Old 18th July 2008, 23:16   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi.k View Post
After all what is the point if you compare Apples with Apples
To find out which one's the most delicious amongst the lot
Old 19th July 2008, 13:50   #197
BHPian

Have given my bike for 1st service today.Chenging the oil filter[Rs 450approx] and changing to synthetic oil, hope the bike will run better now.Also Iam planning to fit K&N RC110[Rs2490] filter,maybve next week as its out of stock now.
Old 19th July 2008, 18:05   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Have given my bike for 1st service today.Chenging the oil filter[Rs 450approx] and changing to synthetic oil, hope the bike will run better now.Also Iam planning to fit K&N RC110[Rs2490] filter,maybve next week as its out of stock now.
I don't think you should switch to synthetic oil so soon. What kind of air filter does it use? The conical one?
Old 19th July 2008, 18:38   #199
BHPian

No, it has a panel filter, like the one in cars.
One of my friends got K&N for his r15, fixed it 2 days back, and i have to tell you, the low end performance is better now, much better.
Old 19th July 2008, 20:13   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I don't think you should switch to synthetic oil so soon. What kind of air filter does it use? The conical one?
I agree with straight6 about using Mineral oil until you put in some more Kms on the ODO. I ain't sure for bikes but for synthetic oil usage on 4 wheelers is generally done after putting around 15K Kms and for bikes this benchmark might be a little less and would suggest instead of going for synthetic oil so soon its better to hang on for some time.
Old 20th July 2008, 00:55   #201
Senior - BHPian

Complete the entire running in of the bike using mineral oil and switch to Motul after the running in is over.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

Guys since you now have faired bikes isnt it time you started looking at crash bobbins or engine/frame mounted sliders?

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th July 2008 at 01:09.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:16   #203
BHPian

Thanks for the suggetions guys.Got the bike serviced today and its well, kind of smoother, I changed the oil filter and oil[Mobil 1 fully synthetic]. Took her flat out, its kind of smoother and crispier.Will get the K&N in a few days.

Shankar - The running in is over but the people at yamaha says the bike doesnt required any specific running in....

Nikhil - Can you pls tell me the model number of his filter and how he got it fixed and whats the cost of it.Iam quoted Rs2490 for RC1100. Is there any FE change?BTW Do you feel its worth it?

Steeroid - Can you pls tell me what these sliders are and what are its advantages are.Iam not much into biking ,so dont know stuffs like this.

Last edited by Veelubai : 20th July 2008 at 01:17.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:33   #204
Senior - BHPian

Don't believe what the dealer tells you if the bike user manual mentions that running in is not required it is valid information. Follow the manual

And while choosing a synthetic oil choose one that is forumulated for motorcycles with wet clutch. Motul 300V is perfect. Automobile synthetic oils would make the clutch slip.

Quote:
Steeroid - Can you pls tell me what these sliders are and what are its advantages are.Iam not much into biking ,so dont know stuffs like this.
These are aslo known as crash bungs. these things bolt on to the frame at certain locations and this will prevent extensive faring damage if, god forbid, the bike has a crash.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:41   #205
BHPian

Shankar - Yeah! I havent gone by what the showroom guys said .I had brought up the issue of clutch slippage but they said that Mobil 1 5W 50 is fine and there are no issues at all.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:43   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shankar - Yeah! I havent gone by what the showroom guys said .I had brought up the issue of clutch slippage but they said that Mobil 1 5W 50 is fine and there are no issues at all.
Mobil 1 is not for motorcycles with wet clutch avoid this. Buy Motul 300V.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:51   #207
BHPian

Looks like I will have to make a change to Motul 300v now as IAm running it with Mobil 1.
Old 20th July 2008, 14:57   #208

dear friends my humble apologies for this delay in getting in touch with you all,

PhrozenFire - the silencer got a simple mod with replacing the end muffler pipe with a broader one, which induces a little bit of free flow & some growl.

RuffRyder - thanks dude, (i like your gypsy )

Ajaybiz - i think i shall try these tires for sometime & then decide.

Tumbler - initially i also thought about doing the red scheming but felt that it would be sort of too funky a color combo on the bike and went for blue.

Veelubai -the visor got a coat of lacquer & black paint for the dark look,
spent 1k for the alloys, but the colour did not come perfectly right, i wanted the gold colour of the master cylinder, so it is being done again, shall post fresh pics soon.

abhisheksircar - thanks for liking the job done, doing a full lacquer job on the bike , shall post pics soon.

and to all my friends who did not like it - shall try to do something good in my next bike keeping in mind all your suggestions, till then cheer me up friendscheers:
Old 20th July 2008, 21:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Mobil 1 is not for motorcycles with wet clutch avoid this. Buy Motul 300V.
Quote:
Looks like I will have to make a change to Motul 300v now as IAm running it with Mobil 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Think Motul has one for bike at 600rs or so per litre.
Waste of 1000Rs? I use Motul Syn for my Avenger and hence recommended it as its for bikes.

Check with voiding warranty if you fit air filter. Dont think a local garage can fix your bike and then the problem with finding parts.
Old 21st July 2008, 17:02   #210
BHPian

yeah JK!...never mind...will update you guys with the filter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks