Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2023, 10:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches

Copied from RE Classic 350 ? Yes.
Do I absolutely love it ? Also Yes.
I don't think they have tuned the engine differently so the gearing will be taller making it have same riding experience as the Highness/RS. Bike looks beautiful to me in this avtar.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches-screenshot_2023111910274526_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg  

Ratan Prabhu is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 11:33   #32
BHPian

Shameless copying of RE when they could have reverted to the original CB 350 looks. Maybe the dismal sales figures are tempting Honda to go the easy way. Hope the fate of Dominar don't happen to CB 350!
Ashley Nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 21:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Shameless copying of RE when they could have reverted to the original CB 350 looks. Maybe the dismal sales figures are tempting Honda to go the easy way. Hope the fate of Dominar doesn't happen to CB 350!
True, This is a disgrace to the original CB 350 design. I own the original CB350 Twin, very disturbed after seeing Honda ruining the name sad

Last edited by justin.das : 19th November 2023 at 21:19.
justin.das is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 21:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
Copied from RE Classic 350? Yes.
I wonder, how they get away with such antics! Although I like the design and it indeed looks like copied straight away from the Classic 350, I am never again going to put my money on a Honda motorcycle. No matter how good it is. It's the bad customer service and experience, which I have documented elsewhere on the forum, that led me to reject Honda permanently.

I wish them luck in selling their motorcycles, although quite honestly; and openly admitting it here, I wish they fail spectacularly here in India and learn a very hard lesson for the rest of their lives.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 12:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
Copy my homework but don't make it obvious. Honda: I'll just make it look worse.

Attachment 2532854
Looks like my post on reddit made it here, including the caption. I might have had too much free time to make this collage.

Can we split the thanks received?
lazyrev is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 12:35   #36
BHPian

There are people who want a RE and bike to look exactly like that. Cant blame Honda for trying
The maroon does look good. Why did they make the exhaust tip so narrow ? It however looks like a more refined version of the standard 350 than the classic.
PreludeSH is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 13:06   #37
BHPian

For those who want an RE with supreme reliability and refinement...Head to the bigwing store!
Sam.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 13:50   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
There are people who want a RE and bike to look exactly like that. Cant blame Honda for trying
The maroon does look good. Why did they make the exhaust tip so narrow ? It however looks like a more refined version of the standard 350 than the classic.
Precisely, There obviously is a market and Honda simply reshuffled the parts of the Highness around to make this. Therefore it didn't take much R&D and it simply gives the customer another option, I see no reason why people are dissmissing the CB as a "copy".

As far as being a "copy" goes, do we consider the Hunter a copy of the Triumph Street Twin?
Matt777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 14:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Why did they make the exhaust tip so narrow ?
That's called a peashooter exhaust and it is very classically and traditionally old 70s Honda.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 15:11   #40
BHPian

This is exactly the reason I did not go with the Honda twins when I was choosing my bike.....The philosophy seems to be "let us be like another brand's product while retaining Honda's tech"..... so far removed from Honda's philosophy of being Honda first.
Old 20th November 2023, 15:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
This is exactly the reason I did not go with the Honda twins when I was choosing my bike.....The philosophy seems to be "let us be like another brand's product while retaining Honda's tech"..... so far removed from Honda's philosophy of being Honda first.
While I understand your perspective, if you go to any BigWing service center, you will see that 95% of the vehicles turning up are the CB350 twins. Honda is not particularly at the top of the food chain in India. In fact, they are what one would call scavengers and can't afford to be too worried about their image, can they. So, if this effort brings them even 20 percent more revenue to them, they will happily take it.

Personally, I am glad Honda didn't go with this version in the beginning itself. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought the H'ness.
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 16:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
In fact, they are what one would call scavengers and can't afford to be too worried about their image, can they. So, if this effort brings them even 20 percent more revenue to them, they will happily take it.
And that's what's sad isn't it Prakash?? For a company like HONDA to be called scavengers? To be happy selling Activas in spite of having one of the best product portfolios and R&D departments in the world.
Indraneel Bhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 20:26   #43
BHPian

Two clear improvements over the older version are the body coloured mudguards and the split seats. I have the anniversary edition which has both of these; I think these should have been standard on all variants. The new exhaust is also better matched with this type of bike. Overall, I still prefer the clean looks of the older version.
Old 20th November 2023, 20:46   #44
BHPian

Looks like Honda have added auxiliary lights as part of accessories too, does anyone have more info on this and how much they cost?

Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches-enhancedsafety_dev1.jpg
Black_Star is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 21:13   #45

I am planning to upgrade from Activa to Bike (Though I have driven Pulsar, that was long back in 2014). After many thoughts with my wife, we finalised on 3 bikes,

1. Bajaj Dominar 400 (My Choice. As I always like Bajaj from Pulsar days)
2. Honda H’ness CB350 (This is due to ownership experience from Activa and fuss free drive for last 10 years or so)
3. RE Meteor 350. (Looks and comfort for me and wife)

Now with the introduction of CB350, we seems to have received one more option. The main reason is, my better half likes RE looks and seating (Especially RE Classic 350) and Fuel Efficiency of CB 350 (40+ Km/Ltr as per her checks on YouTube).

A test drive will give a better clarity. Fingers crossed..
Mrs&Mr_Shenu is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks