Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 00:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Somehow missed this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No my friends. Nobody buys a blogbook. Thanks but I'm not that good.

But it means a lot that you guys encourage me to write. That's why I'm writing more and more everyday on Team-BHP. Your appreciation is more than enough for me.
Waah wahh.. like my uncle once said 'What a modesty man!' . Nice write up .. I liked the nostalgia flash back part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hush your mouth. You're ruining my image.
So Sam, you sold your RX.. then you got a CBR and sold that too? Me thinks you need to be banned from the Mobikes section

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Yes, lets hear about the CBR.
Yes, time to tell us about that sad story !

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Dad: Why not CT100. Our carpenter came from mysore on 1 ltr fuel.
Me: Dad i rather go walking than loose my respect.
Dad: Ok lets see.
Thats Classsssiiiiic !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Excellent !!! Nice to see all the big boys of the forum share the same feeling about the RX. I learnt driving on my friend's Rx135 in college. I could not imagine myself riding any other bike after that. When i had to money to buy a bike finally (after 5 long years) everyone wanted me to buy the pulsar. But i made the right decision. Im still happy and will never part with my RX at any cost.
Wise choice kash. Some of us would never part with our RXs, esp many those who bought it before the Pulsur / CBZ era.
Old 27th May 2008, 12:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

I sat on the RX many a times and rode it only once. That was the moment I fell in love! I am sure many of you had moments when you were sitting with your girl and still staring at the RX
Old 28th May 2008, 01:22   #108
BHPian

Ahh, this brings back some fond memories. wait, no it doesn't, I'm only 19 and my first bike was not really a bike.

still, a very good read nevertheless. it made me want to make a list of the crazy things i should do while i still can.

oh, first post after my hiatus from Tbhp. yay!
Old 17th June 2008, 02:57   #109

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please do not type in FULL CAPS. It negatively affects readability. Thanks

Oh this has brought my OLD memories back .I was 21 when I got my new RX 100 from Pacer Auto,Bangalore.The year was 1987.
Best manouverable bike till today I have driven,Used to do wheelie in those days,Each and every vehicle on the road was overtaken( SUZUKI ,KAWASAKI,HH 100CC WERE THE COMPETITORS) with utmost ease,red signals were left before any other vehicle moved.
I have travelled on this beauty on the whole of bangalore roads( MGs,Brigades,commercial street....),smoked n no. of fags while leisure driving..........
It has been long time since I left bangalore ( Sorry bangaluru now) and so many years have passed.I got zen and sold it too.Got an SX-4 as it was required for the family ,but would like to tell you the best part now..

I STILL HAVE KEPT MY RX 100 WITH ME TILL TODAY AND STILL TRY DOING WHEELIE ON IT.I HAVE REFUSED SO MANY OFFERS FOR THIS BIKE EVEN TODAY.I DRIVE IT ALONE SOME TIMES AND TRY TO RECOLLECT MY OLD MEMORIES .MY WIFE SAYS TO PART WITH IT AND GET A SCOOTY FOR HER SO THAT SHE AND OUR DAUGHTER CAN RIDE IT.I SAY IT IS STILL GOING STRONG AND YOU WILL NOT UNDER STAND WHAT IT MEANS TO ME.
IT WAS SUMMER VACATIONS FOR MY DAUGHTER THIS TIME AND SHE COMES TO ME AND ASKS ,DAD ,CAN YOU TEACH ME TO DRIVE YOUR YAMAHA RX 100....
WITH TEARS IN MY EYES I SAY ,SURELY BETA I WILL TEACH YOU AND AS I DO NOT GET MUCH TIME TO DRIVE IT YOU ARE GOING TO KEEP MY RX 100 LEGACY LIVE.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2008 at 13:15.
Old 18th June 2008, 18:11   #110
BHPian

At the age of Mid-30, I have purchased a second hand RX-100 and spent a fortune on it to make it the most powerful/fast bike, much to the chagrin of my family/friends! I say it's more than worth it. . when somebody compliments, I feel great! when I/Others ride it, they know what I mean! Thanks Sam for the wonderful account.
Old 2nd July 2008, 18:57   #111

Reminds me of my RX100 - I bought it 5 years ago when I finished my 11th std, and had it for just 2 months. In those 2 months I managed to get every part on the RX except the silencer replaced and get a custom paint job done.

My dad (he owned an RX100 when I was a kid) somehow felt it's not the right bike for me and bought me a, guess what.? Honda Activa!! :(

Thus my short lived RX100 dream came to an end. And my uncle got the keys to the RX.

Here's the only pic I have of the bike and it doesn't do the paint job any justice.
Attached Thumbnails
YetiBlog® - Yamaha RX100 memories-yamaha.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 19:15   #112
BHPian

Sam Bhai..Amazing story. bought back some good ol memories. Though I had a Shogun from my college times, my best friend had a RX 100.

We never bothered about who takes which bike. We both used to take the bike home which key used to come in hand first.

Thank you for the great memory!!
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:09   #113
Senior - BHPian

An Excellent report from Heart. Great.

I am still regretting selling Caliber.
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:39   #114
BHPian

Sam,
A nice write up, your ability to narrate incidents and make people relate to relate or go through the same emotions, is truly superb, and ensures that any number of times you read it, it does not lose its intensity.

Though my college days memories were more on a lambretta, on which I learnt the nuts and bolts of 2 wheelers, my yamaha RXZ has a very special place. I am sure that is the case of every RX owner especially the ones which belong to the initial batches. The RX is a very reliable machine, and takes any amount of misuse, and still runs reliably.

Right from my schools days, I had a craze for the RX and the Bullet. When one of my friends gave me a Yamaha Sticker during my schoolday, it was kept safe till I bought my RXZ, and stuck it on the rear of the helmet, which I bought along with it. Even today after 10years you can feel the engine coming alive every time the throttle is opened. Now when I had to shift temporarily to Hyd.,this was my choice of vehicle for the hyderabad roads. After riding on the smoke filled congested roads of Chennai, its a pleasure to be revving it on the broad SP road right in the middle of the city. The only problem with the vehicle is getting geniune spares!!
Old 4th July 2008, 14:11   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Wise choice kash. Some of us would never part with our RXs, esp many those who bought it before the Pulsur / CBZ era.
How true how true! I couldn't ever ever part with my RXZ. Like Sam had said, the bike is an extension of me. It is my hands and legs. It breathes when I do. Has anybody seen the movie Eragon? The relationship is something like that shared between the dragon and the rider in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post

The only problem with the vehicle is getting geniune spares!!
Yup! The fake ones fade away and lose their colour in about a year. If anyone knows of any place in Bangalore where you get them and a good mechanic for RX's please do let me know (I'm new to this city!)
Old 4th July 2008, 16:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

sam'ji' I was expecting to see "the boy sam" pics in this thread and how would the Yeti looked on a puny RX100
Old 4th July 2008, 17:04   #117
BHPian

hmmm..... brings back memories for me too.... was the first mo-bike I rode. Friend of mine who used to borrow my moped taught me when he got a RX-100. His story goes :

Him : want a bike
His Father : any thing but not a mo-bike
Him : no go; only mo-bike
His Father : ok, any mo-bike but not RX-100
Him : no go; only RX-100

My friend won and I would borrow the bike whenever I wanted.

Another time when I went to Bombay for a holiday after completing college and some of the neighbourhood guys (my cousin's friends) were hanging around with a RX-100. I asked to take a ride and all the guys were very impressed. Cousin gave them a story that I was 17 and later on told me that one of the guys had fallen in love with me......

Funny memories. Thanks Sam for bringing them back.
Old 4th July 2008, 17:11   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
I asked to take a ride and all the guys were very impressed. Cousin gave them a story that I was 17 and later on told me that one of the guys had fallen in love with me......

Funny memories. Thanks Sam for bringing them back.
You are welcome, I am glad you enjoyed the tale.

As for you lot who are making funny faces at the above sentence, for the record - wheelieJ is a lady.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:35   #119
BHPian

My Experience with RX 100

Note from Support: Text format tags removed. Don't copy-paste from a word processor. Use Notepad instead. Thanks!

I just woke up, was having tea on one hand and a newspaper on the other, sitting idly glancing. It was a quiet morning and soon my ears sensed a familiar sound coming from a distance. It drew near slowly and it was the unmistakable music of a cruising bike breaking the silence. I raised my head and looked out and saw a beat passing by slowly, with the rider looking all around as if he had no care in the world. The sound slowly thinned out, yet it remained the only sound. It was the enigmatic RX 100..leaving you mesmerized with its music note..

While I was in 6th standard, I first recognized the RX 100 which my cousin brought home. I was cast in its spell..a gleaming blue RX 100 with a seductive note. I kept admiring it like a baby in candy shop. I told my parents that when I grow up I want an RX. But Papa said no because elders saw Rx as a wild beast. I drooled at my cousin’s RX in the following years. He kept it dust free and shining every time. I dreamed and dreamed.. By the time my elder brother turned 18, he requested dad that he be given an RX. But Papa said no again and instead gave brother a CD 100 (fill it shut it forget it..true, you forget CD 100 or any other bikes because there’s no emotional attachment..it’s just an instrument for going from point A to point B). But RX was something else..the sheer passion associated with RX is unexplainable and it was like your body extension. My brother used CD 100 for 1 year, but he didn’t care for it, it was like a junk material at the end of the year and finally, dad was forced to buy a Black RX 100 for brother in 1995.

Soon, we had our own RX. I took it on my own to brush up and wash RX everyday to keep it shining, where you can see your face on the chromes. I learned to ride it after many mis-starts. The beast didn’t like me tending it carefully. Soon I was enjoying the rides along with my brother and we used to quarrel for riding more. But everything good things must come to an end and one day, after his engineering, brother went to Chennai and he took his RX along and I was left hanging. The worse was yet to come with Yamaha stopping production of Rx 100 in 1996 and I had to wait for 1 more year to obtain my driving license.

In Chennai, the beast went thro extremes. Brother never cared much for the bike, the paint started wearing out, the chromes got bit rusty, bike got dusty, he didn’t check the oil..still the Rx baby kept going on and on and on..in 1997, I got my license and requested dad for my bike..specifically an used RX 100. dad was against RX this time also but I forced him so much and finally got an 1987 model RX which was recently redone with spanking metallic blue paint..i just couldn’t wait to lay my hands on this baby and my journeys started. I just kept my baby in showroom condition and loves the envious glances of the passersby..

In 1999, my brother took a new car and he gave me his old RX and told that it should never be sold. Now I was in confusion as to keep both or sell my RX. Finally I decided to sell my blue RX (though with much disappointment, as my financier (dad) ordered me to do so. I really didn’t feel like parting with it). When my brother’s bike arrived, it was in a sorry state, not even a drop of oil, seats were torn, indicators bend..i almost cried seeing it, but the baby sounded awesome. Dad understood me and told that he would get it reconditioned by Yamaha service and the black Rx was off for some treatment. Everything was redone (but not the engine) and repainted to Maroon and it was out in 2 weeks time, looking brand new..

In-between I had purchased a Pulsar DTSi in 2006 and over the 2.5 years, it has run only 2500 kms. I’m thinking about selling off my pulsar now. There’s no life in riding it. Its just a 2-wheeler to go from one point to another.

The journey in my RX still continues and whenever brother visits us in Kerala, we go for long rides..the baby returns a mileage of around 45 km/ litre. On weekends, I would take it out and wander all along the town and country sides just for the pleasure of riding it..I love the exhaust note so much, especially when going downhill or climbing steeply in 4th gear or cruising along the free roads. Godddd…that;s the most satisfying sound that a guy would ever hear. While you are crusing in 4th, just try slowing down, shift the gear to 3rd and raise the accelerator, listen to the sound and the adrenaline rushing all way up your body.. Does the new age DTSi’s or new age technological junks give such pleasure? where’s the fun in really experiencing what riding is all about? All the new gen bikes sound same in traffic and you instantly turn head when the royal exhaust of an RX comes by..

“Class is Permanent’’. Class for RX 100 is forever. It’s in a class of its own, no matter what the competitors bring in. for those who say ’’Definitely Male’’, let them ride a RX 100 and say it. It is the SHEER PASSION that makes Yamaha RX 100 riding different and you get so involved in the riding. It’s not like riding for a destination. I just savor every moment of my journey in it and would never eversell my RX. Once Yamaha made ads like “A Man and his Passion”.. It’s just true..and “listen to he heart beat of Yamaha”.

As I write these, I could hear the distant familiar sound of a beast again gaining on me..

Last edited by aah78 : 7th August 2008 at 20:04. Reason: See note.
Old 21st October 2008, 18:59   #120
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Then I had that terrible accident on my way to Pune. I was wearing a helmet and I didn't break any bones but I was bruised bad and the bike was totalled. We had to ask the ST bus to back up so we could extract the bike from under the double wheel.
The clutch meets brake incident eh Sam? Don't know how I missed this thread. Its so wonderful to read all your experiences. Even better when you narrate them in person.

I know exactly how the feeling is. Those bike days I say.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks