Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Living with my dream my RX 135

Hi Folks,

Well i am running short of words to express my joy today, my search for a stock RX 135 has come to an end finally, i got hold of an RX 135 2005 model 10,200 on the odo for 25k. besides a few problems and two scrathes the bike is in good condition. Rubber on the bike is pathetic Worst is the least word to say, please suggest me good of set of rubbers for my ride. getting the bike serviced tommorow will keep you guyz updated.

P.S Thanks to Sankar & straight6 for giving suggestions and replying for my sms and pm's i hope i have not troubled you fellas a lot.

A random pic good pics coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Living with my dream my RX 135-9898.jpg  

Old 1st April 2008, 15:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

What are the "few problems" that you are talking about?
Old 1st April 2008, 15:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
What are the "few problems" that you are talking about?
Front and rear brakeshoes and clutch cable that's it nothing more.

@ ram the speedo cable is working fine no issues.

Last edited by praJEEP : 1st April 2008 at 15:48.
Old 1st April 2008, 15:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

How about the speedo cable,is it working.I have got that thing rectified n times and still its not working.The pinion gets stuck always.
ram
Old 1st April 2008, 19:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

try 3.25 * 16, apache sized rims with Yezdi tyres for the back. improves grip, lowers FE. There are many guys in shivaji nagar and mavalli (near Lalbagh) specialized in yamaha's.
Old 1st April 2008, 20:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you keep the tire and rim sizes stock. There is a brand of tire called IRC. Check if you can get those. There were some guys at the SR who gave me a sticker for those and said they deal in them in Bangalore.
Old 1st April 2008, 20:54   #7
BHPian

Congrats on your RX135. I had similar one in 5 speed version, used it for during my college day. Please change the rear tyre to 100/90 & keep the stock rims. Try to get discs brakes for the front & don't forget to get a good expansion chamber.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

IRC is a Jap company. The first KB125s came with the IRC tyres.

Or else you can go for Zapper Q. It's grippy on dry & wet as long as you don't leave tarmac.

Or go with Moto D/C front & back. This was the last set of tyres i had as i sold mine. Good on the road and better off it.

Select your tyres here
MRF Exports | Tyres

Also i'd recommend shifting to the chrome silencer and the older type speedo console. The present type looks iffy. This is just my opinion.

Last edited by Sankar : 1st April 2008 at 21:32.
Old 1st April 2008, 22:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

beautiful ride. dad had one when I was growing up. pity he sold it before i could ride it :(

A small request- keep it as close to stock as possible. I couldnt possibly stand another beautiful stock RX destroyed by modding
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Prajeep for your new ride.
Even I am looking for an RX 100/135 here in Kolkata, but it appears to be hard to find.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I would suggest you keep the tire and rim sizes stock. There is a brand of tire called IRC. Check if you can get those. There were some guys at the SR who gave me a sticker for those and said they deal in them in Bangalore.
Do you have any contact nos of them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
IRC is a Jap company. The first KB125s came with the IRC tyres.

Or else you can go for Zapper Q. It's grippy on dry & wet as long as you don't leave tarmac.

Or go with Moto D/C front & back. This was the last set of tyres i had as i sold mine. Good on the road and better off it.

Select your tyres here
MRF Exports | Tyres

Also i'd recommend shifting to the chrome silencer and the older type speedo console. The present type looks iffy. This is just my opinion.
How much would a chrome silencer cost, and the old meter console is it easily available.I am thinking of changing the rear tyre to 100/90 will there be any performance drop .any idea what size should i choose for the front one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
beautiful ride. dad had one when I was growing up. pity he sold it before i could ride it :(

A small request- keep it as close to stock as possible. I couldnt possibly stand another beautiful stock RX destroyed by modding
Thanks,grenhorn not to worry he would be in stock always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Congrats Prajeep for your new ride.
Even I am looking for an RX 100/135 here in Kolkata, but it appears to be hard to find.
Thanks, Just contact one person in kolkotta planet rocker, rest would be history for you. if i come across something will pm you for sure.

A small update the cone set and sproket rubber is gone for toss bike is at the service center will be collecting at 3pm its raining cats and dog here in bangy. will give cost breakup's later.

Last edited by praJEEP : 2nd April 2008 at 12:00.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Congrats on your RX135. I had similar one in 5 speed version, used it for during my college day. Please change the rear tyre to 100/90 & keep the stock rims. Try to get discs brakes for the front & don't forget to get a good expansion chamber.
Thanks moby will sure give a thought about expansion chamber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
try 3.25 * 16, apache sized rims with Yezdi tyres for the back. improves grip, lowers FE. There are many guys in shivaji nagar and mavalli (near Lalbagh) specialized in yamaha's.
Any idea what would be the cost for apache rims. FE is not the thing i am worried about, will be worried only about performance.

EDIT: Anyone has RX 135 workshop manual needed it.

Last edited by praJEEP : 2nd April 2008 at 12:16.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Rx135 dude. One of my favourite bikes. I hope you dont end up doing excessive mods to give it a KTM look.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Silencer was approximately 1300 bucks here in Trivandrum in 2003. I'm not aware of the latest prices.

You can easily get buy & fit the older type meter console without any problem. Yamaha authorised dealer Panache on OMR would have them without a doubt. Ask for Satish that guy is prety helpful.

100/90 tyre would be just right! Go ahead.

Last edited by Sankar : 2nd April 2008 at 12:28.
Old 2nd April 2008, 13:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Their cards were over so I didn't get one but my friend got one. Let me check if he can give me the number from it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks