Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 18:57   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review

The bikes look like identical twins!!
More pics coming up?

And like technocrat pointed out, the 'jeep' is a modded Bolero, seems 'lifted' as well. Must say though, very tastefully done!
Old 15th February 2011, 19:46   #77
BHPian

@Dry Ice- Check out the exhaust of abhinav's. A more closer pic would have done justice, but we were busy soaking in the scenery
Old 15th February 2011, 21:19   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
The bikes look like identical twins!!
More pics coming up?
Thanks! Have a few more pics. Will let rdna decide what he wants to post and then post the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
And like technocrat pointed out, the 'jeep' is a modded Bolero, seems 'lifted' as well. Must say though, very tastefully done!
The words I was looking for!! It was not over done and looked very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
@Dry Ice- Check out the exhaust of abhinav's. A more closer pic would have done justice, but we were busy soaking in the scenery
Exactly! We never even clicked a pic of ours with the bike etc. We were only soaking up the scenery and enjoying the twisties
Old 15th February 2011, 23:10   #79
Team-BHP Support

Not wishing to play spoil-sport or play nagging granny, but please get used to riding with RVM's.

Once you get used, it won't be a hindrance/bother and in-fact you won't be able to ride w/o one.

I too ride in congested areas and never has my RVM grazed anything. You got to take a bit wider margin.

Cheers & all the best
Old 16th February 2011, 14:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
.....but please get used to riding with RVM's.
point taken! I normally don't go on long rides without the RVM. This was a spur of the moment decision taken on the night of Friday to ride out on Sat early morning. So did not have time to fix the mirrors. Need to get used to them in the city though which is proving tough, not when riding but when parking!!!
Old 28th February 2011, 17:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Help Plz!

Folks, need your help/advice with an issue I am facing with the bike.

The front of the bike judders on hard braking. It does not lose balance or any such. Is it a case of replacing the fork oil or am i in for any nasty surprise?

The bike has not had a fall or crash (touch wood!!) and nothing has changed since the last year that I have owned the bike with regards to the riding conditions. The bike is in its 3rd year now and this juddering has started only about a week back.

Else the bike is doing great and is a fun to ride every opportunity that I get.
Old 28th February 2011, 20:46   #82
BHPian

Re: Help Plz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

The front of the bike judders on hard braking. It does not lose balance or any such. Is it a case of replacing the fork oil or am i in for any nasty surprise?

The bike has not had a fall or crash (touch wood!!) and nothing has changed since the last year that I have owned the bike with regards to the riding conditions. The bike is in its 3rd year now and this juddering has started only about a week back.

Hey Abhinav,
I hope you are not in for a surprise, but this might be a case of the front shocks only for sure,
I had faced a similar issue, they opened up the font suspension system and said a set of ball bearings (i dont know why they are required there) had gone kaput, they replaced it for Rs 60 and refit the assembly and voila the problem was gone
Now i was under warranty so they did not charge any servicing cost to me but in your case they will
If i am not wrong the suspension system of Apache is different from the usual bikes so please go get it checked up at service center
Old 28th February 2011, 21:26   #83
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help Plz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hey Abhinav,
I hope you are not in for a surprise, but this might be a case of the front shocks only for sure,
If i am not wrong the suspension system of Apache is different from the usual bikes so please go get it checked up at service center

Thanks Sridhar. That was some good to know info. I will get it checked over the weekend for sure. And fingers x'd hope its nothing major.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:30   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

I want to check out if it's the same kind happening on my bike now

Quote:
Hey Abhinav,
I had faced a similar issue, they opened up the font suspension system and said a set of ball bearings (i dont know why they are required there) had gone kaput, they replaced it for Rs 60 and refit the assembly and voila the problem was gone
Now i was under warranty so they did not charge any servicing cost to me but in your case they will
It's at least good to know that the cost is less. Enough of this stupid bike. I'm selling it off
Old 28th February 2011, 21:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to check out if it's the same kind happening on my bike now
You are welcome to try it on any Sat.

Quote:
It's at least good to know that the cost is less. Enough of this stupid bike. I'm selling it off
Given the no. of issues you have had with the bike, no wonder mate. But wait at least until the PG driven is replaced and check if it resolves the major issue. Then decide on selling it off.

Which bike next? GS150R??

EDIT: Just noticed in your thread that the part is already replaced. So give it a few days/weeks and then take the final call.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 28th February 2011 at 21:41.
Old 1st March 2011, 11:17   #86
BHPian

^Would it be possible to hold back on the check with the mechanic till Sat? Let me come down to your place and check it out
Old 1st March 2011, 13:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

Update

The juddering has reduced by itself magically. Though i had a close watch today when riding, it was not evident.

Nevertheless will get it checked over the weekend.

Quote:
^Would it be possible to hold back on the check with the mechanic till Sat? Let me come down to your place and check it out
Done! Ring me or text me and we can meet up.
Old 4th March 2011, 14:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Juddering issue - Update

Due to a last minute plan to go to Coorg tomorrow by bike, I got the bike checked and did a routine service of oiling and greasing. During this time, i asked the mechanic to top up the fork oil. He put 10ml of oil in each fork.

Viola!! On the ride to office, no matter how hard i braked, i could not notice the juddering issue. Hope it stays that way!!!
Old 4th March 2011, 18:52   #89
BHPian

Now that is some good news abhinav,hey folks i am planning for a tyre change-both front and rear..i have decided to put tubeless tyres..any suggestions ???
Old 4th March 2011, 19:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that is some good news abhinav,hey folks i am planning for a tyre change-both front and rear..i have decided to put tubeless tyres..any suggestions ???
Thanks Shridhar. As per the suggestions I got below are a few options for the tubeless tires:

Michelin M45
Michelin Pilot Sport
Dunlop Geo Cruiser

You can check them both and decide which one you want to go for.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 4th March 2011 at 19:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks