Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 19:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

wOOt!

Awesomeness. How much did this cost you? I am a Randhawa too, can I get a discount? :P

On a more serious note... Superbly impressive attempt. It looks hot and the list of upgrades is very comprehensive. As a matter of fact had I been attempting it, I would not have thought of quite a few amongst them.

You have basically dismantled almost everything! Which makes it an even tougher job to gel together.

I like the rear sprocket braking implementation.

The whole job just shows the amount of brains and hard work that has gone into it.

Hats off to Ranjit paaji.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:37   #32
BHPian

Appreciating the forum's support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Amazing stuff. Courtesy xbhp and teambhp you are now #1 by far. you gotto throw us all a party and atleast acknowledge our efforts at RiderMania.

Its only with support from Non-Bulleteer forums that you've gone to #1 - deserves acknowledging
You are right phamilyman, no arguement with that. Its only with support of the xbhp and team-bhp members that my bike is now leading the leaderboard at the Rider Mania custom bike competition. I dunno about giving a party to the 1000+ ppl that voted for my bike (might just go bankrupt) but I will certainly acknowledge their support at Rider Mania if I win and end up going for it.

Cheers
Old 11th November 2009, 20:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Though I'm not much of a bike guy, this is a really impressive custom job. I generally see these kind of choppers on the Travel & Living Channel but a mod job like this on a desi Bullet is very commendable indeed. Any more interesting projects in the pipeline?
Thanks Dippy. Yes, there are lots of projects in the pipeline. Firstly, this bike will be supercharged using an Aisin AMR 500 unit which will be powered by a cog belt driven by a pulley connected to the bike's crank shaft. Expect that by next summer.

After that, Ranjit plans to build a parallel twin using 2 RE 500 cc powerplants which we will look at supercharging.

Ranjit had a RE 350 cc x 2 powered Vtwin project in progress but he mothballed it as too many ppl had done it.

Also plan to make the ultimate naked street bike with a easy riding position...powered by a supercharged Vmax motor ( the older model engine)= 200+bhp . I have started the process of trying to import a VMax motor..Expect that by 2011 spring I guess.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Terrific job. Many congratulations.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 11th November 2009, 23:11   #35
BHPian

stock 535 oil pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi there,

Congratulations man, that's a nice ride you got there.

Wanted to know, if you did anything to handle the extra heat that will be generated by the setup? Are you still running the stock 535 oil pumps?

Take care.

Thanks & regards,
Prakhar
@blackfire_9, thanks man. The white plate between the twin tanks is actually a heat shield to guard my family jewels from the heat generated by the turbo, which is located right there.

For the lubrication, we are still using the stock oil pumps, through Ranjit did optimize it somehow. We didn't discuss this point but wld be happy to get back to you when I get a chance.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Very impressive job ForcedInduction!

The list of modifications (engine/chassis/swingarm/carb/etc) is quite exhaustive and seriously well done! Must've been some planning to implement that amount of tasks.

Even the setup of converting the right shifter to the left was done very well!

A small part of my mind is screaming "This should've been a cafe racer!", but nevertheless its the best list of performance modifications I've seen.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Very impressive job. More so considering it can spin out a 200 section tyre with a twist of your wrist. Kudos to Mr Randhawa!
Old 12th November 2009, 00:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great concept and very well executed. The bike looks neat, I wish I could hear it too.

Cheers,
Old 12th November 2009, 00:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

FI - you can just click a snap with the prize (which surely you'll win) and post that - that's enough
Old 12th November 2009, 09:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Dude, get your bull on youtube man. A turbo bullet would be a first there. I, like many, want to hear it move.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 12th November 2009, 17:29   #41
Team-BHP Support

Superb job!!

Glad to hear that you are now leading the scoreboard

A video (with good audio) is an absolute MUST for this project!! I'm really interested to hear what a turbocharged bullet sounds like! Please try and take one soon.

All the best,
R

PS - Incase you haven't seen this V-twin bullet build : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ld-v-twin.html

Also check out venugopal's supercharged fiero : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ged-fiero.html
Old 13th November 2009, 15:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
...Ranjit had a RE 350 cc x 2 powered Vtwin project in progress but he mothballed it as too many ppl had done it...
Not any in India! Its only 3 makes world wide.

C'mon man, you should really go ahead with the 'V'. Know that it'll be first in India if 'who did it first" really matters.

bye.,
Old 13th November 2009, 16:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@blackfire_9, thanks man. The white plate between the twin tanks is actually a heat shield to guard my family jewels from the heat generated by the turbo, which is located right there.

For the lubrication, we are still using the stock oil pumps, through Ranjit did optimize it somehow. We didn't discuss this point but wld be happy to get back to you when I get a chance.
Hey, thanks for answering my query.

Also eagerly looking forward to seeing the bike bolted on to a supercharger, would love to see how much of a parasitic effect the supercharger has on the engine performance, specially because the engine is not a revver in case of a Bullet.

Happy thumping,
Prakhar
Old 15th December 2009, 21:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
... my bike at the Rider Mania Custom Bike Competition. Its leading the board now, thanks to ur support. Now alli need to do is figure out a way to take 3 days off from work and ride it to Goa for Rider Mania..
So, any updates? bike/ turbo/ RM
Old 15th December 2009, 21:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

super duper neat! I love what you have done with the bullet. Never knew we could turbocharge a bullet!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks