Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:35   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Hey, I'd like to see pictures of the new headlights in action and also the fit.
Will post those pics soon i forgot the memory card today. well here is an updated snap of the bike with new rubber and chrome silencer. thanks to fellow bhpian speed pujari for the nice snap.
Attached Thumbnails
Living with my dream my RX 135-yamaha.jpg  

Last edited by praJEEP : 2nd May 2008 at 11:36.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Will post those pics soon i forgot the memory card today. well here is an updated snap of the bike with new rubber and chrome silencer. thanks to fellow bhpian speed pujari for the nice snap.
Which tires are these and why have you installed the 4-speed exhaust?
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:54   #93
BHPian

The rear tyre is ceat sport 3.00 x 18, the front is MRF zapper 2.75 x 18 there was a spare zapper tyre with my friend hence got it free. what do you mean by 4 speed exhaust mine is a 4 speed only. this is an rx 100 exhaust to get that real sound and thump of an rx.

EDIT : is there any problem in installing this exhaust, please feel free to tell.

Last edited by praJEEP : 2nd May 2008 at 11:56.
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which tires are these and why have you installed the 4-speed exhaust?
Prajeep, are those ceat tyres? Any reason why these knobby tyres? Although they give you good grip, the ride will not be all that great compared to regular street tyres.
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rear tyre is ceat sport 3.00 x 18, the front is MRF zapper 2.75 x 18 there was a spare zapper tyre with my friend hence got it free. what do you mean by 4 speed exhaust mine is a 4 speed only. this is an rx 100 exhaust to get that real sound and thump of an rx.

EDIT : is there any problem in installing this exhaust, please feel free to tell.
I thought your bike is a 5-speed when I saw that original exhaust you had before.

Post the headlight snaps asap.
Old 2nd May 2008, 14:06   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I thought your bike is a 5-speed when I saw that original exhaust you had before.

Post the headlight snaps asap.
Hope these pics are enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Living with my dream my RX 135-dsc00043.jpg  

Living with my dream my RX 135-dsc00045.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2008, 20:33   #97
Senior - BHPian

That Ceat is a hard compound tyre. Unless you intend on using the bike extensively on broken tarmac or dirt i would advise against that tyre. Better tyres are available today.
Old 2nd May 2008, 20:36   #98
Team-BHP Support

Sankar's got a point, those are not good for regular street use and for rains.

MRF has launched new zappers and they are extremely good. Also front tyres, is the direction of rotation correct?
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:00   #99
BHPian

the direction given on the tyre is correct as it is fitted. heard some where that the reverse direction is good for better handling and gripping!!
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:26   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
That Ceat is a hard compound tyre. Unless you intend on using the bike extensively on broken tarmac or dirt i would advise against that tyre. Better tyres are available today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Prajeep, are those ceat tyres? Any reason why these knobby tyres? Although they give you good grip, the ride will not be all that great compared to regular street tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Sankar's got a point, those are not good for regular street use and for rains.

MRF has launched new zappers and they are extremely good. Also front tyres, is the direction of rotation correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
the direction given on the tyre is correct as it is fitted. heard some where that the reverse direction is good for better handling and gripping!!
Will change them asap and update you guyz, will keep these ceat tyres as
spare..

EDIT: A help required from you guyz, i need RX 135 workshop manual pls help.

Last edited by praJEEP : 3rd May 2008 at 11:36.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:10   #101
Senior - BHPian

Ok Pradeep. Please mount the tyres as per the direction given on the sidewall, reverse mounting the tyres would not channel the water out as expected causing it to aquaplane. And reverse mounting will increase the rolling resistance. Honestly i don't know about grip, it would be same or poorer.

The guys riding with these unidirectional tyres on the track can't be wrong with the direction of tyre mounting, can they?

My suggestion for the tarmac is Zapper Q at the back and Zapper FS a the front (or FV if you can't get FS).
Old 6th May 2008, 15:08   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Dudes the Swaraj Mazda headlamp unit is just the headlamp lens and reflector unit. It doesn't come with wiring or connector.

It holds the H4 bulb, but you can choose between a p45t or a p43t H4 bulb headlamp assy. Opt for p43t coz this type is what comes on most of the new vehicles and most of the aftermarket bulbs from Philips Narva etc fits this type of a holder.

Connector you can opt for roots ceramic ones or the normal plastic/bakelite variety.
Hey Guys,
After seeing the stuff explained in this thread, I got myself a swaraj mazda headlamp (GoldStar) doom for Rs 150/=. When i opened my stock headlight, i realized that it is not a straight fit. Im not able to separate the chrome beading that comes with the stock headlamp doom. It has some 6-8 pins to hold the glass reflector unit and im not able to take it apart.
Also, im not sure if the swaraj mazda unit will have the same screw positions like the stock unit.
Can someone help me ?
Old 6th May 2008, 16:16   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope these pics are enough.
Cool, you can hardly make out that its been replaced. Whenever you have the time post pics of the bulb close up and them switched on at night.
Old 10th May 2008, 19:48   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Hey Guys,
After seeing the stuff explained in this thread, I got myself a swaraj mazda headlamp (GoldStar) doom for Rs 150/=. When i opened my stock headlight, i realized that it is not a straight fit. Im not able to separate the chrome beading that comes with the stock headlamp doom. It has some 6-8 pins to hold the glass reflector unit and im not able to take it apart.
Also, im not sure if the swaraj mazda unit will have the same screw positions like the stock unit.
Can someone help me ?
These pins can be removed with the help of cuttingplier or a nose plier, you can do this yourself but i would rather suggest you to go to a mechanic. where did you get the swaraj mazda doom i paid 110rs its autopal make i purchased it at car automobiles jc road they are the distrubutors for swara mazda, eicher, mahindra and many more. get an H4 pin also. the mazda unit will fit into the same screw postions no need to worry. please feel free do drop in a pm if any help required.

Quote:
Cool, you can hardly make out that its been replaced. Whenever you have the time post pics of the bulb close up and them switched on at night.
Will post these pics on monday, going for a 250km ride tommorow.

MODS could you please change the title of the thread to

Living with my dream my RX 135

Last edited by praJEEP : 10th May 2008 at 19:55. Reason: correcting typos, i am very bad at typing.
Old 15th May 2008, 12:40   #105
BHPian

An RX 135 workshop manual required, any leads guyz ???

Well i have to say that i completed the runnin, and got the engine tuned last saturday. the engine is buttersmooth and its a dream drive nowadays. have taken the bike upto 90km/hr. haven't taken it more than that. on 10th took the bike for some offroading stuff to manchanbele dam with Xbhp riders. trust me there are no roads laid at all roads are filled with stones and pothholes. the ceat sport tyre was put to full use sankar i vouch for that it's defnetly an offroad tyre the tyre literally sucked all the stones, to and fro ended up 135kms.

The best part of the bike is its drinking good amount of 2t oil. 500ml lasts for 400kms vice versa. there is still 600ml of shell 2t reamaining in the bike. have bought yamaha lube for the next change. searching for Zapper Q's 100/90 is miserable job i tell you, i litterally lost my patience. Thanks to satya for providing the info of sai tyres. man must say he stocks each and every tyres. he quoted 1400/- i am yet to purchase them, hope fully will get them by this weekend.

Some pics of the offroading. pics courtesy bibudesh and vaas

This were we where heading from here there are no roads at all.
Living with my dream my RX 135-100_4456.jpg

We had to cross this down hill to reach the reservoir.

Living with my dream my RX 135-100_4462.jpg

A biker's island here.

Living with my dream my RX 135-100_4463.jpg

Had to cross even this

Living with my dream my RX 135-dsc_0018.jpg

Some part of good roads on the way back

Living with my dream my RX 135-dsc_0120.jpg

Last edited by praJEEP : 15th May 2008 at 12:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks