Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 11:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
The Scrambler X will come as a bare bones bike I guess. The accessories catalogue confirms the same.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/mo...-x/accessories

Hope they don't price the accessories like they do with other Triumph bikes else one may have to spend close to a lakh on these accessories.
Yes, like any other brand. Bare bones, it shall be.
Furthermore, I am inclined to believe they will price the accessories at a premium. Would love to be wrong.
Old 28th June 2023, 11:41   #32
BHPian

186 kg and 841mm? or is it 179kg and 835mm for the 400X?
This is from the Triumph India website.

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X unveiled-screenshot-20230628-110958-scrambler-400-x.png
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 12:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
after sales is a disaster with triumph, hopefully gets a bit better with Bajaj but I don’t have much hopes
Absolutely. The association with Bajaj was something they should have avoided. Bajaj service is utter crap with untrained technicians and yet expensive, which didnt make me go for the Dominar 400, though its a great tourer. Hero seems to be doing a decent job with Harley, Triumph should have selected a better partner.
100Kmphormore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 12:43   #34
BHPian

Isn't the tank small at 13 litres? Of which I'm guessing 10litres will be usable like the dominar.
Old 28th June 2023, 13:19   #35
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was eagerly waiting for this one and these bikes looks stunning. I bought my 390 adv this year so next year this one will definitely join the garage.
Old 28th June 2023, 13:27   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice looking bikes. With the Harley X440 also coming next week, suddenly you now have 2 budget offerings from the marquee manufacturers.

Was planning to change my 12 year old Pulsar 200NS this year and these 2 looks like apt choices for me. Looking forward to the pricing and the test rides.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 14:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
186 kg and 841mm? or is it 179kg and 835mm for the 400X?
This is from the Triumph India website.
186 is wet weight including 13 liter petrol and other oils.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 14:21   #38
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Bajaj-Triumph bikes to get all-new 400cc engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal_Eagle View Post
Anyhow, in Bangalore, Keerthi Triumph service centre will screw up even this product.
Khivraj Triumph has announced they are opening soon in Bangalore and Coimbatore. I have heard Triumph service in Chennai (run by Khivraj) is miles better than Keerthi. A lot of Triumph folks go to Chennai and Kochi to get their bikes serviced.

If Khivraj gives good service, then I might as well get a triple cylinder Triumph.
Avikbrio is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 15:57   #39
BHPian

One hell of a beautiful motorcycle. Kudos to the entire team who designed this beauty. The red color looks classy with a bit of flashiness thanks to the golden USD forks. I liked this color the most. Blue also looks good.

Few observations from the pics:

* 1st quarter profile looks like Trident 660 but the golden USD forks make it stand out.

* Instrument console looks good. IMHO, the Speedo meter should have been digital and the tacho should have been be analog.

Chain without cover and exhaust muffler on the same side. This will ensure exhaust muffler will be covered in the lube which is thrown from the chain?

* No tyre hugger. (maybe these pics are for the media purpose. Maybe triumph will sell this with all the standard accessories, this is also true for the chain cover.

One thing I always think about since the Triumph - Bajaj tie-up news is I don't want it to be like BMW - TVS collab.. You know what I mean. Period.

If the performance, refinement, and reliability prove to be good then I think foll. bikes should be very aware. And not the RE 350 series, because price wise definitely Triumph will slot this near 3 Lakh Ex.showroom. So price wise no competition. And now come to the performance and equipment part, it beats the RE 350 series comfortably. So no competition here as well.

1. Honda CB300R - Even if this is overpriced and has modest power. It is the power-to-weight ratio, reliability, and refinement that kept this in the market, even if the sales were low. Now think about this Triumph Speed 400, this is so perfect in terms of almost everything. (If Triumph doesn't screw up on the service side). If this proves to be reliable and has good engine refinement (unlike the BMW - TVS collab) then Honda pls be very aware.

2. RE Interceptor 650 - If the Triumph can hold 120Kmph comfortably and enough juice left for reserve. Then I think it is a safe choice compared to RE Interceptor 650 which has still some ergonomics and wobbling issues. And yes, the weight. Even though the RE 650 has power and torque advantage it is in the weight it loses out to Triumph. City rideability going to be definitely better on the Trimph than RE 650. So let the reviews come out and let's see how this fairs in the real world. But comparing the spec sheet this should outshine the RE in terms of performance and handling. But this is just an assumption. I know a single cannot meet the refinement levels of a twin but let's see what Triumph has to offer here.

3. RE Scrambler 450 - This is an upcoming bike from RE. I don't want to call it dead on arrival because RE could price it below Triumph and give it a decent equipment set. This is also a 450 cc single cylinder so the performance levels should be identical in the paper. So least impact.

4. Kawasaki Ninja 300 -Even though this is not a direct comparison and this one is a fully fared motorcycle. I think buyers who prioritize modern equipment will definitely give it a second thought (I am quite the opposite. I prioritize reliability and refinement over equipment. I also love fully faired bikes). Because Ninja 300 is seriously outdated in terms of equipment. This is where Triumph has an edge. Also, if they can make the service cost affordable to the masses.

I don't think this new launch of Triumph will have an impact on KTM 390 twins. Because whoever buys KTM is for explosive performance and unmatched equipment levels. So unless Triumph can offer similar levels of aggressive performance no worries for KTM.
WalterWhite is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 20:10   #40
KPR
BANNED

I don't know about triumph or foreign bikes. But this design of speed 400 bike looks more like Ronin to my eyes. Ronin is being bashed for looks department. Not me. It looks pretty decent. Now there will another good looking Speed 400 like Ronin.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 20:50   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I don't know about triumph or foreign bikes. But this design of speed 400 bike looks more like Ronin to my eyes. Ronin is being bashed for looks department. Not me. It looks pretty decent. Now there will another good looking Speed 400 like Ronin.
Ronin has similar elements like round headlamps and golden forks - just very wrong proportions IMHO. And that ruins everything!

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X unveiled-triumphspeed400static1-1.jpg

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X unveiled-images-8.jpeg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 21:35   #42
BHPian

The new KTM 390 Adventure with spoked wheels, costs approx ₹4.7 Lakhs, on road- Bengaluru. Duke 390? ~ 4lakhs on-road.

Is it impractical to ask Bajaj to pull a Dominar 400 launch and surprise us?
I'll be interested if the scrambler is priced near the Duke 390 territory.

Fingers crossed.
Old 29th June 2023, 01:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Even though these bikes are made by Indian manufacturers in India, I believe they would be serviced at the main manufacturer only, like Triumph and Harley, and not Bajaj and Hero. So buyer would need to keep in mind the higher maintenance cost too.
Old 29th June 2023, 02:50   #44
BHPian

I just wish this turns out to be as refined and smooth as their Bonneville's (I have been smitten by the street twin every since my test drive in Mumbai) I have a booking in place for the cb350RS , if this gets priced well and is as refined as the other triumphs , i might move to the speed 400. Would like to know your views, what would you do?
Old 29th June 2023, 06:16   #45
BHPian

Video courtesy PowerDrift.

Watch from 1:55

It says this engine will be used only on Triumphs, and not on any other motorcycle from the Bajaj group including Bajaj. So, a collaboration like Bajaj-KTM which gave the Dominar 250 & 400 their hearts or one like TVS-BMW which gave us the RR310 is apparently ruled out.
aviator1101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks