since this post hasn't got any replies:

I have completed 350 kms now and I can notice vibrations at around 3500-4000 rpm. I still haven't revved it past 5000 rpm. The vibrations are evident on the handlebars. And I can constantly hear the buzz from the engine.
Hey, I think you should not worry much, wait till first 2 services.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:06   #93

Update -
- After spending Rs 6200 on parts change I was still getting the handle wobble issue.
- After talking to multiple people, most of them suggested me to change the tyre.
- I went to MRF depo in Greater Noida and they suggested me to do front wheel balancing.
- I first went to "Singh wheel alignment" in Delhi for front wheel alignment. He charged me Rs 400 and fixed some minor issue in my front wheel. The wobble reduced by may be 20% but issue was still there.
- Same day in the evening I went to "Tyres Shoppe" sector 5, Noida for wheel balancing. The service and tyres there were a bit expensive but I wasn't able to find any other shop with bike wheel balancing machine.
- They charged me Rs 650 for front wheel balancing, during the inspection the mechanic showed me that the shape of tyre changes on left side during rotation. Not sure how to describe in words but basically in left side of tyre there is a minor up and down movement during rotation. He told me that even balancing can't fix this.
- Next day I contacted MRF depo manager and told him everything. He is really helpful guy and asked me to come to the depo so that the can replace the tyre. I went to the depo and after 1 hr they gave me a slip which can be used to get a new tyre from MRF dealership. In the slip it was written that I have to pay Rs 1050 + fitting charges.
- I asked them if the new MRF Steel Brace tyre is available with any dealer, they asked me to go to "Aditya Tyre" near Bhangale in Noida. He even told me that the front Steel Brace would cost more than Rs 6000.
- I went to "Aditya Tyre" and even he suggested me to go for the Steel Brace. I was worried about the cost of the tyre but he told me that the MRF Revz will cost Rs 1200 including fitting and Steel Brace will cost Rs 2900 including fitting.
- A Rs 6000+ tyre for 50% of the cost and with probably 6 years of warranty sounds good to me. After discussing with my mother over a call I decided to go for Steel Brace. He even took picture of me and my bike as this was first or second tyre sold in Noida.
- After testing the bike for few kilometers I realised that the wobbling has reduced by 90% and all the money spent in past month has made as smooth as it was after first service.

In the end I want to thank members of team bhp for their guidance and I hope this post will help someone who is facing similar issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Vibration issues with Suzuki Gixxer SF 250-img_20231120_151633.jpg  

Vibration issues with Suzuki Gixxer SF 250-img_20231120_135801.jpg  

katalyst14 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks