Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 12:58   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Shameless copying of RE when they could have reverted to the original CB 350 looks.
Absolutely. What Honda needs is the true blue CB350 with it's classic good looks, twin pods, twin pipes and the amazing two cylinder engine.....not another copycat Bullet.
windiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 13:48   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
The main reason is, my better half likes RE looks and seating (Especially RE Classic 350) and Fuel Efficiency of CB 350 (40+ Km/Ltr as per her checks on YouTube).
Many have reported getting 40+ Kmpl in the latest RE Classic 350. In fact some have reported even 45 Kmpl.
Singer_Shower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 15:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Shower View Post
Many have reported getting 40+ Kmpl in the latest RE Classic 350. In fact some have reported even 45 Kmpl.
On my 6 month old, 6000 km run Classic 350, I get 38/39 (if ridden at 80/90 kmph) to 47/48 (if ridden at 65/70 kmph) on highways.
pachchu77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:43   #49
BHPian

Dear mods, some kind of bug in post #47. The original post is not mine, still showing as posted by me (RD150). Request you to look into it.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
For those who want an RE with supreme reliability and refinement...Head to the bigwing store!
I had a Honda 150cc commuter for 4 years and it had its fair share of niggles and outright problems. Infact I had to sale it because of a big issue that their ASC couldn't solve and admitted that it's a common issue. Whereas although my RE ownership experience is less than a year but so far seems alright in terms of reliability. Fingers crossed. Honda being supreme reliable is a myth today. May be their litre class motorcycles are more reliable compared to a Harley but in this segment they are all the same and infact Honda bikes are coming with many issues these days. You can find some in Tbhp itself.

Quote:
My classic 350 is two months and thousand KMs old. I'm getting about 31kmpl in 100% bumper to bumper city traffic. I haven't taken it to highways yet so can't comment on highway mileage figure.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
My classic 350 is two months and thousand KMs old. I'm getting about 31kmpl in 100% bumper to bumper city traffic. I haven't taken it to highways yet so can't comment on highway mileage figure.
So at least 35 kmpl can be expected in normal city rides.
Assuming the comfort it offers, I think it's still worth it.
Singer_Shower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:29   #52
BHPian

Quote:
So at least 35 kmpl can be expected in normal city rides.
Assuming the comfort it offers, I think it's still worth it.
Can't assume the exact figure. It also depends on road conditions and riding styles. Considering my bike has done only 1st service, I hope it will increase in the future. But let's not get too off topic here.

I personally think Honda could've done much better by launching their international products like they did with CBR250R back in time and more recently the CB300R. These are what Honda is known for in lower capacity single cylinder segment and they should've stuck to that and market them properly rather than trying to get out of its character and have CB350 line up which is anything but Honda. If RE wants to make a CBR650R copy from their own 650 line up by tweaking the engine and what not, it'll be a flop. Don't know why Honda is trying to do the opposite.

Last edited by Carpainter : 23rd November 2023 at 17:31.
Carpainter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 18:50   #53
BHPian

Yesterday took Test ride of Honda CB 350 Matt dune and classic 350 back to back in Pune.
CB 350 has good road presence and looks amazing even in the company of RE classic.
I liked
1. The ultra refined nature of Honda's engine
2. Thump of the bike is great and it seeps into the riding in a good way, not just a vanity feature
3. The gearing is tall but I don't think that is an issue as the clutch is super light.

I din't like
1. Riding position is bit aggressive compared to RE classic. Classic is like melting into the chassis literally
2. PRICE : very important part as I went with the mindset of buying the cheeper DLX variant(1,99,000) as mentioned in most bike sites but to my surprise in Maharashtra the price difference between the DLX and DLX pro variant is just 3k i.e. 2.14 and 2.17 respectively

IMHO The ride quality of Honda and classic shouldn't be compared as they both are impressive in their own right.
They are very different machines and we certainly have space for both and more retro machines in the market.
Nats is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 09:03   #54

Got a test ride from Big Wing, Vytilla, Kochi. As it was Sunday, traffic was very less.
If one can set aside, "Honda Ki Bullet" thought, this bike seems to fit correctly to RE Classic 350 competitor.

First Impression:

1. CB350 is slightly bigger than Highness.

2. Seat is bit more hard and wide. Myself and wife had a gap of almost 15-20 centimeters while driving and yet it is comfortable and ample room. Riding is comfortable in this seat.

3. Exhaust note is not similar to highness (IMO latter has a better one).

4. Mudguards are covering the tyre-well and seems capable of stopping mud splashing synonymous with highness 350.

5. Handlebar position is good. Still get bit confused on turn indicator and horn.

Additional Points:

1. As @nats mentioned in previous post, Price is not 1.99 Lakhs for DLX. It is around 2.14 - 2.15 Lakhs for DLX. This price along with 21% tax + Insurance + Extended Warranty = 2.82 Lakhs. (Honda missed a golden opportunity here).

2. DLX Pro is 2.18 lakhs ex-showroom. On-road 2.86 Lakhs. I am still trying to recollect difference between DLX and DLX Pro variants.

3. Honda is offering a 12,800 discount for youngsters (Age 18-25) to attract more customers.

Some Snaps
Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches-cb-350-grey.jpg

Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches-cb-350.jpg
Mrs&Mr_Shenu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 13:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs&Mr_Shenu View Post
Honda is offering a 12,800 discount for youngsters (Age 18-25) to attract more customers.
You can take advantage of this offer only if you are really between 18 to 25 or you are above 50 and would buy under your kids name.
What about buyers in 30 to 40 years age group who are the actual buyers of the retro bikes i.e. 90s kids who aspired to buy these bikes
Nats is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 23:16   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
What about buyers in 30 to 40 years age group who are the actual buyers of the retro bikes i.e. 90s kids who aspired to buy these bikes
That Exactly why Honda Missed the trick here and I mentioned this in my previous post. 18-25 age Bracket except for few are looking towards Pulsar, KTM kind of bikes . The "Middle age crisis" people opts for Bike with looks and class.

Honda could have understood this better, could have done a marketing for the second category and may be few more customers would have joined the party. is this a shot on own foot for Honda, god knows!!

Also the pricing between DLX and DLX pro is really confusing. DLX Pro has additional features like,

1. Honda Smartphone Voice Control system (HSVCS) ,
2. Chrome Headlight Cover,
3. Body Coloured Fendor
4. Brown Colour seat instead of Black.
Mrs&Mr_Shenu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 10:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3. Honda is offering a 12,800 discount for youngsters (Age 18-25) to attract more customers.

It would be really interesting to see what the marketing MBAs displayed in their presentation to get that kind of a discount for that particular age group. Funny what all these marketing guys get away with in companies. Some of the plans are pure stupid award category!!!

A discount on a retro looking item for the genZ! Wow!! What a plan sirji!!!
navpreet318 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 16:33   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Got a test ride from Big Wing, Vytilla, Kochi.
Is the gearing still super tall like the Highness or have they altered it? That discount for 18-25 yr old is so lame. Honda never fails to amuse me with their stupid marketing tactics. CB350 RS is the only model in that lineup that attracts youngsters, so they should have given discount for that one instead.
RD410 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 13:40   #59
BHPian

Interesting to see how this will pan out for Honda. While the market leader is building bikes like hunter to target the youngsters, it is strange Honda thinks discounts will attract younger generation or someone will gift it to their college going kids.

The only attraction I've seen so far is their delivery timelines
Old 2nd January 2024, 23:33   #60
BHPian

The moment Honda launched the CB 350 my dad has an urge to check it out. So today we have gone to Bigwing Pezhakkapilly for the TD.

Taking a closer look at Honda CB 350 Classic, I have understood that its just looks alike with Royal Enfield but the ride is day and night apart. The Honda CB 350 classic has a kerb weight of 187Kg which is 6 kilos greater than it's twin Highness. I have ridden both back to back for 4km and here are my observations.

• Initially in the first glance, seeing the highness alongside we knew how actually CB 350 is much bigger in all aspects. Surely an head turner in roads.
  • The difference between deluxe and deluxe pro model is only 3K which additionally offers Bluetooth connectivity, chrome elements in headlight, coffee brown seats and a mudguard with same body colour( In deluxe models it came
    black as default)
  • The engine is much refined and offers good low end torque, one can comfortably ride through the city in 3rd gear.
  • The seats in CB 350 makes the whole ride different, it provides comfort orient slipt seat for rider and pillion. Also the upright relaxed riding posture adds upto it.
  • It is a comfortable highway cruiser in 80-100Kmph range and the refined engine reduces fatigue and reduces frequent breaks for the rider.
  • Highness is much more agile in city traffic and easier to handle due to its smaller size as compared to CB 350.
  • At standstill CB 350 needs some efforts to move around, but when it starts running it goes with the flow. Bigger size of the bike make it difficult for sharp U turns in the city and agility in city traffic.

I have only experienced the in city conditions and my views are limited. There are not much niggles reported till now and let's waited for Bhpians review on this classic.

Attaching below some stills during the TD.

Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches-img_20240102_232212.jpg

Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches-img_20240102_232241.jpg

Honda teases new variant of CB350 with classic touches-img_20240102_232313.jpg
FueledbyFury is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks