Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 21:55   #301
BHPian

Can I replace the stock LB seat with one from the Electra 5S?
Old 19th September 2009, 15:13   #302
BHPian

O-ring chain ?

Now at 13K Kms, my electra's chain is due for replacement. Its stretched out making clanky noises. Did cleaning-relubing etc but no use. RE manual also says to replace chain at 12K kms. Ain't O'ring chains supposed to have better life? mine was cleaned-lubed almost every 2 weeks with WD40 / fresh engine oil.

Mechanic known to me suggests non O-ring type chain (for old bullets but same size sprockets) calling it better in terms of life & runs smoother (less stickiness/ rolls free), no noise etc.

Anyone faced this before, suggest which one to go for - O'ring type or regular.

bye.,
Old 21st September 2009, 21:27   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Has anyone tried to fit a tacho on the bull ?
Nikhil, Renjjit(team-bhp id) had hooked up a tbird tacho to his electra 5s! It was seeing so less action, he didnt make it permanent!
Old 21st September 2009, 22:03   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Now at 13K Kms, my electra's chain is due for replacement. Its stretched out making clanky noises.
Do you carry heavy load/double seating often? Mine is done 12.4k- its not as bad. Didn't you adjust your chain during this 13k run? Try shifting back the rear wheel (it has adjusters and a backing plate) a notch or two- to tighten the chain and see if it is better. I had adjusted my chain around 7K and it still looks ok.

Don't run your bull w/ loose chain for long it could lead to costlier damages. As manual says 12k/chain- it is better to follow that if the bull is your primary mover and runs a lot. You can retain the old as a spare for emergency. Even I am mulling a chain replacement- pls post the MRP if you happen to get your replaced.

Thanks,

-BJ
Old 28th September 2009, 13:01   #305
BHPian

Need information on TCI

I am looking for the wiring diagram of the TCI unit fitted on a Electra , Also does anyone know whether this unit is a AC or a DC unit as i believe that Nippon India makes both these options.
Bye M.
Old 1st October 2009, 12:51   #306
BHPian

hello everyone !
Can i remove the PAV unit from my Std 350 ? will it adversely effect the engine ? what difference would it make though ? I am hungry for more thump, though i have added the RE Retro Bubble silencer/bend pipe :(

been reading this thread from quite some now
Old 1st October 2009, 22:26   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
hello everyone !
Can i remove the PAV unit from my Std 350 ? will it adversely effect the engine ?
It would not affect the engine, but, would certainly affect the exhaust pollution. You may also loose the engine emission warranty- which is warranted for 30k/3yrs by REI. Getting a PUC certificate (by honest means) may be a pain after this or you must run very lean mixture to pass the PUC test.

-BJ
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:31   #308
BHPian

hi !

Thanks for the answer , Is there any side effects other than pollution ? i would certainly like not to polute the air too much.

Is there any +ve effects in removing ?

Another query i have is : I just did my IInd service on 1535 kms ( 3 months from purchase) , and the pick up of the bike & the thump are really low. My bike used to be Thumping great right before the 1st service. But it blurts out air type Thump & not the solid music i used to hear before.

Another thing i am concerned about is the Engine Oil. The RE mech. Mixed two oils, i told him not to but he did, one was very thick ( yellow colored) and the other is Red ( suspected Veedol ) I checked the Oil levels today & it was just on the minmum mark. i tried to check it after riding for 10 mins. but the result was same. The Oil change after the first service was pretty normal, but this one is very thick. I took my bike to a Local mech. and he said that the RE guys used 90 number OIL, i dont know what that is, but am really confused in what to do next ?

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Sorry for the long post. But I am way too into the Tension part regading my Blaze ( BULL )
Old 4th October 2009, 10:03   #309
Senior - BHPian

Use only 20w50 oil for ci engined bulls. In all probability, the mech would have mixed castrol crb with veedol. And this isn't a good thing. So drain the oil and pour in new 20w50 oil. If you are checking the oil level after parking the bull for a while, it could indicate a low level due to wetsumping. To avoid this, either park your engine at tdc or chech engine oil 5 minutes after you have come back from a ride. Never mix oils.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 4th October 2009, 11:23   #310
BHPian

thanks a loy jay for the help ! Should i go with veedol or any other brands ?
How much shoould i pour ? 2.25 ltr. or less ?

Last edited by shan2129 : 4th October 2009 at 11:24. Reason: adding
Old 4th October 2009, 20:37   #311
taj
BHPian

Little bit of deviation from the current flow of thread: Following my decision to own my first Bull, had visited RE showroom at Cochin, tested both TBTS and LB 500, personally i liked TBTS(unlike many fellow BHpian,s) for its riding position and comfort, and decided to go fot it.
I was told that new Model 500cc UC Engine with FI in launching in 3 months and booking starts in a month, price approximately about 1.5L .
Old 4th October 2009, 21:13   #312
BHPian

Taj, they are saying that to all. I was there recently to pick up an LB for a friend. heard it myself. Btw did the saleguys try to promote the TBts over the LB?
And yes, a big congrats! The TBTS is a good ride, with its own merits, though it doesnt have the wild abundant torque of the LB500
Old 4th October 2009, 21:40   #313
Senior - BHPian

Well i bought the MACH V two days back.probably the final few pieces left.In Alberto Green.

Now the biggest problem i am facing is the seat.the seat base is giving me great discomfort.So what can be done to make the seat better.Can i install the Thunderbird seat?

Or is there any other solution to this problem.

Rest its a marvel.I've sort of rediscovered biking with this bike.Cruising at 30kph with a dug dug sound is the best thing is this world.
Old 4th October 2009, 21:42   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj View Post
Little bit of deviation from the current flow of thread: Following my decision to own my first Bull, had visited RE showroom at Cochin, tested both TBTS and LB 500, personally i liked TBTS(unlike many fellow BHpian,s) for its riding position and comfort, and decided to go fot it.
I was told that new Model 500cc UC Engine with FI in launching in 3 months and booking starts in a month, price approximately about 1.5L .
@Taj, are you talking about thunderbird 500 CC or Machismo 500 cc?
Old 4th October 2009, 21:51   #315
Senior - BHPian

^ Machismo 500 UCE is being launched.

The dealer in delhi where i bought my bike from has said that both the Machismo 350 and 500 will be stopped and UCE's will be launched in their place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks