Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2023, 20:15   #76
BHPian

Re: 2024 KTM Duke 390 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBS65 View Post

THE NEW DUKE 390

BACKGROUND
I had started my motorcycling journey with a 2011 Yamaha ....
PS- This is my first detailed post for Team-BHP.Absolutely open for suggestions to improve.Hope I have done OK.
Good summary of your experience. The finish level do leave a bad taste. Surprising that you found the brakes to be just ok, may i know the benchmark to have a fair idea.

Also, what is the service interval mentioned in the owners manual?

What was the evaluation process you followed while deciding between the Duke and speed?
Old 18th November 2023, 01:04   #77
BHPian

Quote:
The tank panels are very scratch prone as pointed out by a fellow BHPian and the only solution is to wait for an after market tank grip.
Nice update buddy!

I was getting a bit restless with the tank panels gathering micro scratches so based on some measurements went with the closest decent fitting tank grips (made for Yamaha R3) and installed it since I have a ride planned this weekend.

May not look so great considering its not custom fit but extremely practical IMO and it has helped me quite a bit with finding better grip during hard acceleration /braking
Attached Thumbnails
2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-img_6635.jpeg  

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-img_6636.jpeg  

camitesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 01:35   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Good summary of your experience. The finish level do leave a bad taste. Surprising that you found the brakes to be just ok, may i know the benchmark to have a fair idea.

Also, what is the service interval mentioned in the owners manual?

What was the evaluation process you followed while deciding between the Duke and speed?
Hi Kedar

Brakes-For normal city commute the brakes feel sure footed but while braking hard at comparatively higher speeds the braking is not confidence inspiring yet. I felt more confident while braking on the RR310.
PS-May be the brakes will bed-in properly eventually.

SERVICE INTERVAL- As mentioned in my post I don't have an owner's manual yet, in fact it was supposed to be on the KTM India app but no one has it yet. The showroom guys had told me to report at 1000kms or 45 days whichever is earlier. However, they called me earlier for a software update.

DUKE vs SPEED 400- I was fascinated by the images of the speed before its launch. Triumph brand, premium fit and finish and 400cc engine were enough to lure me. But when I went for the test ride I was disappointed by three things:-
1. Road presence is not mighty.
2. Although the engine is very tractable, torque-rich and fun to ride, but it is best suited for beginners and not for those looking for an upgrade in terms of power and thrill.
3. I felt the rear section of the bike does not justify the overall classy design.

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-img_20231118_012922.jpg

I did not find the Triumph dealership here in my place to be prompt in any matter.I observed my fellow potential buyers were pretty disappointed over how they were dealt with. The final nail in the coffin

Well in case of the Duke, it ticked all the boxes, gloriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Nice update buddy!

I was getting a bit restless with the tank panels gathering micro scratches so based on some measurements went with the closest decent fitting tank grips (made for Yamaha R3) and installed it since I have a ride planned this weekend.

May not look so great considering it is not custom fit but extremely practical IMO and it has helped me quite a bit with finding better grip during hard acceleration /braking
Hi camitesh

Woah! Thanks for answering even before I could message you about the grips. I was worried about the measurements but yours look proper and practical.
Wishing you a safe and thrilling weekend ride.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by graaja : 18th November 2023 at 05:23. Reason: Merging back to back posts
DBS65 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 12:03   #79

Quote:
SERVICE INTERVAL- As mentioned in my post I don't have an owner's manual yet, in fact it was supposed to be on the KTM India app but no one has it yet. The showroom guys had told me to report at 1000kms or 45 days whichever is earlier. However, they called me earlier for a software update.

[/b]
Thanks for sharing your experience.

The Owners Manual has been available in the KTM app at least since 29th Oct. (that's the day I took delivery of my D390)

Posting some screenshots of the same below including the Service Schedule

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-ktm-app3.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-ktm-app4.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-ktm-app2.jpg

2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-ktm-app1.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 18th November 2023 at 12:07. Reason: Inserting pictures
nikman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 12:14   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikman View Post
The Owners Manual has been available in the KTM app at least since 29th Oct. (that's the day I took delivery of my D390)

Attachment 2532813
Thank you. The service interval seems to have been extended from 3 to 5 months
kedar3223 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 12:14   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikman View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks a lot for the information. I had enquired some vloggers and SVC,hence arrived at my stated opinion. Now that you have it,I can fight for mine.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th November 2023 at 12:25. Reason: quote content trimmed
Old 18th November 2023, 12:22   #82

Bluetooth connection on Duke 390

I have got a One plus 7T smartphone and SVC guys said only One Plus phones are currently having issue with Bluetooth connection. It is getting paired but no connectivity displayed.I tried with other brand phone and it is OK.

Anyone with similar experience?

SVC guys told me they have asked for some software rectification post which I will be able to connect my phone.

Last edited by graaja : 18th November 2023 at 12:25. Reason: Capitalisation
Old 28th November 2023, 17:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamNag View Post
One of my friends Duke faced the same issue while he was traveling to native from Bangalore.

I wasn't convinced by the explanation and asked what if it repeats, reply was they will take responsibility and fix it. Hope these are one off issues and not a design/manufacturing flaws.
Is your friend a youtuber called typical kannadiga? My friend told me about a video on that channel where he described the exact same when I told him I was on the lines of booking the 390, in addition to that some panel gaps and bolts breaking.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 17:45   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Is your friend a Youtuber called typical kannadiga? My friend told me about a video on that channel where he described the exact same when I told him I was on the lines of booking the 390, in addition to that some panel gaps and bolts breaking.
Yes, it's the same bike.
Old 28th November 2023, 20:29   #85
BHPian

Congrats to the members who have got the bike. I am planning to get one soon as Duke has always been my dream bike and now I can finally afford it but I am hearing a lot of complaints about the vibrations where people are reporting that the vibration is so bad that is losening the mirrors in bike. Is it true? if not how bad are the vibes on this compared to the older models?
Old 28th November 2023, 22:00   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarn View Post
Congrats to the members who have got the bike. I am planning to get one soon as Duke has always been my dream bike and now I can finally afford it but I am hearing a lot of complaints about the vibrations where people are reporting that the vibration is so bad that is losening the mirrors in bike. Is it true? if not how bad are the vibes on this compared to the older models?
Those folks that have vibration complaints should stick to the Japs. This one is not for everyone. Do make your choice after a proper test ride.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 22:11   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Those folks that have vibration complaints should stick to the Japs. This one is not for everyone. Do make your choice after a proper test ride.
I agree, I currently ride a 2019 Apache RTR 2004V so I am accustomed to vibes but the issue is in Bangalore you rarely get the chance to do a proper test ride hence, want to hear the feedback of others too who currently own the bike.
Old 28th November 2023, 22:45   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it's a vibey bike, no two ways about it. They tend to be harsher in the lower mid revs and tend to smoothen out a bit at higher rpms/highway cruising speeds. You'll always have a sense of tingle that's ever-present. It felt rougher compared to the gen 2 Duke.

But honestly, it's nothing to complain about. I got used to it over the test ride and it doesn't hinder the ability to cruise or push the bike to its limits.
kedar3223 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 22:49   #89
BHPian

Quote:
As I have experienced(ridden close to 100kms) at idle it does have some vibes but nothing that should stop one from buying. When I rode it for the first time the engine felt more like a honda than a ktm especially when we roll of the throttle. If you stay within 6000-7000 rpm don't think vibrations should bother you. Above that the windblast will make you forget the vibrations unless you are revving at low gears. As a whole if I were to buy would wait till few months atleast, feel that there are some fixes are needed for the new engine and assembly line to sort few things. As I understand there are multiple oil jet blockage leading to clutch failure and eventually engine seizure reported, read somewhere that it was in certain batch but not sure on that.
PreethamNag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 10:59   #90

Hi all. The stock headlamps on the D390 are really under-powered. Street lighting is more powerful than the haedlamps. Had a near miss yesterday on a poorly lit road.

If any of the owners here have changed their stock lamps to brighter ones (within the specifications) please suggest options. Would prefer something with warmer color (yellower instead of the stock white LEDs) than the stock lamps.

I have attached the screenshot from the user manual mentioning the wattage for the Low Beam and High Beam lamps for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 KTM Duke 390 Review-d390headlamp.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks