Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 13:14   #16
BHPian

@drdeepudev - congrats on the wego purchase

it was time to get a scooter for my wife and i tried in vain to convince her about the wego but she had her eyes set on the white activa ever since it was launched so had to go with it even though we waited for 100days to get it here :-( got it 3 days back after having booked it on July 14th

Wego scores over activa in the comfort and riding department easily.. good choice.. only wish my wife was a bit practical but I guess thats a bit too much asking from wives
Old 29th October 2010, 14:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Congrats man ... I didn't know there is 2 wheeler called Wego in the market.
An example of bad advertising I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
@drdeepudev - congrats on the wego purchase

it was time to get a scooter for my wife and i tried in vain to convince her about the wego but she had her eyes set on the white activa ever since it was launched so had to go with it even though we waited for 100days to get it here :-( got it 3 days back after having booked it on July 14th

Wego scores over activa in the comfort and riding department easily.. good choice.. only wish my wife was a bit practical but I guess thats a bit too much asking from wives
Congrats avinash on the activa. Glad to know that you got it in 3 months. Our Wego is nearing 600km mark in the odo (in 3 weeks). Till this day I'm happy with it.
Some random night shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc00910-large.jpg  

Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc00917-large.jpg  

Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc00918-large.jpg  

Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc00921-large.jpg  

Last edited by drdeepudev : 29th October 2010 at 14:37.
Old 29th October 2010, 15:34   #18
BHPian

3 weeks,600 km report.

It has been 3 weeks and 600km with my wego. There were few questions to me regarding its Value for money, Road worthiness, Handling, Fuel efficiency etc.
May be it is too early to comment upon this, but, this is what I feel.
Whether I'll recommend Wego to someone who wants to ride it for 5 years?Yes, now I will. But TVS has to give spares and service. Regarding engine performance I'm quite happy and I think It will last few years without any complaints.(too early).
Fuel efficiency ?
My speed was mostly centered around 50kmph. But occasionally I used to speed(after 500km) till 65kmph. By using tank to tank method, I was able to get an average of 48km/l. Not bad I believe.
Handling?
Cities : Hassle free. Very easy to ride. Good suspension and nice brakes. Accelerates good too.
High way : Didn't push above 65 k mph. It handles good. Wish it had more punch. It is pretty boring to go in a steady speed of 50 to 60k mph. (Please note that I've been using honda unicorn and bullet ). Braking is superb. No wobbles as such. A bit unstable after 65 k mph? (too early to say).

What I didn't like?
1. Head lamps are weak. Wished it has more light.
2. Rattles some where from front. Later figured out that it was from a loose screw in the guard mounting.
3. While giving the scooter a wash, its pretty hard to reach the inner areas.
4. Exhaust is placed away from the body (In activa it is nicely tucked to the body). Gets heated up quickly and there is a risk of burns if coming in contact with skin.
Rest will follow as and when it comes.

Last day, I received a book post from TVS smiles forever program centre. It had a beautiful welcome letter, tips for improving fuel economy, a Rs 5000/- discount card for purchasing diamond jewellery from Surat diamond jewellery and referrel card. I believe all TVS owners recieve this. Pics are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc009551-large.jpg  

Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc009571-large.jpg  

Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc009601-large.jpg  

Old 29th October 2010, 16:05   #19
BHPian

Congratulations drdeepudev.

The spare availability of Activa is a real problem. My wife's activa had a broken kick starter wheel( that what honda told). It took 2 months to get that spare. I wonder what if someone needs a crucial spare.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Congratulations drdeepudev.

The spare availability of Activa is a real problem. My wife's activa had a broken kick starter wheel( that what honda told). It took 2 months to get that spare. I wonder what if someone needs a crucial spare.
The spare availability is a big problem with Honda these days. That is one of the reason why I thought of staying away from Honda this time. I've been using Honda Unicorn for the past 5 years. Chain and sprocket is out of stock in Honda show rooms for the past 3 months. I wonder, what will happen in future if these problems are not met. There is a huge demand for Honda vehicles and their sales are soaring. The same commitment should be seen in supplying the spares to their dealers.
Old 29th October 2010, 18:14   #21
BHPian

Nice scoot there cheta. Loved that flush fit fuel lid. White seems the best colour for now. Access in white simply makes me go "WOW"

Honda's customer rapport is going from bad to worse. Sounds like its the same everywhere like in Bangalore. They never have test ride vehicles and give on-your-face answers when asked any questions. Spares too are a huge concern considering I have a 6 yr old Activa. Parts are fading slowly. They neither have a screw for the front box nor some bushes to prevent rattles from the headlamp dome in stock. Pity state I must say.
Old 30th October 2010, 21:11   #22
BHPian

Your experience at Shymas Honda, Alappuzha( I don't mind quoting the dealer's name), doc, is not at all surprising to me. I also purchased my Unicorn from them and they even charged me for the front and back number plates. On the 2nd free service( in the first quarter of 2005), after their so called "service", I discovered 3 ugly scratches on the front mud guard. After a heated argument I threatened to sue them and also to mail about the incident to Honda Motors, they touched up those scratches with brush( to make them even more ugly).
Then , in 2009, I asked them about upgrading the rear tyre to 100/90. The service advisr gave me a sympathetic smile and said, "you see, the wheel well will not accommodate such a bigger tyre and the swing arm will have to be redone. You will also have to change the stock rims". I went to the MRF tyre shop and in 10 minutes they fitted the 100/90 Zapper in the rear and eversince there is absolutely no problem with the upsizing.
So is the utter negligence and lack of technical expertise of the authorised dealer of reputed companies like Honda!
Old 31st October 2010, 13:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good decision going with TVS, drdeepudev.

I was in the same situation 6 months ago while looking for a gearless-scooter for my Dad. We did not want Activa (too big & powerful for our need) and were looking at HH Pleasure. Same response at the local dealer like OP faced at Honda - long waiting list, "booking closed sir due to demand", receptionist busy chatting with a male colleague and seeing me as a disturbance etc.

While I am not a big fan of TVS (though we have a 10-year old Scooty-ES), I decided a Pep+ would be the way out. Paid money, rode out the bike. That's it. Agree that a Pleasure/Activa would have been much better bike than Pep+ (but then at higher cost too), but it meets our needs (max speed of 35-40kmph, runabout for a 2km radius etc) and I was not ready to wait for months for a bike, even if it were from the H stable.

Last week I found another benefit of going the TVS way - quick service.
Scheduled services at TVS are done by dropping the bike at the dealer's around 10AM and getting back the bike around 5PM same day.

But if I had gone for the Activa/Pleasure I would have had to wake up at 6AM and stand in the line till the workshop opened. Checkout what I saw on my morning walk - see time when snap was clicked.
Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc00005.jpg

Infact this snap was taken when I was returning after the walk and I could see people in the queue when I crossed the workshop first time.

P.S. : Yesterday's DC had an Activa ad on the last page - about how the long waiting period indicated how good the bike is and how it is worth waiting for. I would think they should ramp up capacity instead of trying to make waiting period look like a good thing in this age.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 31st October 2010 at 13:37.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:41   #24
BHPian

drdeepudev

Like you, I too own a Honda Unicorn and I am in love with it, coz it saved my leg in a critical accident. Congrats for Wego.. and Yes, TVS rocks when it comes to customer handling. I too had the same experience in my Home town during 2010 beginning. My sis was driving a Scooty ES and I wanted to buy her a good upgrade.

When I visited the Hero Honda showroon (Sri Senthil Autos) in Erode, (to enquire about Pleasure), I had a very bad experience. There was no vehicles on display, staffs chit chatting with each other and did not bother to engage me. And even I was asked to get up and sit in some other table rudely. Summing up - I decided not to enter that show room again and stayed away from Hero Honda.

The next stop was Honda showroon (The Noble Honda). After entering in, I was greeted by a sales guy and he promptly linked me to a table where 3 sales girls were sitting & chatting. All 3 of them took their own time to pick one of themselves to attend me. I felt like I am being ****ed off... After a couple of cold stares and raised voice, one of the girls reluctantly attended me. Like what you heard, the activa has a long wait list, Dio's booking was not started then. And they wont confirm the delivery dates. I have to pay the booking amount and wait, till they call me.

Cursing my stars, I left the showroom. On a last thought I decided to get a re-sale valuation for my sis's Scooty under Exchange scheme from Lotus TVS. So I drove to their show room and wow! I must say i experienced the same as you.

After warm welcome and the initial talks, the sales lady took me to the yard and asked me to test drive the Scooty Pep+ and promptly handed me all the necessary brochures, details about finance schemes and other promotional materials. I must say I was pleasantly surprised that they have ready stock at yard and I can take the within a day. They gave a good valuation to my sister's old scooty and offered a white Pep plus for immediate delivery.

Based on my experiences
1. Lotus TVS - Pep Plus (Excellent)
2. Peak Suzuki - Access 125 (Good)
3. Noble Honda - Honda Activa - (Bad)
4. Sri Senthil Autos - HH Pleasure - (Worst)

Due to other reasons, I did not book the scooty. When I told that I have dropped the idea, the caller was courteous and even asked me if she could call me later.. if any offers / launches happen in future. And that was the one of the few times, for a tele-caller I gave a positive nod.

I must admit that I am all in for TVS! As Wego is available now.. I might re-visit again .

Once again. Congrats on your Wego purchase. Nice choice with peace of mind (WRT service).

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 1st November 2010 at 13:43.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Then , in 2009, I asked them about upgrading the rear tyre to 100/90. The service advisr gave me a sympathetic smile and said, "you see, the wheel well will not accommodate such a bigger tyre and the swing arm will have to be redone. You will also have to change the stock rims". I went to the MRF tyre shop and in 10 minutes they fitted the 100/90 Zapper in the rear and eversince there is absolutely no problem with the upsizing.
So is the utter negligence and lack of technical expertise of the authorised dealer of reputed companies like Honda!
+1 to it Ashley. Even I have upgraded my tyre to 100/90-18. I think, the service people at honda gives the same answer. I left honda authorized service center that day for ever and went for a Dunlop monster from outside.
Ever since, my unicorn is getting serviced outside the showroom and I'm quite happy with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Good decision going with TVS, drdeepudev.

Last week I found another benefit of going the TVS way - quick service.
Scheduled services at TVS are done by dropping the bike at the dealer's around 10AM and getting back the bike around 5PM same day.

But if I had gone for the Activa/Pleasure I would have had to wake up at 6AM and stand in the line till the workshop opened. Checkout what I saw on my morning walk - see time when snap was clicked.
Attachment 446758

Infact this snap was taken when I was returning after the walk and I could see people in the queue when I crossed the workshop first time.

P.S. : Yesterday's DC had an Activa ad on the last page - about how the long waiting period indicated how good the bike is and how it is worth waiting for. I would think they should ramp up capacity instead of trying to make waiting period look like a good thing in this age.
Very well said supreme baleno. Honda should ramp up the capacity. They lost a die hard fan of Honda. Frankly speaking I'm not happy with the performance of new gen activas (we have it in our family). They should do some thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
drdeepudev

Like you, I too own a Honda Unicorn and I am in love with it, coz it saved my leg in a critical accident.

Cursing my stars, I left the showroom. On a last thought I decided to get a re-sale valuation for my sis's Scooty under Exchange scheme from Lotus TVS. So I drove to their show room and wow! I must say i experienced the same as you.

After warm welcome and the initial talks, the sales lady took me to the yard and asked me to test drive the Scooty Pep+ and promptly handed me all the necessary brochures, details about finance schemes and other promotional materials. I must say I was pleasantly surprised that they have ready stock at yard and I can take the within a day. They gave a good valuation to my sister's old scooty and offered a white Pep plus for immediate delivery.

Based on my experiences
1. Lotus TVS - Pep Plus (Excellent)
2. Peak Suzuki - Access 125 (Good)
3. Noble Honda - Honda Activa - (Bad)
4. Sri Senthil Autos - HH Pleasure - (Worst)

Due to other reasons, I did not book the scooty. When I told that I have dropped the idea, the caller was courteous and even asked me if she could call me later.. if any offers / launches happen in future. And that was the one of the few times, for a tele-caller I gave a positive nod.

I must admit that I am all in for TVS! As Wego is available now.. I might re-visit again .

Once again. Congrats on your Wego purchase. Nice choice with peace of mind (WRT service).
Thank you Rajesh. It may seem funny, but, my leg too was saved from a critical accident last month. Poor crash / knee guard took all the brunt. Do test drive the vehicle and let us know the feed back.
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Rajesh. It may seem funny, but, my leg too was saved from a critical accident last month. Poor crash / knee guard took all the brunt. Do test drive the vehicle and let us know the feed back.
Unicorn is trustable!

Yday I requested a testdrive in Wego website. And just now received a call from Bangalore TVS office. He said except Tamilnadu ,Wego was launched all over India. The caller confirmed that, by end of this month the model will be available across all outlets in Tamilnadu. He also marked my test drive request to a TVS dealer in Adyar. Let's see how it goes.
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

This is a nice looking scooter. Interesting placement for the fuel lid.

OT, but why is there such a huge waiting time? This is stupid and can kill sales like nothing else. Even Yamaha is stating a waiting period of atleast 2 months; in Mumbai atleast.
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Interesting placement for the fuel lid.
It came there first on the TVS-Streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
OT, but why is there such a huge waiting time? This is stupid and can kill sales like nothing else.
Dont know about other places, but in Kerala, they want only either Activa or Pleasure. Earlier it was all Activas, now Pleasure is the new favourite. And people don't mind waiting. My friend got a new Pleasure after waiting for 4 months. And since waiting period for black color was even higher, he settled for a Teal color bike.
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:52   #29
BHPian

Nice looking bike and i especially like white color in 2 wheelers more than 4 wheelers.
Am impressed with the mileage you are getting too. I bought a rodeo 3-4 months back and it was giving only mid 30s for first couple of services.

@drdeepudev

- Dont think you should be riding at 60+ when you have did so few kms on the scooter. It is a 8bhp engine with top speed of probably around 75-80 ..so you are going at 3/4th max rpm during the break in period. Very tempting to go fast but little longer wait would help
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:18   #30
BHPian

congrats on the wego, awesome pics!! we got the black one recently, white's definitely the hottest looking color on this bike but it was ruled out because wifey did'nt want 2 whitey's @ home, i drive a bossa nova white punto!!

anyway, like you guys, we were sold on the Activa too initially and only went the DURO (Mahindra) way after being put off by the rather ridiculous waiting period of 4 months! Had we known the WEGO was coming, we probably would've waited but could not resist a TD when it launched eventually, the rest is history!!

Sold off our month old Duro at a 20% depreciated cost and booked the Wego the very next day! This bike is amazing, wifey has owned a previous generation activa and has ridiculed every aspect of that bike ever since she started riding the Wego.

+ves - Amazing Handling & Balance, Seat Positioning (the pillion seat is just perfectly positioned, unlike the wider pillion seat dimensions on activa, rest of the competition), external fuel fill, alloy wheels.

-ves - a full size helmet will not fit into the storage box under the seat, my only issue, a helmet lock will solve that problem though!!

THE perfect scooterette in the market today - take a test ride, you will know why!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks