Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 05:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
We were supposed to pick the tank which was ordered, but there was some issue with the paint work so have asked the guy to get another piece.
- so he changed your gas tank?
Old 14th March 2010, 10:47   #32
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh no - We had ordered for a maroon gas tank. But the piece that he ordered had a paint defect. So have asked him to get another piece.
Old 14th March 2010, 12:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

@V12 - can you do me a favour? Can you check the size of sprocketing on the front & rear for me pls? Thanks in Advance
Old 27th March 2010, 11:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

The bike was being assembled yesterday and a whole lot of parts are required. Got some of them last evening, and the rest shall come today.
  • Wheel distance
  • Drum rubbers
  • Grips of RXZ
  • Panel monogram locks
  • Plug cap
  • Carb clips
  • Carb hose pipe rubber
  • Lever rubbers
  • F&R Brake switches
  • Headlight bulb
  • I've got the Sigma taillight which is rubbish, so have ordered for a Minda or Lumax taillight.
  • Silencer
  • Rear mudguard (front part)
  • Maroon Tank
  • Seat
  • Battery

Will post the pictures today afternoon.
Old 27th March 2010, 14:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
  • Wheel distance
What is wheel distance?
Old 28th March 2010, 01:05   #36

Wow ...good to see so many rx's being rebuild these days . Even Im rebuilding one these days.

I need help regarding some cosmetic changes , how much would the painting cost's for the tank bike and the frame ?

Also my engine is kind of rusted from the outer ,what can be done to it ?
Old 28th March 2010, 08:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

What're the cosmetic changes you're looking at? What's the present state of your fuel tank? You can get the paint job done from Rs 1000 up to any amount that you're willing to pay at the cost of the work quality; IMO, you should be asking this to the people who carry out the paint job. A good neat OE tank should cost you around 3.5K

The engine may not be rusted, it could be simply a mix of rust & oil. So, can you post some pics of your engine?
Old 29th March 2010, 00:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

If you haven't already bought the 2T oil, you should buy the Mak 2T oil from a BP pump. Its better than Castrol Super TT.

Use a 20W-50 in the gearbox. The Magnatec is a 10W-40.
Old 29th March 2010, 07:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Wheel distance is a sleeve between the wheel and the swingarm. The build is almost complete. Got the OE silencer, but the kick lever touches it. So will get a new kick lever off the newer RXs. It'll clear it perfectly. Right now, the following are left to be installed:

- Tank
- Seat
- Change of oils
- Side panels
- Battery

Will have a test run when all these are installed, hope there are no surprises.
Old 29th March 2010, 07:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Oh!!! you mean the spacers? The one that is white in color & made up of plastic or the one in metal?
OE silencer!!! I presume it is RX100/RXG.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:50   #41
BHPian

Good going there.
I have a small question here, can i have front and rear disc brake setup in my 93 Rx100.
I recently had a bad accident (Chassis Cracked). Just due to poor braking.
Have changed the drums, brake liners and every thing associated with the brakes, but braking is still poor.
Also comment on the cost of the conversion.
My Uncle(Mama) has a authorized service station/showroom for Yamaha in Kalyan, you guys pm me for his numbers, if you are not able to find any parts. He might be able to source them.
I know you guys will think, having in house work station why I need to ask about the pricing here? but its like he wont charge me for the work and do it free, which does not look nice ethically.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

I'll be upgrading to the pulsar front disc brake setup soon.

Allan, how much did the side panels and tank cost? I need a set along with the logo's.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Straight - Just a suggestion, use Gladiator's fork & disc setup, they're a direct fit & will not raise your motorcycle's height as much as Pulsar's does. Anyway, choice is yours, there's nothing wrong in going with Pulsar's setup too.

Side panels must cost you like 250-275 for RHS & around 325 for LHS; logos & the silver cover should cost around 75 for each side.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Straight - Just a suggestion, use Gladiator's fork & disc setup, they're a direct fit & will not raise your motorcycle's height as much as Pulsar's does. Anyway, choice is yours, there's nothing wrong in going with Pulsar's setup too.

Side panels must cost you like 250-275 for RHS & around 325 for LHS; logos & the silver cover should cost around 75 for each side.
How much will the Gladiator components cost? I got a quote of 5083 from Bajaj for the Pulsar.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:17   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Gladiators components will not be available easily in the local market also it will be more expensive. Pulsar set-up fits like a glove on the stock T and works beautifully too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks