Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2013, 23:15   #31
BHPian

Re: My Yamaha RX-100 Restoration thread - Need advice

hi yogi, the work is being done at Ambernath. That's where I stay and the garage is located. You stay nearby? if yes, let's catch up sometime.

hi Boruwa, I had download the manual the very first day when I picked up this bike. The download link was mentioned somewhere in Team-bhp itself. And yes, I completely agree, it's a must have for any RX 100 restorer/owner/lover.
Old 30th April 2013, 10:01   #32
BHPian

hey thanks for the reply, i stay in Navi mumbai but often visit Ulhas and Ambernath as i got many relatives there. By the way why dont you buy spares from the Yamaha authorized dealer in Ulhasnagar and travel all the way to Vashi Babloo motors. Prices of bablooo are way to high compared to the others.
The Service station in Ulhasnagar belongs to my Mama and it would be near to you and ofcoz some discount you will get on my reference. The name of the Garage is Krishna Auto Garage. I dont have the exact address, but if you go ahead a bit after Derbi hotel towards the Kalyan Ulhas bridge way, there is right turn with some kinds slop and just there is his workshop.
yogisays0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 17:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sabareesh, please pm your shipping address and contact number. Hope this is what you are looking for. All yours.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130504_172940.png
Views: 10489
Size:  536.4 KB

Regards

Last edited by Viju : 4th May 2013 at 17:32.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R.Boruwa View Post
I have the Service Manual Scan for RX100 but due to its 24 MB size I am unable upload in the thread. I'd say this is a must have piece of document for all RX100 owners and restorers.

Let me know if you can figure some place where I can upload it.
DropBox share if its possible. I am looking out for one for a long time now. Will be of great help, Thanks.
Old 7th May 2013, 23:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Hi Sabareesh, please pm your shipping address and contact number. Hope this is what you are looking for. All yours.

Regards
Viju, thanks a lot for this.

Buddy, I owe you a treat. You have a PM waiting in your inbox. Thanks so much. Please feel free to call me up in case you need any O.E part for your RX from Mumbai. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
DropBox share if its possible. I am looking out for one for a long time now. Will be of great help, Thanks.
Hi Razorblades, Please PM me your email id, will send you the yousendit link of the workshop manual.
Sabareesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 18:46   #36
BHPian

Hello razorBlades,

How is your restoration going on ? Please do post some pics of the work in progress.

Please check your PM for the link to the Service Manual and parts catalog

Last edited by M.R.Boruwa : 16th May 2013 at 18:47. Reason: Typo Error
M.R.Boruwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 12:59   #37
BHPian

Hi Guys,

The restoration is on hold.

Apparently, the painter has gone to his native place hence the chassis and fuel tank are yet to be painted. The worst part is that I have already given him some advance and he managed to escape without informing me. I have no other option but to wait for him. The only good thing is that he's answering my calls and has told me that he'll return this week.

I am told that summer is the peak season for painters as most people want to get their vehicles painted before monsoon. There are many vehicles lying idle at his garage waiting to be painted.

In the meantime, I have found a good electroplating guy and have handed over the chrome parts to him for plating. Will keep you all updated on the status.
Old 20th May 2013, 14:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sabareesh

Sad to hear that. I am in the same boat, just that it's my plating guy who is absconding. My RD has been in bits for the past 2.5 months, and every week the plater has only commitment to give "saar, next week end, sure I will give everything, next is your bike only".

The worse thing is I cannot push him too much, lest he makes that an excuse for screwing up the plating and buffing. :(

Good luck!
Old 19th June 2013, 15:05   #39
BHPian

Gentlemen,

Time to update the thread with some more bad news. The painter is back from his long holiday and has royally screwed up. He called me last evening to deliver the painted parts but to my utter dismay, the finishing was far from good. The surface underneath the paint is uneven; my guess is that he hasn't scraped the surface properly and has painted it in a hurry. Almost all the parts are painted in a haphazard manner. I could see bubbles on the newly painted engine.

After giving him a piece of my mind, he promised me that he will re-do everything again.

The existing so called paint will be burned off, chassis will be scraped. He will then add red oxide and primer to the chassis. After this is done, I will check the chassis and give him a go ahead for painting.

Now, my worry is that monsoons have already started; will this be a right time to paint the chassis ? My painter says that he treats the painted metal in a "bhatti" (oven) which will not allow moisture hence preserve the paint quality. I am concerned about this. Any pointers ?

Last edited by Sabareesh : 19th June 2013 at 15:07.
Old 26th June 2013, 16:53   #40
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I've picked up the chassis and other parts from the painter and have dropped them in the garage today noon. The painter is yet to paint the tank and side panels of the bike. He'll take 2-3 days to do it. In the meanwhile, my mechanic will start the assembly.

Here are some pics for you.

Does this pic remind you of the controversial ad from Ford's agency My Figo easily swallowed the chassis and other assorted parts in its boot.

My Yamaha RX-100 Restoration thread - Need advice-dsc_0257.jpg

Here's the engine

My Yamaha RX-100 Restoration thread - Need advice-dsc_0258.jpg

The engine side panels

My Yamaha RX-100 Restoration thread - Need advice-dsc_0259.jpg

Too many things still pending. The seat needs to be re-stitched, front fork oil needs to be changed, chrome parts have to be collected from the plating guy etc etc. Will keep you all updated as things progress.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:08   #41
BHPian

Slowly and steadily, the bike is being assembled. A common problem with mechanics is that they often delay the bikes which are in for complete restoration against the ones which have one off job. I think its more to do with the fact that more jobs per day = more earnings.

Anyway, I don't want to force the mechanic to rush up things too. If he ignores something in hurry I'll have to face the blame. I am pretty happy with the output till now. He's pretty passionate about Yams and is not leaving any window for quality lapse. Clicked 2 pics for everyone, please pour in your suggestions / comments / criticism.

My Yamaha RX-100 Restoration thread - Need advice-dsc_0265.jpg

My Yamaha RX-100 Restoration thread - Need advice-dsc_0267.jpg

Things pending :-

a. Silencer , Rear grab handle, Gear lever, Handlebar & fuel tank cap to be collected from Chrome plating guy.

The silencer has many dents, my mech. tells me that these cannot be removed and I have to live with it. He's adamant on not purchasing a new silencer as mine is the stock one which comes with RX 100. Any comments / suggestions ??

b. The metal frame beneath the cushion of seats was rusted badly. I've thrown it out and opted for a new fiber / plastic frame. So no worries of rusting any more. Have to pick up the seat from the stitching guy.

Will keep you posted on further details.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Attachment 1080590 Regards
Are there more available?
Old 8th July 2013, 13:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
The silencer has many dents, my mech. tells me that these cannot be removed and I have to live with it. He's adamant on not purchasing a new silencer as mine is the stock one which comes with RX 100. Any comments / suggestions ??
Its better to go in for a new silencer, it surely will add value to the entire re-build. Its also fairly easily available and should not be a problem sourcing it.

I have seen many RD silencers however been brought back to original by few people here in Bangalore, which tells me its possible to get rid of dents but could be a costly affair as against buying a new silence, which in this case is better.
Asif 6959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 13:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif 6959 View Post
Its better to go in for a new silencer, it surely will add value to the entire re-build. Its also fairly easily available and should not be a problem sourcing it.
Hi Asif,

That's an encouraging reply. I've been searching for RX 100 silencer but I was told that it's not available off the shelf. All that I got while searching were the RX135 ones. Didn't pick them up though.

P.S - You can take the oil gauge directly from Viju. I've managed to pick up one nearby.

Last edited by Sabareesh : 8th July 2013 at 13:54. Reason: Adding oil gauge comments
Old 8th July 2013, 13:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif 6959 View Post
Are there more available?
Hello Asif

Sorry, but I have only one spare with me, procured 8 years ago. Reserved for Sabareesh unless he decides not to restore his RX.

Regards
Viju

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks