Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 23:28   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
You should know that a certain psychotic tuner here switched over to HIDs from normal headlamps because the 2 volt drop was not letting his ecu function properly.

Not going into details,the car used to run completely different in the night when the lights were turned on.
You mean HID's are better!?? Explain
Old 8th August 2008, 00:24   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Yamaha guys are not fools.Atleast not the people who made the bike.

You should know that a certain psychotic tuner here switched over to HIDs from normal headlamps because the 2 volt drop was not letting his ecu function properly.

Not going into details,the car used to run completely different in the night when the lights were turned on.
i know they are genius, but guess what? on Indian Roads, Horns have a major role to drive a car or a bike on the road.

If u have a punny low horn, hardly 10% of them give you the side 2 overtake. But a ear blowing horn can do the trick.

How many people look left or right while cornering on delhi roads?
No Offense: Especially female drivers.

For them we need a better horn.

Don't you think bike like R15 should have a better horn?

I know Yamaha guys don't recommend even changing the horn, but R15 engineer is not familiar with the actual driving conditions on indian roads.
If he can make the superb bike like R15, and put his experience and engineer in the bike then it should be a peanuts engineering for him to put a booming horn in R15.

oh as far as HID used in the R15 it may be because of this.
12v 3.5 amp battery in R15. Low Powered.
even bajaj pulsar 200-220 have 9 amp battery.

and it is so weak that we can't even change the horn in the bike.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th August 2008 at 13:51.
Old 8th August 2008, 13:35   #258
BHPian

Straight 6 - I dont think the side panel costs that much.Will tell you the exact price in a couple of days.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:29   #259
BHPian

R15 is a beautiful bike. I am thinking if i must chuck my avenger and buy the YAMMIE.
Old 11th August 2008, 20:02   #260
Senior - BHPian

ok guys since this thread reads 'ownership exp' let me ask this...

is getting a TD from one of the showrooms such a hassle for this bike? I can understand for the R1 or Busa, but why this?

Where can i get a TD around bangalore without being asked "when will you buy it saaar", or "are you booking it now saaar"?? what the heck - I got pissed at one of the dealers and flashed a platinum card from my purse and shouted i can swipe 5 R15's if i want to - but unless you morons come out of the cheap sales mentality seen in this part of the world, how can i make up mind to buy one... and walked out.
Old 11th August 2008, 20:57   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
You mean HID's are better!?? Explain

okay this could be understood only by people who know what a ECM is and what it does
not that i am saying i do well i dont completely but from the knowledge i gained from sag i am sure that the voltage by horn and lights do play a part in the performance of the vehicle with regards to fi or so on..

and as for the above question according to my understanding the hids consume lower power for the vehicle to perform better.
Old 12th August 2008, 12:07   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

is getting a TD from one of the showrooms such a hassle for this bike? I can understand for the R1 or Busa, but why this?

Where can i get a TD around bangalore without being asked "when will you buy it saaar", or "are you booking it now saaar"?? what the heck - I got pissed at one of the dealers and flashed a platinum card from my purse and shouted i can swipe 5 R15's if i want to - but unless you morons come out of the cheap sales mentality seen in this part of the world, how can i make up mind to buy one... and walked out.
I went to Orion Motors (behind Forum mall) and the attitude of the sales guys were pathetic. They would not move from their seat and I had to go to them for asking my queries (not that they answered it from their high-chairs). When I asked for a TD response was "No sir, no TD for another month, come next month and we MAY have a TD vehicle".

Thiyags
Old 12th August 2008, 15:26   #263
BHPian

From the day this bike was launched, i have been in love with this bike but do not know how to buy another bike while my avenger exists.

Cant marry again while living with 1st wife
Old 12th August 2008, 23:15   #264
BHPian

hi guys i bought a black r15 on 11 august.booked on 8th august and luckily two bikes were delivered to the showroom on 11th both were black. initially i was juggling between between blue and black liked both colours but the blue was to be delivered 6 days later so went for black .
what can i say want to rip it but cant in run in this bike demands riping . and yes u definetly will get stares and a lot of questions.
i hope its prices are raised so that exclusivity is maintained. just kidding
Old 13th August 2008, 17:00   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkumar View Post
From the day this bike was launched, i have been in love with this bike but do not know how to buy another bike while my avenger exists.

Cant marry again while living with 1st wife
haha very much loyal. Good thing to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
hi guys i bought a black r15 on 11 august.booked on 8th august and luckily two bikes were delivered to the showroom on 11th both were black. initially i was juggling between between blue and black liked both colours but the blue was to be delivered 6 days later so went for black .
what can i say want to rip it but cant in run in this bike demands riping . and yes u definetly will get stares and a lot of questions.
i hope its prices are raised so that exclusivity is maintained. just kidding
You opted for the right colour. Blue looks good unless its not dull.
Both the colours needs maintainance.
In blue colour you need to have the teflon coating and good polishing to prevent it from getting dull.
Black colour we all know, scratches are very much visible and it is pron to get dirty soon.

For how long you can maintain blue colour not getting dull?
Old 13th August 2008, 23:47   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

not trying to ridicule your experience but tell me in which part of the world do sales guys just want to show products and not sell? if margins were more then there would not be such desperation just to sell and if margins were more there would be well qualified and properly trained people to sell bikes. but if margins were more then the product would cost more and would not be competetive in the market. its a chain dude. can't help the situation.
Old 13th August 2008, 23:57   #267
Senior - BHPian

For the 1 millionth time, are the spares available now?!

I went to the Yamaha Service Center in my area today. Seen a R15 being worked upon. Guy dropped the bike, and the fairing has a fair amount of scratches!!! Anyways, the area service center guys told me that the spares aren't with them yet.
Old 14th August 2008, 00:18   #268
BHPian

yes, spares are definitely available.
Old 14th August 2008, 00:30   #269
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone please find out the prices for the rearsets on the R15?! I just need this much. Don't want the extra bits like the top fancy thing, then brake master cylinder, etc..... just the main bracket, footpeg and lever (brake or gear) of both sides.

R15 Ownership Experience-rear.jpg
Old 14th August 2008, 00:32   #270
BHPian

All the pare are available in TVM. The fairing panel for one side costs around 2k i guess. my friend had a small accident in the r15, it costed him 5k to replace one side panel, one rear view mirror, and the panel, surrounding the headlamps.

Last edited by nikhilv12 : 14th August 2008 at 00:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks