Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 13:08   #1036
BHPian

I think the Chrome 500cc EFI is the C5 in chrome as displayed during the Auto Expo, not the Machismo.

If this is the case, there is still hope for the carbed 500. It will be smart for them to fill the void between the Classic 350 and 500, price-wise.

Last edited by GreaseMonk : 12th February 2010 at 13:10.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:45   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All
Had chat with south zone customer relations manager. He informed that since due to huge pile up for export orders for owning a classic it will take merely 6 months waiting period for all classic bikes. and thunderbird has also gained popularity and waiting period is 3 months now. nothing before that.

With electra and standard being launched in march and april , with this kind of backlogs i doubt there will be any reduction in waiting period. they have gone past the limit and i wonder how many months before it will come to normal.

i can see this also going toyota fortuner way.

mean while i had booked TBTS on 16th of jan and more or less my delivery date is being pushed day by day.

since commutation has become big issue now. i feel to settle with some 220 cc bikes.
what do you guys suggest.
I think since you waited so many days wait some more time. It'll worth to own one if you are those die hard Bullet fans.

One of my friend booked in December and still waiting, but he's not going to cancel his booking.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:55   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
I think the Chrome 500cc EFI is the C5 in chrome as displayed during the Auto Expo, not the Machismo. ..
oh., ok then its like our 1st gen Ci machismo or rather the export deluxe trim. I'll call it better than Lb trim for its paint-chrome detailing.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:11   #1039
BHPian

My Friend has booked for Classic 350 in the First week of November '09. And still the Bike has not been delivered ( Bangalore - Mission Road Dealer).

Is this the Case all over India or only in Bangalore. Now its more than 3 months. Any idea - What's the problem. And we can't say demand, since we hardly see any bikes on the Road.
Old 13th February 2010, 10:42   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
My Friend has booked for Classic 350 in the First week of November '09. And still the Bike has not been delivered ( Bangalore - Mission Road Dealer).

Is this the Case all over India or only in Bangalore. Now its more than 3 months. Any idea - What's the problem. And we can't say demand, since we hardly see any bikes on the Road.
He did not get it, something fishy here i guess.
As in novemebr 1st week Classic was launched, so he should definitely get it. Ask him to call Sales person in RE. If you need number PM me i'll provide.
Old 13th February 2010, 14:36   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
He did not get it, something fishy here i guess.
As in novemebr 1st week Classic was launched, so he should definitely get it. Ask him to call Sales person in RE. If you need number PM me i'll provide.
Thanks, I've sent a PM.

He's following up with One Mr. Mithun - Mission Road.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:21   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Thanks, I've sent a PM.

He's following up with One Mr. Mithun - Mission Road.
I had gone to this dealer for a TD. Unfortunately they did not have a bike right then and I've been too busy (lazy) to go back. I met Mithun, and he seemed to be a nice enough guy. Would appreciate it if you can post your experience with this dealer as I'm planning to book the 500 with them shortly.
Old 14th February 2010, 14:45   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
I had gone to this dealer for a TD. Unfortunately they did not have a bike right then and I've been too busy (lazy) to go back. I met Mithun, and he seemed to be a nice enough guy. Would appreciate it if you can post your experience with this dealer as I'm planning to book the 500 with them shortly.
Sure, I would give the Feedback. I got another guys No. through @akas_chauhan. I'll follow up with him from Tuesday -16/02/2010.

Thanks @akas_chauhan for the PM.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:28   #1044
BHPian

CL-500 - 5 month wait period..!

I recently spoke to teknik motors, only to find out that the only models available are thunderbird 500, and the 2 CL models.. All above 1.1 lakhs.. Morover, the CL-500, that did interest me (being a former electra-350 owner), has a 5 month wait period :( .
Also, HDFC is financing only 60% of the bikes value.. this is news to me, since my previous bullet was financed at 90%, and so was my Verna
Any different responses on delivery timings/finance options ?
Old 15th February 2010, 13:30   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
I recently spoke to teknik motors, only to find out that the only models available are thunderbird 500, and the 2 CL models..
I jumped when I read that. But on checking the RE website found, sadly, there is no Thunderbird 500 released as yet. You mean Thunderbird twinspark (350cc).
Old 15th February 2010, 13:48   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I jumped when I read that. But on checking the RE website found, sadly, there is no Thunderbird 500 released as yet. You mean Thunderbird twinspark (350cc).

even after i read that i was like WTH. i was ready to cancel my booking and instead go for TBTS 500. I think he typed it by mistake.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:24   #1047
BHPian

sorry folks
Yes it was the 350 twin spark I was talking about.. sorry again for causing such a stir here! hehe
Old 16th February 2010, 16:21   #1048
BHPian

Digital Speedo

Looks great, lot of information on display
Phitesla Radon Bike Digital Speedometer for Royal Enfield Bullet | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

http://www.phitesla.com/products.php
http://www.phitesla.com/downloads/RadonUsersManual.pdf

Last edited by RECL350 : 16th February 2010 at 16:32. Reason: more links
Old 17th February 2010, 10:16   #1049
BHPian

Yuck!! That meter spoils the real looks of bullet with that classic odometer. The LED light is welcome makeover though as it does not spoils the look and increases the light visibility.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:14   #1050
BHPian

Off the website now :-(

The CI std 350 ois now off the RE's website as well. :-(

Royal Enfield Classic 350 / 500 - Now on Sale-rip.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks