Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2006, 15:04   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
Really ...climb the kodachadri on bullet let me see .. ...a zma or plusar 180 can go places where no other bikes have gone ...for example ..thadiandamol...last week
I experienced this first hand, when I was ripping my Kari along with a friends 500, on the straights he was right behind me and when ever we hit a climb the kari used to really pull ahead. All this while I was thinking Bull has better torque and it will climb better, looks like performance on the road is very different from performance on paper!
Old 21st April 2006, 15:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hmm interesting Discussion(Though have seen this lots on biking forums).

First things first where is the guy who wanted to buya bike in first place ??(I mean the starter of the thread).

Although I am not a Bullet guy but I respect the Bullet & share views similar to Rtech.

From what I have seen so far, you need to have that love for bullets to be able to rde them & be happy & for a person who is considering a Bullet no other bike, not even a ZMA, is an option.

Karizma: I agree ZMA is not a sports bike but it has an amazing engine & good touring capabilities with eaqually good city riding. And sadly I hate to admit that since now every tom,dick & harry rides zma it has brought down its image to some extent :( nevertheless its excellant bike & I really love it.

Bullet: Bullets are in their own league also now aday you can geta bullet as per your taste as in there are quitea few variants in Bullets now.
If the sight of a bullet makes you go weak in knees then its the Bullet for you, decide as per your budget & taste.
Old 21st April 2006, 15:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly
I experienced this first hand, when I was ripping my Kari along with a friends 500, on the straights he was right behind me and when ever we hit a climb the kari used to really pull ahead. All this while I was thinking Bull has better torque and it will climb better, looks like performance on the road is very different from performance on paper!
the torque of bullet is in low revs and so it wont feel happy being ripped. the torque can be felt when u have two 40kilo backpacks and a pillion and u need to get moving this is when u realise the engine is not being stressed to pull its like a locomotive, gentle and when on the open highways u can cruise at a leisurely 80kmph with all the stuff (mentioned above) and in the hills u cant be doing 60 / 70 kmph speeds but it will happily cruise in 3rd / 4th between 40to60 again showing no signs of engine stress and rather than thumping it will chugg like a steam loco.

to sum it up
If some guy with a zma wants to challenge a Bull rider for a drag or speed run then its foolish if a bullrider accepts the challenge.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 21st April 2006 at 15:35.
Old 21st April 2006, 22:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
the torque of bullet is in low revs and so it wont feel happy being ripped. the torque can be felt when u have two 40kilo backpacks and a pillion and u need to get moving this is when u realise the engine is not being stressed to pull its like a locomotive, gentle and when on the open highways u can cruise at a leisurely 80kmph with all the stuff (mentioned above) and in the hills u cant be doing 60 / 70 kmph speeds but it will happily cruise in 3rd / 4th between 40to60 again showing no signs of engine stress and rather than thumping it will chugg like a steam loco.

to sum it up
If some guy with a zma wants to challenge a Bull rider for a drag or speed run then its foolish if a bullrider accepts the challenge.
I'm sure what you have quoted in the first para is true, though I don't agree with your sum up. Every biker needs to have some fun once in a while and would like to check the performance of his bike in comparison with others. I don't see anything foolish in it as long as its done in a safe environment.
Old 21st April 2006, 23:51   #65

i own bullet machismo,Karizma.....but their characters are differnt..i'm using my bullet 22000 km and karizma 13,000..
Bullet looks very old but karizma is modern..if u r below age 25 go for karizma..if not bullet is the best.. Becoz Karizma is for teenz...
Old 23rd April 2006, 04:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslamnight
Bullet looks very old but karizma is modern..if u r below age 25 go for karizma..if not bullet is the best.. Becoz Karizma is for teenz...
Well Said....Let the BOYS play with TOYS, for a MAN its a BULLET!
Old 23rd April 2006, 09:02   #67

as said by aslamnight, the 2 machines are different in performance. Bullet is more of a crusir bike and ZMA is like breaking loose. so depends what your preferences are
Old 24th April 2006, 13:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Is Bullet Proof of Manhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
Well Said....Let the BOYS play with TOYS, for a MAN its a BULLET!

You need a bike err Bullet to prove that

P.s. sorry for such a post but couldn't resist. Why cant Bull guys give a rather logical or practical reason for buying a bullet than such silly ones
Old 24th April 2006, 22:06   #69
BHPian

Techno heres an abstract logic for my reason for a bullet. I still have my 1987 jap RX100 and the RE Machismo bought in 1992.
In the late 80's RX was the craze of every biker, i have one of those Made in Japan embossed on the engine.
We had only 1 bull rider in our group the rest on Ind Suzikis and KB's. During the ride at a pit stop (chai sutta) we came in to quite a discussion on this "mard" part of riding the Enfield (then also understood as worlds heaviest bike - my ignorant biking knowledge). So I told the bull guy to let me have a ride. Starting was a pain in the butt. but then it fired. with all controls ulta it was a bit different. but then the thump was awesome, the wide handle bars, that huge tank (makes it presence felt in between ur thighs), and the kewl leisurely thump did not make me feel to ride fast like my RX but here i began to enjoy a vintage engine and also the ride all guys overtook me and i was chugging at a 60kmph meeting them 15 mins later at the next scheduled pit stop.
I really cant put in words what i want to express about the bullet it is so abstract that i got smitten by it and bought one on Jan 14, 1992. Age 23½. So again age does not play a major part when u want what u need.
Old 25th April 2006, 09:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

2fast4u: Mate I agree with your views & like I said before I respect the Bull, I have ridden two if them one an 84 model std 350 & a 2003 Electra, it has its own league infact comparing the modern day bikes like ZMA with bull is like comparing chalk & chese.

The only point where I get irritated is the way a few Bull riders give baseless reasons in favour. If you love your bike so do others. Lets be happy with what makes you happy & not ridicule others.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2006, 22:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
You need a bike err Bullet to prove that

P.s. sorry for such a post but couldn't resist. Why cant Bull guys give a rather logical or practical reason for buying a bullet than such silly ones
well by u saying that these reasons are 'silly' u proove that you are NOT a bullet rider.

Buying an bullet beats the whole concept of buying a two wheeler. ie. reaching a place earlier and making it economical (atlest in india). a bullet does NEITHER. its not the fastest of zippiest bike around neither is it the most economical BIKE.

so the most imp question. WHY THE BULLET.

you cant have ONE answer to this question, coz as mny riders of the bull, as many answers will this question have.
Old 17th August 2006, 23:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

all due respect to the karizma but you really cant compare a bullet to a karizma, m sorry to say its kinda stupid.

1) karizma is a bike that has been conceived / developed in the 2000s.

2) The bull has not gone throug a change from 1949 (except for the electric start and minor TWEAKING).

3) Karizma is . .. god knows what . . .no one knows wht is it, its not a screamer like a a RX100 or a RD or. . . its a confused bike it tries to be
a cruiser tries to be a fast bike. . ..

4) the bulls a CRUISER.

so the karizma has its own plus points it might be terrific bike to ride but its stupid to compare these two.

no offences to any karizma rider.
Old 18th August 2006, 01:04   #73
BHPian

All this talk about chalk and cheese. Its more like comparing vacumn tubes to the modern computer.

All you'll who like the bullet belong to the '60's. Comeon guys, every other thread you see on this forum is more about newer technology, efficiency and what not and you guys come back here and talk about the RE bullet? Pray why?

Nothing against the bullet, great bike in its day. One guy in my native had a nicely restored RE Constellation. Loved the bike, but you gotta realise again that they have not done anything much towards the engine its mostly remained the same since the last half of the past century.

GROW UP. Its 'cos of guys like you'll that the company is still alive and kicking and producing these heaps of metal. There are threads and comments where you guys blame the people whose first concern is mileage to be the reason why companies dont' want to bring in any or develop any performance bikes. How different are you from those people??

Let RE make some changes, let them start moving with the times. Let them start building bikes which are testiments of this day and i'll be one in line to get one.

P.S. : Rx135 - Backstreet boys, Bullet - Pink Floyd?

Me - BARF over the comparison.
Old 18th August 2006, 12:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

@ac427: Dude nowhere is I comparing the ZMA & Bull Please read all of my posts in this thread.

A guy is asking for an opinion. If someone says Buy Bull because its legendary bike which rides good on tough terrain & the feel on a bull is incomparable to any other bike or any other practical sensible reason, I can understand but to say 'for a MAN its a BULLET!' is sheer silly.

I agree every Bullet rider has his own reasons to ride & as long he is happy he should ride it.

I despise the very concept of mine is better than yours; you enjoy your ride & let me enjoy mine without ridiculing each other.

Its simple I tried Bulls but didn’t find them to my liking that doesn’t mean they are bad or anything it’s just that my preferences are different. So you ride a Bull & are happy its great but it shouldn’t mean that ridicule what others are riding (which sorry to say this but is very common with Bull riders).

So I hope you understand my point

Btw ZMA is sports tourer; the premium sports sticker on the Bike is stupid.
Old 31st August 2006, 13:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
@ac427: Dude nowhere is I comparing the ZMA & Bull Please read all of my posts in this thread.

A guy is asking for an opinion. If someone says Buy Bull because its legendary bike which rides good on tough terrain & the feel on a bull is incomparable to any other bike or any other practical sensible reason, I can understand but to say 'for a MAN its a BULLET!' is sheer silly.

I agree every Bullet rider has his own reasons to ride & as long he is happy he should ride it.

I despise the very concept of mine is better than yours; you enjoy your ride & let me enjoy mine without ridiculing each other.

Its simple I tried Bulls but didn’t find them to my liking that doesn’t mean they are bad or anything it’s just that my preferences are different. So you ride a Bull & are happy its great but it shouldn’t mean that ridicule what others are riding (which sorry to say this but is very common with Bull riders).

So I hope you understand my point

Btw ZMA is sports tourer; the premium sports sticker on the Bike is stupid.
my apologies. . .have not read your earlier posts . . . .
btw even i hvae not compared the karizma to the bull. . if u read my post.

and wht ur saying about 'for a MAN its a BULLET! is definately STUPID, i know many women riders who ride the bullet.

but the whole point here is u cant compare new age technology to 'heritage'.

i ride a 22 yrs old 350 royal enfield standard. it gives me all kind of problems while starting, maintaing her also is quite a task, . . .m not even going in the direction of FE, coz its. . . u know.

but if i was looking at all these points i would have NEVER bought the bullet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks