Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 02:59   #16
BHPian

buddy went through the same debate, ended up with a comet just because i didn't have the time to do justice to an RD along with the lack of good RD's with clean papers, so went in for a comet.
I have only 1 weekly off and thats the day i ride so i figured I'd rather have peace of mind for that one day.
Old 14th May 2009, 22:23   #17
BHPian

i would 2nd silver_shadow's latest post and 3rd Spitfire's first one...

AC, the Comet is a good choice else you might end up constantly ruing the fact that u cannot find a good enough mech for her (the RD)...
Old 15th May 2009, 00:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

There is an obnservation about RD 350 : It spends more time with the mechanic rather than you:-)
Cometis much better bike and easy to maintain.
Old 15th May 2009, 01:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, It depends on your level of passion.

If you are really passionate about your biking, go in for the RD and the trouble will be well worth it, nothing really comes close to the RD 350 for sheer raw biking experience. If on the other hand, you are slightly less passionate and want some modicum of a 'normal' life buy the Comet.

By the way, if you decide to go with the Comet please PM me the details of the RD, I might be interested.

Cheers,
Old 15th May 2009, 01:15   #20
BHPian

A well maintained RD is not hard to find, but then of course anyone with a well maintain RD wont be willing to sell it either. In my opinion of owning an RD for about 3 years, the pure adrenaline rush and the raw power is comes close to no other Indian bike I have been in. I would agree the money spent on maintenance is high. If you really love your bikes then you wouldnt mind taking care of your baby and spending a little on it. At the end of the day and RD is an RD and the money you spend on it is worth the power that it delivers.
Old 15th May 2009, 01:31   #21
BHPian

I guess most of the guys did not get your question right. I would put my money on the Comet if resale is the biggest aspect, especially if it is on an urgent basis. Compared to Comet, RDs have a limited number of people who will buy it and the price range is quite big compared to the Comet. Unless you are getting the RD for a steal, go for the Comet.

Im not sure if the prices of the Comet would drop once the other twins come in the market. In turn, it might be the other way. There would be more guys who would want to own a twin but cannot afford a new one.
Old 15th May 2009, 02:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

hillram: you mistaken mate.The RD does not spend more time with the mchanic. Just like everything else , you should know how to take care of it and i say from experience owning one for a long time now.
Coiming to the question.The rd will certainly require more time and effort to be nicely put together.But the efforts will be well worth the reward. Take my word for it.
Old 15th May 2009, 02:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for a trouble-free bike, the Comet might be your answer (given that its a more recent model, and spares may not be tough to get).

The RD is on a different level entirely. If you have the money for it, then by all means it should be an RD in the garage.

I'm a die-hard RD fan, but if a few things ( like peace of mind, money, time et all) were at a premium, I'd go with the Comet.
Old 16th May 2009, 11:23   #24
BHPian

i guess one thing that has not been asked

is it a daily driver??? in that case question solved comet it is!!!1

i drove a rebuilt RD daily for 9 months even then i spent a lot over the months
Old 18th May 2009, 09:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
i would 2nd silver_shadow's latest post and 3rd Spitfire's first one...

AC, the Comet is a good choice else you might end up constantly ruing the fact that u cannot find a good enough mech for her (the RD)...
Thanks for the insight, I think i have the right guy, if you are in Mumbai, PM me I will give you his contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hmm, It depends on your level of passion.

If you are really passionate about your biking, go in for the RD and the trouble will be well worth it, nothing really comes close to the RD 350 for sheer raw biking experience. If on the other hand, you are slightly less passionate and want some modicum of a 'normal' life buy the Comet.

By the way, if you decide to go with the Comet please PM me the details of the RD, I might be interested.

Cheers,
Going by the posts, my inclination is towards the RD, incase if i Dont buy the RD will PM you, but the bike is in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun911 View Post
A well maintained RD is not hard to find, but then of course anyone with a well maintain RD wont be willing to sell it either. In my opinion of owning an RD for about 3 years, the pure adrenaline rush and the raw power is comes close to no other Indian bike I have been in. I would agree the money spent on maintenance is high. If you really love your bikes then you wouldnt mind taking care of your baby and spending a little on it. At the end of the day and RD is an RD and the money you spend on it is worth the power that it delivers.
Am a Avid biker (thats what i would like to think atleast), Just for kicks I do Mumbai - Shirdi - Mumbai in a day on my 83 bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
If you are looking for a trouble-free bike, the Comet might be your answer (given that its a more recent model, and spares may not be tough to get).

The RD is on a different level entirely. If you have the money for it, then by all means it should be an RD in the garage.

I'm a die-hard RD fan, but if a few things ( like peace of mind, money, time et all) were at a premium, I'd go with the Comet.
Money is an issue for me, but I am thinking on the lines of I want something, i Rather buy what is there in my heart.

Now its a tussle between the heart and the brain, the brain says Comet and the heart says the RD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
i guess one thing that has not been asked

is it a daily driver??? in that case question solved comet it is!!!1

i drove a rebuilt RD daily for 9 months even then i spent a lot over the months
Daily Travel will be miniscule, this will be my weekend excursion bike.
Old 18th May 2009, 10:21   #26
BANNED

[quote=ac 427;1308244]Now its a tussle between the heart and the brain, the brain says Comet and the heart says the RD[quote]
Follow your heart, only once i followed my mind when i was buying a car LOL.
Old 19th May 2009, 01:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Money is an issue for me, but I am thinking on the lines of I want something, i Rather buy what is there in my heart.

Now its a tussle between the heart and the brain, the brain says Comet and the heart says the RD
I'd recommend giving the Comet a try. I'm not sure what the demand/availability is, but if get a good bike go for it. Use it for a while. If by chance you aren't happy, you'll still be able to find someone to buy the bike from you. Probably, move onto the RD from there.
Old 19th May 2009, 01:10   #28
BHPian

One truck load of RD's please!!. Who wants the Comet? not me.
Old 19th May 2009, 09:35   #29
BHPian

Ajay, not many people (including me) have a heart as big as you (no pun intended at anyone).

You are the superman when it comes to the RD!
Old 19th May 2009, 10:03   #30
BANNED

Vishal you know the defination of superman in my dictionary "If you are having four balls dont think you are Superman, sure someone is ******* you." LOL.
No man i am no where when it comes to RD's, still have to do lots of things apart from collecting spares.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks